2004 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1233 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Car is a beast

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Good storage, reliable, great engine compartment"

Cons: "No rear vents, heating could be better"

"I bought this car on my very own when I turned 19 and it was the best investment I could of made. The car has been nothing but reliable and trustworthy. I have yet to have a problem with it and it is far from a lemon. Very attractive car, good looking inside and out and people mistake it for a newer car all the time. Comfortable and convenient with good storage. I live in Montana and live in very harsh weather conditions and it has done nothing but keep me safe, handles the snow very well and the driving dynamics are great very good to drive in the snow. Overall this car is a beast and I'm so glad I bought it would recommend to anybody!"

Very dependable and good gas mileage

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage great"

Cons: "no air vents in the backseat a must in Texas."

"This was one of the best cars I have owned. It is roomy inside, handles well and gets good gas mileage. The only down side was the air vents were always blowing in my face and the back seat didn't have air vents. Otherwise this is a great car."

gret car

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "dont know"

"most reliable car ive owned by far"

Very reliable car!

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"Very confortable, good size,good gas. I love my car!! I will be buying a new car soon and I am sure I will miss my Altima!"

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Crank shaft"

"I bought my 2005 altima brand new, the only problem I had was the crank shaft other than that the car has great mpg, love the space, and very reliable"

Very Good car.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good price. runs strong. No issues"

"This has been a great car. Good on gas. Love the ext. look, very sporty."

Car drive good only needs head gasket

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

"Car drive good only needs head gasket other then that it's good"

Engine failure

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Reason: wreaked-totaled

Pros: "Ride, confort, value (if you don't have engine iss"

Cons: "2.5 ENGINE"

"I purchased my '02 Altima in October of '12 with 164k miles on it. It had the "Check Engine" light on and the dealer (broker) assured me his mechanic checked the car and it was 100% good. I put less than 1k miles on it (I drive 100 miles round trip to work a day) and started having engine troubles. In less than 1k miles the engine started making knocking noise. I took it back to my mechanic who had performed all standard the services (oil change, air filter, radiator flush, etc.) on it when I bought the car. It was found to be out, not low, but out of oil. No leaks were found and it was not smoking. I know it had oil in it, because when I picked it up after the service, the mechanic was topping off the oil. They filled it with oil and I started checking it every day. All seemed good for a week. Then the engine starting running terrible and smoking. I drove back to the mechanic and once again it was out of oil. It was determined at that point the engine needed replacing. My mechanic contacted Nissan and was told my car had too many miles to be covered by them. As it turns out this is not an unusual event with this engine. Somehow catalyst from the catalytic converter was sucked back into the engine, again apparently this happens often. I am looking to buy another car, since I really like the Altima, I contacted Nissan regarding the engine issue. They responded that there are no re-calls in effect for the car. I have heard (now) of others having engine issues and some, Nissan has changed the engine at no cost to the owner (not my case-$3000, used engine). It disturbs me that this issue is wide spread and Nissan says nothing about it unless you have the engine failure."

I LOVE IT!!!!

By on Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pros: "easy to drive and great price"

Cons: "their is none"

"I just got this car about 2 months ago and I love it. It is safe for my 5 year old and she loves it just as much as I do. It is just the right car for us and I want to tell everybody out their you do not have to drive a minivan to be a soccer mom."

Love Love Love my 2002 nissan altima

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, huge gas tank, great mpg"

Cons: "cheap door handles break"

"I have a 2002 Nissan Altima that I absolutely love. I have had it for a few years and been in a few wrecks (I'm a terrible driver) and this car has help up sooo well! I will say that i have had a couple of problems with the altinator, but considering that I have 177,000 miles on it, I cant complain about minor problems such as that. I am actually going to get a newer Altima next :) Would definitely recommend it!"

Almost 7 years and going strong!

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, value, dependable, big trunk & gas tank."

Cons: "Only 21 mpg."

"I bought my Altima in Nov 2006, got a fantastic deal ($2,000 cash back) since I bought it near year end and accepted what they had left on the lot. I mainly used it to go 6 miles back and forth to work with longer trips every other weekend. I've always averaged 21 mpg, a little better with all highway driving. I love the 20 gal gas tank and the roominess of the car, both length and width. Unfortunately, NYC is not a good place to keep a car's body unblemished ....... between parallel parking bumper dents/scratches, narrow parking lot spaces fostering scratched/dented doors and winter potholes, the body looks as if it's been through the mill. I still love "my baby" though! When I move out of NYC and save up enough cash for a new Altima, I'll trade in my low mileage baby for a new one and get another year end bargain."

Love My Nissan!!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"I've had my Nissan Altima since 2006. Bought it straight from the lot in SoCal. She's traveled with me from Cali to Chicago, Virginia Beach, and now to Dallas. Only thing I've had to replace so far is her fuel pump. She's very reliable and I'm always recommending Nissan to friends and family because they last. Nissans operate off a timing chain instead of a belt. The chain can last up to 300,000 miles or more, depending on how well you keep your services up to date."

great car till engine threw a rod a 115000 miles

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

"loved the car, bought it to get my freshman daughter thru college 2 1/2 hours away. Wanted a good size dependable car and thought I found it. Come to find out the 2.5 engine has a history of throwing a rod. we had just had the oil changed and oil level was where it should be. I still like the car. Had another engine put in it(and used 2.5 engines are not cheap) just hope this one gets my daughter thru college."

Good reliable economic car

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

"ANOYING DRONE FROM REAR OF VEHICLE WHILE DRIVING."

Ride, handling great. Body rusting away.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Good handling, ride and design."

Cons: "Body is disintegrating with rust."

