2005 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1257 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Comfort and reliability of Nissan are unparalleled

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a great valued car"

Cons: "No Bluetooth"

"I have had two Nissan Maxima's before my Altima. I love all of them. They are the most comfortable and reliable cars. I kept up with all manufacture required maintainance recommendations and never had any problem with the car. I love my beautiful car. I decided to buy a hybrid car because of the high price of gas."

Great Sports Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast. Fun to Drive, Affordable, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy and stiff ride, prone to tire/wheel problems"

"Purchased the car used with approx. 60k miles and it currently has 125k and i have owned the car for 5 years. As a lover of sports cars i have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Has great acceleration and is still a practical car. Car isn't the best in snow, but for a sports car its not too bad. Not the best mpg and the ride is a little stiff and noisy and when you hit bumps it really resonates in the car. Sometimes hitting bumps will give a sound of rattling plastic that seems kind of cheap. Low profile tires are also vulnerable to flats and dented rims which I've had a problem with here in NJ. The problems I've had with the car are minor and have never needed any expensive repairs throughout ownership compared to my last car, '98 Audi A4, which required maintenance pretty frequently always costing at least 1,000 and often more. All in all, the Altima SE-R has been good to me and I would definitely purchase it again and recommend it to others."

Except for exterior paint, good car.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Good trunk storage & sound system."

Cons: "Center console difficult to clean..."

"Exterior paint has pitted on the front of the car. I paid extra for Armour guard, and I do not tailgate, so this is an annoying disappointment every time I look at the car. Other than that, I still enjoy the comfort, design & reliability of the Altima."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Crank shaft"

"I bought my 2005 altima brand new, the only problem I had was the crank shaft other than that the car has great mpg, love the space, and very reliable"

the best car i have had yet!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "doesnt have an mp3 plug"

"i love my leather seats, also the seats are almost the size of chairs very comfortable!! the sunroof is cool. and it has a bose system and a 5 dise cd player, the truck has an awesome amount of space. it is a great car to travel in< the gas mileage is great, i can go 350 miles on a full tank of gas!But i would have to say my favorite thing about my car would have to be the engine. it runs so smooth, and you will never be the last person to get anywere. this car is ready to go!!!"

MY FAVORITE!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "everything is a pro!"

Cons: "no cons"

"the Nissan Altima is an amazing car, ive had two nissans before. ive had a sentra and the Altima blows it out of the water. it my favorite car. it drives smooth. the bose system is great! it is a fantastic machine!"

Altima - Excellent Choice for the long haul

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Economy, interior room, dependability."

Cons: "Some interior points are kind of "Cheap""

"And what I mean by long haul that is if you plan to pay out the note. You can expect little problem in owning this car. In nearly 100,000 regularly driven miles the Altima has only had thwo "not our fault" issues. They were a minor interior issue, and the cam/drive-line sensor issue. So with the exception of tires, brakes, and batteries this car has not ever left us stranded. Another nice thing, you can still get a brand new same level Altima for nearly the same price we paid back in 2005."

I would get another Altima

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Nice to drive, great body style."

"I bought it with 12,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. It has 135,0000 miles on it now. I've had to put some money into the car for repairs in the past 2 years for different things. I've kept up the maintenance since I've bought it. I would get another one."

A safe car that can be quite fast.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, very fast for a sedan, VERY SAFE!"

Cons: "only gets 26-27 mpg on highway."

"I was gifted this car from my father when I turned 16. Granted that we had this car for six years, but it was now personally mine. I drove 25 miles to school and 25 miles back every monday to friday. I got the car when it had 70,000 miles on it. In two years, I put on 21,000 miles on the car. That puts a lot of strain on the engine, especially when I drive 75-80 to school. Eventually, right in front of my school. I got in a wreck. The person turned left onto the road while I was going straight at 50 mph, suffice to say, the car is now totaled. However, I walked out of that car a little disoriented, but no injuries at all, only a tiny bruise where the air bag brushed my wrist. I had my sister in the car with me, she didn't even get a bruise like I did. This car saved my life and I thank the engineers at Nissan for making a safe car. But onto the car itself. It was very reliable, roomy and very fast too. There is a lot of headroom and leg space front AND rear. I also added an Amp and two subs in the trunk, it still had A LOT of space in the trunk; that trunk is HUGE. I got 0-60 in 6 seconds, that's about as fast as a porsche boxster. It handled very well too, but I didn't need it too much in texas. If I could, I would buy this car again."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Price, mileage, looks/runs great, fun"

Cons: "Exterior pain scratches easily, (but no rust)."

