2005 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1254 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

My 2nd car

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, 260 HP, great looking inside and out"

Cons: "MPG, driving on snow,"

"This car is sweet when i first owned it and still is. But i wish it would get more MPG. Overall a good car to own if you want a family car with a accent of a sports car. Injoy!"

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND THIS CAR!

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "Great price, DEPENDABLE, low maintenance costs"

"I've owned this car for 6 years, after buying it in 2005 at two years old. I never had a major problem with it, only had to maintain it. Drove it in the mountains, across country, and in town. I am only getting rid of it now because I'm leaving the country for two years, and when I return, I plan on buying a Nissan truck."

Mad at Nissan

By on Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"I loved my 2002 3.5 Nissan Altima. I loved the way it handled and drove. I always did the suggested mileage maintenance on the car. Oil changes every 3000 miles. It was my baby! Around 115,000 it started to use 2 quarts of oil a week!!! Dealer couldnt pinpoint the issue. Told me that I needed new head gaskets. I went on the internet and typed in Altima execessive oil usage and several sites came up. Hundreds of people were having the exact same problem that I was having. Nissan has to know about it and would not do anything about it. I loved this car but I will not buy another Nissan. If you own one, check your oil very carefully after 80,000 miles"

A Good Used Car

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"When I was first looking for a used car, I was out for an 02-03 Maxima, but they were a little too high-priced. I began to look at Accord (for its sportiness compared to Camry), but still wasn't sure. Thus, I came to Altima. All I knew was that it came with a stupendous V6 or a decent I4. 30,000 miles and a year and a half later, I'm still very pleased that I picked this over Accord. Mechanical reliability is the only nitpick I have, as the mass air flow sensor failed at about 60,300 miles (talk about back luck). Other than that, the car is quite reliable and a joy to drive. Handling is above-par, even without the sport suspension. The interior never won any awards, as cheap plastic is overly abundant in the car. However, the styling is spot on. This is NOT your parents' Camry or Accord. Acceleration is above average for a 4-cylinder midsize sedan, and there is plenty of room (in the front, in the back, and the trunk). The standard audio system is even impressive and easy to use. Bass is strong, the midrange isn't muddy and treble tones are very crisp. Most importantly, mileage is phenomenal. I have averaged 28.2 mi/gal since March driving roughly 20/80 city/highway. Drive lightly enough and you may make 550 miles on a tank of gas...the best I did was 562 miles on 18 gallons. Overall, Altima makes a good used car. Decent value for the money."

Almost 7 years and going strong!

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, value, dependable, big trunk & gas tank."

Cons: "Only 21 mpg."

"I bought my Altima in Nov 2006, got a fantastic deal ($2,000 cash back) since I bought it near year end and accepted what they had left on the lot. I mainly used it to go 6 miles back and forth to work with longer trips every other weekend. I've always averaged 21 mpg, a little better with all highway driving. I love the 20 gal gas tank and the roominess of the car, both length and width. Unfortunately, NYC is not a good place to keep a car's body unblemished ....... between parallel parking bumper dents/scratches, narrow parking lot spaces fostering scratched/dented doors and winter potholes, the body looks as if it's been through the mill. I still love "my baby" though! When I move out of NYC and save up enough cash for a new Altima, I'll trade in my low mileage baby for a new one and get another year end bargain."