"This car rides and handles like the day I bought it (new). It had a couple new car issues such as; cv axle replace due to a torn boot, and reclined drivers seat would not return home. These items replaced under the warranty. The leather interior is high quality and looks very close to new yet. No drive train or engine leaks or issues. Cons: The trunk lid supports are too weak to hold the trunk open if you have a spoiler. Major design flaw..I have had the trunk lid hit me in the head several times when the wind catches it. The car body has the most rust of any car I have ever owned. Passengers floor board 12" rust hole repaired. The rear wheel wells are rusting all the way around and nearly rusted though."

best bang for your uck

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "excellent MPG"

Cons: "no cigarrett lighter"

"This car is very reliable and i've maintained it over the years. The MPG is also great when thinking about traveling or even just running local erands!"

My first "adult" car and a GREAT choice!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason: Over the manual

Pros: "price, fun to drive, roomy, comfortable interior"

Cons: "No a/c in the back seat"

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it at 21, one year out of undergrad wanting something reliable as I'd had a few beaters fail on me. Three words: Best Purchase EVER!!! I am so glad I bought this car and not another mid-size car that I was considering at the same time (Mazda 6). It was HUGE (I moved across country in this car alone--ok, to be fair, I mailed most of my stuff, but still!!). I moved from apartment to apartment to my home in this car. It got me through 8 great years that included cross-country moves, grad school and marriage. I never had any real issues with it. Other than regular maintenance, all I ever had to do was charge the A/C (I live in AZ) and replace the tires. I kept it garaged so I suppose that's how the exterior held up so well, but all in all, it was a fabulous car. I live in a small city with few highways and LOTS of slow drivers so I was truly through with the manual transmission, but otherwise, I'd always intended to drive this car to 10 years (or at least 100K miles!), mainly because I did overpay--who doesn't on their first car?-- I just couldn't do the stick anymore. I don't miss it because I love my new TL too. I considered a new Altima, but I just can't with the CVTs. I just want to say if you're in the market for a reliable start and go car that will run well and quietly, drive comfortably for 2 or 5 and hold 4 patio chaise lounges in the trunk (granted, they stuck out--just not more than 2' which would've required a flag), this is the car for you! Of course, make sure you get one with an owner who actually did some maintenance, otherwise it's really not the car's fault...."

Unstoppable. Over 200,000 miles and still going.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "dependability, power, & comfort. 26 avg mpg"

Cons: "a little road noise, but not much."

"The 3.5 6 cyl engine makes the difference. What a great car!"

the best car i have had yet!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "doesnt have an mp3 plug"

"i love my leather seats, also the seats are almost the size of chairs very comfortable!! the sunroof is cool. and it has a bose system and a 5 dise cd player, the truck has an awesome amount of space. it is a great car to travel in< the gas mileage is great, i can go 350 miles on a full tank of gas!But i would have to say my favorite thing about my car would have to be the engine. it runs so smooth, and you will never be the last person to get anywere. this car is ready to go!!!"

AWESOME BUY BUY BUY BUY

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "POWERFUL NO ISSUES BEAUTIFUL FRONT INTERIOR"

Cons: "NONE"

"This car gives the only finest quality of transportation to be seen on this road. It is very reliable, safe, and has never had a major repair unless i got my back bumper knocked off. When the Nissan company recalled the Altima. It was one of the only cars that didn't get recalled."

Going to be a favorite

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Passing Power, Mileage"

Cons: "With preventative maintenence- nothing really..."

"03 altima S 4dr auto. I bought this car a month ago from someone who didn't really take care of it unfortunately. There was some front end damage from a deer and it wasn't put back together very well. This led to me spending about 500 dollars for throttle body, TPS and some other parts when it just ended up being wiring. Even with all of this I love this car so far. Its the most comfortable non-luxury car ive driven or ridden in, its pretty simple as far as repairs (that dont involve the ECU) and has nice passing power. I dont beat on the car but I am late for work sometimes if you know what i mean. The lowest avg mpg ive seen is 24.2 mpg the highest i've seen (with premium gas) was 34.2 MPG... I dont know how accurate the MPG on the dash is but seems close to me. I like taking road trips and I have a feeling this summer this car is going to grow on me. Downside- the guy who owned it before me... And there are a few problems that 02-04 are notorious for. One is a recall that has to do with fuel mixture which i got fixed. The Power valve screws sometimes get loose and get sucked into the engine where they smash up the walls your pistons ride in. The screen closest to the engine on the cat sometimes burns up. ALL OF THESE ARE PREVENTABLE. I hate to end it on that note but if i had this car since it was new i feel it would make it 350k mi easy. LOVE THIS CAR!"

Nothing Compares!

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Horrible turn radius"

"The Bose Premium Sound System is incredible. I love the electric blue color because my car is easy to see in heavy traffic and/or at night. It's comfortable, drives well (with the exception of the turn radius - that stinks) and is without a doubt the best car I've ever owned! I'm looking at the new Nissan Altimas and none compare to my car. It's sad because to purchase a new Altima is downgrading from the 2003 I own now."

unbelievable find

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "4 door silver not a scratch everything works perfe"

Cons: "no auto headlights no leather seats"

"I just bought this car from my motherinlaw who went into assisted living shes almost 90 we took the car into car max they are giving 8500.00 i bought it instead its perfect i drive it all the time i only have it 2 months but i would sell it or trade it for something sharper this car has 33000 miles on it really!!!"

Excellent car!!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliable!"

"A very good car, super reliable . Have driven it for more than 125000 miles and still runs perfect, no issues found so far with regular maintains."

MY FAVORITE!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "everything is a pro!"

Cons: "no cons"

"the Nissan Altima is an amazing car, ive had two nissans before. ive had a sentra and the Altima blows it out of the water. it my favorite car. it drives smooth. the bose system is great! it is a fantastic machine!"