2005 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1246 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

My first "adult" car and a GREAT choice!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason: Over the manual

Pros: "price, fun to drive, roomy, comfortable interior"

Cons: "No a/c in the back seat"

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it at 21, one year out of undergrad wanting something reliable as I'd had a few beaters fail on me. Three words: Best Purchase EVER!!! I am so glad I bought this car and not another mid-size car that I was considering at the same time (Mazda 6). It was HUGE (I moved across country in this car alone--ok, to be fair, I mailed most of my stuff, but still!!). I moved from apartment to apartment to my home in this car. It got me through 8 great years that included cross-country moves, grad school and marriage. I never had any real issues with it. Other than regular maintenance, all I ever had to do was charge the A/C (I live in AZ) and replace the tires. I kept it garaged so I suppose that's how the exterior held up so well, but all in all, it was a fabulous car. I live in a small city with few highways and LOTS of slow drivers so I was truly through with the manual transmission, but otherwise, I'd always intended to drive this car to 10 years (or at least 100K miles!), mainly because I did overpay--who doesn't on their first car?-- I just couldn't do the stick anymore. I don't miss it because I love my new TL too. I considered a new Altima, but I just can't with the CVTs. I just want to say if you're in the market for a reliable start and go car that will run well and quietly, drive comfortably for 2 or 5 and hold 4 patio chaise lounges in the trunk (granted, they stuck out--just not more than 2' which would've required a flag), this is the car for you! Of course, make sure you get one with an owner who actually did some maintenance, otherwise it's really not the car's fault...."

2006 3.5

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I currently have a 2006 3.5 SE it's been on 4 1k road trips and not a mechancial problem currently @ 23000 mi, only 1 interior defect that's being fixed under warranty. Even with that I still think this is an overall great car!! As with any product there's always areas that could use improvement. On the other hand, If you are looking for a car that has amazing power, look no further. All I say is "duces" to those that step to my 3.5. I love the speed and still can fit the entire family in the car. "Priceless" I promise you won't be bored w/ the 3.5 it wants, needs and beg to be driven! Plus, it's extremely Cheap, not as cheap as a Sonota, but who wants that!"

Best Vehicle I;ve ever owned

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great Vehicle, and just keeps on going"

"I had this car for 3 years when a tractor trailer dragged it over 200 yards up the express way!!!! My daughter in law who was driving it at the time was lucky not got have gotten injured at all. However the entire drivers side of my car was totaled. I had everything repaired and I've been driving it since. It handles great, still gets great gas mileage, and I've also had low maintenance costs all these years. I love this car!!!!!"

love driving it........

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"fast,affordable economy car....not really fun to drive in winter....don't get me wrong but it runs okay in winter unlike SUV. haven't had any repair done except for breaks and oil changes."

Got car new and engine burned oil at 35,000 miles.

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros: "fair fuel economy, easy ride."

Cons: "engine reliability is poor. cheap looking interior, uncomfortable seats."

"Brought car new and after about 35,000 miles, the engine started using about a quart of oil every 8 days. Nissan reluctantly replaced the engine before the warranty expired. At 86,000 miles, the engine is again burning oil. Checking the net I see this problem goes back to 2003 for this particular model. Nissan refuses to stand by their product and repair/replace the engine. After paying this car off, I thought I'd be able drive this car way over 100,000 miles, but now I'm faced with having to buy another car, and it will NOT be a Nissan product!"

Really do your research before purchasing this car

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"The radio did not work when I drove it off the show room floor with 1.8 miles on the odometer. Nissan put in a refurbished radio even though they promised me it would be new. The sticker on the front of the radio, which I peeled off, stated that the radio may contain refurbished parts. It has had to be towed into the dealership three different times because it just won’t start. The car gets to the dealership, and miraculously everything is fine. I was told the fourth time that I called and it wouldn’t start that I have to let the car run for at least ten minutes before turning the car off. So if I have to move the car say five feet so as not to block the mailbox, I am supposed to let it run for ten minutes or more so that the engine doesn’t “think” it is flooded. Yes, this is what the Certified Nissan Service man told me. Surely, Nissan can make a more reliable product. I drove the car through an automatic carwash the first two months that I had the car, and a piece of the weather stripping came off. Because of the air dryers blowing the piece, it beat the back driver side door, and scratched it to the metal. Nissan replaced the molding, and told me to have the car waxed and buffed and the scratches would come out. WRONG!! They are down to the metal, and Nissan won’t fix it. I had to buy new tires at 21,000 miles, and recently had it in for a knocking sound that of course couldn’t be duplicated. The auto down feature on the window doesn’t work occasionally, but again, the dealership can’t duplicate the problem. Now I have 26,500 miles, and the car rattles and the steering wheel feels like it is about to fall off. I am VERY disappointed, and have thought seriously about trading it for another car…NOT A NISSAN! If I weren’t almost finished paying it off, and really looking forward to no car payment, I would be at a Toyota or Honda dealership now. Really look elsewhere before purchasing this vehicle."

Altima means Ultimate Car

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Saves gas, fun to drive, roomy, looks good, value"

Cons: "jumpy on stop and go traffic"

Looks New, Drives New, Keeps it youth, Red or black best color,

"Purchased in 2009, my '05 Altima @ 38000 miles. Great car. Just wonderful, powerful engine for a 4 cylinder. Saves gas!!! Great acceleration, good brakes. Shifts up & down flawless on Automatic Trims. I'm a big muscular build 6'2" 250 has a LOT OF LEG ROOM!!! Very comfortable ride, very powerful drive. Now @ 84000 miles drives just as good as the first day I drove it. Only one problem in 5 years Camshaft had to be replace, that's ALL!!! NO ISSUES after that, just normal wear, getting new brake pads, rotors, oil change. Fyi------Castrol GTX oil 4quarts w/ 1 bottle of Lucas Oil Stabilizer every oil change, real Improves Engine Performances, Cold Engine warms up faster, and Engine Oil last longer!! My Best Personal Review."

Looks New, Drives New, Keeps it youth, Red or black best color,

wishy-washy, please read

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"it's hard for me to answer the question about recommending this car to a friend. this would be my advice to a friend. If you want beauty, this is the car. amazing beautiful styling, seats feel more luxury sedan than family ride, ya know? interior is the kind that is classically beautiful, the kind that never goes out of style. Come on, a BOSE sound system? The sound is awesone!!! Exterior also has beautful design with sleek but subtle curves. Or, if it's performance you want, this is the car. My boyfriend with his HEMI-ONLY attitude and who literally scoffs out loud at the mention of a 4-cylinder LOVED driving this car. For a large-capacity family sedan (I don't care what you say, this IS the catergory this car falls in!), this car can dust some "sports cars." Safety? For the value? Excellent! BUT! If you are looking for a long-term investement? STAY AWAY!! I would NOT recommend having this car past 90,000 miles. That was the point where my experience with the 2002 Nissan Altima SL was officially over-the-hill, and once it's going downhill there's no saving it. Even with regular on-time maitenance, with the best products!!!!!!! It's almost like dating someone with a beautiful face...but ugly teeth:("

Excellent car!!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliable!"

"A very good car, super reliable . Have driven it for more than 125000 miles and still runs perfect, no issues found so far with regular maintains."

My 2nd car

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, 260 HP, great looking inside and out"

Cons: "MPG, driving on snow,"

"This car is sweet when i first owned it and still is. But i wish it would get more MPG. Overall a good car to own if you want a family car with a accent of a sports car. Injoy!"