2007 Nissan Altima

Based on 1033 Ratings for the 2007 - 2012 models.

not so happy w/this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "It's quiet, controls are easy"

Cons: "Jerky transmission; horrible driving seat"

"After reading tons and tons of reviews on this car and others, and the fact my mechanic said he wouldn't fix my old car any more, I leased the Altima. It's the Special Edition which is nothing special. The transmission jerks constantly, and the seats are very uncomforatble. I'm 5'10" and after about 20 mins, my driving leg starts to fall asleep. There isn't much leeway in adjusting the seat. And the seat is just plain hard. I'm so glad I leased rather than bought this car. It's fine for around town driving, and that's about all it'll be used for. Can only hope the dealer offers something down the road so i can give it back early - will also consider breaking the lease. Very disappointed."

Luxury for anyone's pocketbook

By on Thursday, April 26, 2007

"This car is luxury meets affordability. Go for SL package with all the trim and you will not be disappointed. Style, Performance, Gas Economy, and Price Tag. Cannot get a better car for the price. Had mine four months now and would not trade it for anything less than a 350 Z."

Very good vehicle

By on Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pros: "good $, good MPG, comfortable and fun to drive."

Cons: "keep extra batteries and a spare key!!!"

"This has to be one of the best vehicles I have ever had. I enjoy driving it and is very comfortable. There is only one down side to this vehicle (and probably any other with the same feature) If the battery goes dead on the remote key and you can't get the other key or a new battery, you are in trouble. You can start the car and drive off, but when you stop you have major problems. The gearshift locks in park. This is easily taken care of by the hole next to the gearshift, however the stearing column is a differant story. There is no way of unlocking the stearing column and unless your wheels are already straight, you can't even load it on a flat bed tow truck!!! There should be a way to unlock the stearing column like the gearshift. Of course once you get the other key or a new battery, your fine; but it could be that if you are on the side of the road, not even a tow truck will do you any good. You have to get a battery or another key. BTW, a new key is $200.00+ with another $100.00 to reprogram the car to the key and the dealer is the only one that can do it. With all that, I still say it is the best car I have ever had. Just make sure you can get another key and keep extra batteries in the car!!"

3rd Altima--still great 4 years later

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "good pick up, gas mileage, average ride"

Cons: "OEM tires junk"

"I average 85 miles a day 5x a week. Only have spent money on basic services, brakes and tires. No squeaks or rattles like some of my previous American cars. Rides good and I average 27 mpg. I spent a few extra dollars on my first set of replacement tires at 45k, continentals were junk. Went with Pirelli and I still have about another 30-40k tread left. Tire noise is much less. I contemplated trading in on a new 2013, but without any major issues I'm going to try and get another 50,000 miles. Trade in value is low since Nissan dealer in area offers double discounts, so they won't work much with you. Previously owned 2006 and 2004 Altimas."

Mostly satisfied

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Ride, Acceleration for a 4 CYL., cabin room."

Cons: "Cold engine noise, CVT hesitation."

"This vehicle is of good value for the money. I bought it used with 34K on the odometer and it has ran well since then. My overall MPG is 31 and I believe my highwway MPG to be around the mid 30's. However, the engine/CVT combo took some getting used to. The engine does sound like a diesel when cold and it will tick until warmed up under acceleration. I did a lot of research on that issue and the noise is due to engine design and solid lifters. I ran Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1 filter for 4K and had a near perfect used oil analysis which indicated much less than average wear for the vehicle. So I guess I somewhat confirmed that the noises are not detrimental. I also had the CVT hesitation TSB performed for free from a local dealer. That was nice but it still hesitates and drops in RPM at approximately 30 MPH but I guess occurs less frequently. This is my first Nissan and overall things are fine. The ride is quiet and comfortable and the cabin is roomy. There are just some things to get used to with a new manufacturer."

Love my Altima!

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, affordable, comfortable, large trunk"

Cons: "I wish it had more technology available."

"This car is very reliable and drives amazingly. I love the sport mode because the suspension feels tighter and takes turns much better. The interior is very comfortable and roomy, I have had many compliments on the space available to my passengers. The gauge cluster is very easy to read and appealing to the eye. I love my tail light design! 5/5!"

good car, good mileage, would buy again, gd dlr.

By on Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pros: "price, perks, looks, mpg, helpful dealer"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"I have no complaints about this car. I totalled my Toyota Camry and shopped around for a new car, settling on this one...best deal. More bang for the buck. It gets 26.5 mpg in town and about 31 mpg on the highway. It's very smooth ride, no repair problems. Only one recall and that's to do with exhaust system...fixed free. I use winter tires so it's good in the snow. I have absolutely no complaints about this car. But, I still miss my Toyota and I cannot tell you why. Either way, it's been nice owning two different makes of cars when it isn't being repaired all the time. I would give this car a very high recommendation."

do you want a car you can love?

By on Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I LOVE MY ALTIMA. i have a 3.5SE with the tech package. i love the nav system, XM nav-traffic is cool, back-up camera is great too. ive had this car for about 13 months now and im averaging just over 28MPG with it. i drive pretty agressive too. thats probably the most impressive part my altima. other then that handling is great, fit and finish is better then camry and accord. well actually everything about is better then camry and accord, performance, styling, comfort, options, over exillaration. altima is the only car worth its money."

Front seats are difficult get in & out of.

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

"Love the car, love how it handles when driving. Do not like the design of front seats because they sit too deep or low making it difficult to get in or out of. The interior chrome did not hold up to well, it started failing after having the car for 6 months or so. Love the gas mileage . Love that it has quick response for speed if needed."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Powerful, fast, good traction, Bose audio is great"

Cons: "Rear seat is unusable"

Great looking car!

"This car was expensive ($30K) but it has every available option or feature. The engine is powerful, the handling is decent for FWD and the insurance is reasonable compared to a similarly equipped RWD car like the Infiniti G35 coupe. In 105K miles, I have only bought 1 battery and 1 set of tires and brakes. I have had zero unscheduled maintenance. The car has held up well and I am very satisfied with it."

Great looking car!