"I'm 64 years old, and have owned 20 cars. This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive, the 4 cyl. motor has plenty of power, it looks great inside and outside, handles well, and gets GREAT gas mileage. I drive about half city and half highway, and in summer I average about 28 mpg. If I baby it, I can get 30 mpg. It runs great, and after 115,000 miles the motor sounds, runs and feels like the day I first drove it. I'm still on my second set of tires, and will get another set at 120,000 miles. The interior looks like new and is easy to maintain. My one compliant is that the exterior paint scratches easily (surface scratches, not down to base metal). There is no sign of any rust whatsoever. I am retiring soon and a year or two ago I had thought that I'd reward myself with a new car, maybe a Maxima, but frankly, I like my car so much I don't want to part with it! It has held up so well that I don't see a need for another one at this time. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat."

Even at her Old age I love her!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependable, spunky 4 cyl!"

Cons: "refuses to die! So prepare to own for a long time!"

"I have to say that I abused this car at every turn possible and she never ever failed me! She has driven I-10 from ocean to ocean twice! Never had any major problems! Plain and simple Altimus Prime is more than meets the eye! I wish I would have bought two of the same car and put one in storage...She is starting to knock and click a bit but is still going strong! She really does drive like a sports car, with all the room and comfort of a family ride!"

1st Nissan

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "dependable, fun, styling"

Cons: "cant charge your phone unless car is on."

"My Altima was the first new car purchase I have made. I have owned several makes and models and my Altima is by far the best car I have ever owned. It currently has 132k miles and I have never had a major issue, nor dependability issues. I live in Iowa and every winter this Altima would start without hesitation... even if left outside in below zero temps. Highly recommend and will trade in for another new Nissan soon."

Love IT!!

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Great car for the value! I haven't had to put any money in it other than routine maintenace, but some of the parts are a little pricy (headlamp bulb $90). But I would absolutely recommend this car, and may buy a newer model when its time."

Best car for the $

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on, parts are reasonable."

"I have owned this car for 6 years and except for normal wear and tear this car has been a very exceptional car. I have put 3 sets of Perilli tires(70k on each set), replaced the catylytic convertor, tune-up, rotors and pads, Mobil 1 oil change every 10k, cam sensor. All the work done by self, as I do not trust the Dealers."

Great handling, comfort and gas mileage

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I'm 6'2" and I fit comfortably. Handles great on curvy mountain roads. Avg 30 mile/gal, great sound system. never any problems, have only done routine maintenance"

WILL ALWAYS OWN ONE!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I was recently in an accident with a very large deer at a pretty high speed and this car held up better than my prior SUV hitting a smaller deer at a lower rate of speed! I will ALWAYS own a Nissan Altima! Not to mention, my son is 6'5" and fits in the back seat comfortably!!"

over all

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Good tunes,good gas,fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic door handles,no ashtry"

"Over all I'm happy with my 2003 altama SE.I bought it used with ,118,000 miles on it and other than no ashtray,and the rear door handle breaking during winter,I've had very little issues with it.The Boose stereo still sounds crisp and very loud,the sunroof still seals with no leaks,and although it uses a qt. of oil between tuneups,I still get great gas milage.Plus for a 4 door it still has alot of get up and go and is very sporty.The heated seats are nice in the winter."

great car

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "No,ipod hook up"

"Great car, smooth, reliable 10/10 times!"

Puts Honda and Toyota to shame

By on Friday, October 01, 2010

"I can't speak for the 4-cylinder engines, but the 3.5 V6 is a force to be reckoned with. Fast, responsive, and still pretty friendly on the gas tank. The car is well built, the center console doesn't shake like the cheaply assembled Camry's, and the cluster panel is informative and stylish. The AT can be a little hesitant to downshift, but that's the beauty of using the manual shifter when you want speed. Keep the oil and transmission fluid changed and the engine will purr as it should (it's the same engine as what is in the Infinity G35 and the base 350z - the transmission isn't as refined though). Would definitely encourage getting good Bridgestone tires (the stock bridgestones are the best combo of performance and comfort) Get them at firestone and GET the lifetime balance and alignment - the alignment is sensitive! Get a used one for 12-15k with less than 75k miles on it and kiss the competition goodbye!"

lemon

By on Thursday, January 21, 2010

"all nissan altimas in this year range have problems once they hit the 100 thousand mile range.....the engine, head gaskets, and pre-cat keep messing up due to a malfunction that there was a recall too....however the recall did not fix the underlying problem and even after getting a new catlyac converter the same problems happens again and it eventually causes damage to the engine...its jut a revolving problem....the worst car i've ever owned...i'll stick to driving camrys at least they are predicatble and reliable!!!!"

The 3.5SE Rips!

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Best car I've ever owned. I had two maximas before this, 97GXE and 2000SE. Both of them had a quieter cabin at highway speed than the Altima. That's why I gave only gave it a 4. Not a big deal to me but some people might care. Other than that it's very comfortable. The seats are great. I could drive this car forever. One pet peave is the stupid curved display on the heat/AC. It manages to reflect the sun at any possible angle so you can never read it. Duh! So you move your hand over it when you want to read it. No biggie. Performance is great! It's quicker and handles better than both of my maximas. Turn off the traction control button and you have 240 horses teamed with a skyline suspension. Lots of fun. It's the maxima engine in a lighter car with a better suspension. I can take rotarys at 50 without sliding and barely starting to squeal. It also has surprisingly good mileage for a beefy car thanks to the variable timing. I get 27 mpg on the highway at an average speed of 75 to 80. On the Auto trans model 75mph is only 2500rpm. That's not even half way to the 6600 redline. No need to settle for the four cylinder. I really like the body design. It looks slick and new even though it's 7 years old. The paint job is also high quality. Not one paint chip after 7 New England winters. I have the tannish-goldish color which is great if you're lazy like me. I hardly ever wash it because it doesn't show the dirt. An occasional rainstorm is usually enough. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The trunk is way bigger than you would expect. I can fit my kids BMX bike in there without even moving the seats. I can fit my Cannondale road bike in there if I do move the seats. I drive this car hard and I've only had one problem. Mass Airflow sensor died and cost me $750 at the dealer. I figure that's a fluke. I never even had to get it aligned. I'm shocked at that because like I said I drive it hard and there's plenty of potholes around here. Driving Nissans for the past 10 years I've started to take reliability for granted. The best thing I like is that I have a fast car that doesn't look fast so the cops don't even notice you. The insurance is also quite a bit cheaper than the Maximas. Nice perk. Never had an accident but that's probably because I can out maneuver almost anything. Great brakes too. The Bose system is nice but a little piercing in the mids. Most normal people woulod never notice but I'm an audiophile so I'm picky. Most people will love the sound. The fact that I still haven't gotten around to installing my 2x12 800watt aluminum subs should tell you that the Bose sound system is pretty darned good."

I LOVE MY ALTIMA!!!

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"We bought our Altima in 2003 as a demo with 500 miles. It now has 101048 miles and is still going strong. We've had no mechanical issues. I went from a 4 cyl to this 6 cyl and WOW what power!! I love everything about this vehicle. I would purchase this vehicle again and again and again."

A wonderful auto

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"We love our auto. It is easy to drive, comfortable, and beautiful. It is a poor man's luxury car."

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"I have had my 2005 Nissan Altima SER for 4 years and still love it. One the highway I get around 29-32 mpg and in town on an average of 24. It's classy, stylish, very comfortable and can't complain about its performance. I've seen only one other SER in the town where I live and people notice it's different from the other Altima's. I am a very satisfied customer. My only complaint is because of the SER package and it's sporty styling, it does have a little more road noise."

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"At 95000 thousand miles I had to replace the gas pump, the catalytic conveter, the bar links, the alternator. The service engine light came on and the mechanic said, it is something that hadto be done by the dealer. I took the car to the dealer to set the idle speed and they said that the car had a vacuum leak and the solenoid had to be replaced. I had to pay $200 bucks for that.I won't buy a nissan anymore, I am done with nissan. I forgot to tell that I had to replace two motor mounts, the water pump and the thermostat."