2004 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1247 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

My first "adult" car and a GREAT choice!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason: Over the manual

Pros: "price, fun to drive, roomy, comfortable interior"

Cons: "No a/c in the back seat"

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it at 21, one year out of undergrad wanting something reliable as I'd had a few beaters fail on me. Three words: Best Purchase EVER!!! I am so glad I bought this car and not another mid-size car that I was considering at the same time (Mazda 6). It was HUGE (I moved across country in this car alone--ok, to be fair, I mailed most of my stuff, but still!!). I moved from apartment to apartment to my home in this car. It got me through 8 great years that included cross-country moves, grad school and marriage. I never had any real issues with it. Other than regular maintenance, all I ever had to do was charge the A/C (I live in AZ) and replace the tires. I kept it garaged so I suppose that's how the exterior held up so well, but all in all, it was a fabulous car. I live in a small city with few highways and LOTS of slow drivers so I was truly through with the manual transmission, but otherwise, I'd always intended to drive this car to 10 years (or at least 100K miles!), mainly because I did overpay--who doesn't on their first car?-- I just couldn't do the stick anymore. I don't miss it because I love my new TL too. I considered a new Altima, but I just can't with the CVTs. I just want to say if you're in the market for a reliable start and go car that will run well and quietly, drive comfortably for 2 or 5 and hold 4 patio chaise lounges in the trunk (granted, they stuck out--just not more than 2' which would've required a flag), this is the car for you! Of course, make sure you get one with an owner who actually did some maintenance, otherwise it's really not the car's fault...."

2006 3.5

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I currently have a 2006 3.5 SE it's been on 4 1k road trips and not a mechancial problem currently @ 23000 mi, only 1 interior defect that's being fixed under warranty. Even with that I still think this is an overall great car!! As with any product there's always areas that could use improvement. On the other hand, If you are looking for a car that has amazing power, look no further. All I say is "duces" to those that step to my 3.5. I love the speed and still can fit the entire family in the car. "Priceless" I promise you won't be bored w/ the 3.5 it wants, needs and beg to be driven! Plus, it's extremely Cheap, not as cheap as a Sonota, but who wants that!"

Best Vehicle I;ve ever owned

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great Vehicle, and just keeps on going"

"I had this car for 3 years when a tractor trailer dragged it over 200 yards up the express way!!!! My daughter in law who was driving it at the time was lucky not got have gotten injured at all. However the entire drivers side of my car was totaled. I had everything repaired and I've been driving it since. It handles great, still gets great gas mileage, and I've also had low maintenance costs all these years. I love this car!!!!!"

love driving it........

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"fast,affordable economy car....not really fun to drive in winter....don't get me wrong but it runs okay in winter unlike SUV. haven't had any repair done except for breaks and oil changes."

Got car new and engine burned oil at 35,000 miles.

By on Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pros: "fair fuel economy, easy ride."

Cons: "engine reliability is poor. cheap looking interior, uncomfortable seats."

"Brought car new and after about 35,000 miles, the engine started using about a quart of oil every 8 days. Nissan reluctantly replaced the engine before the warranty expired. At 86,000 miles, the engine is again burning oil. Checking the net I see this problem goes back to 2003 for this particular model. Nissan refuses to stand by their product and repair/replace the engine. After paying this car off, I thought I'd be able drive this car way over 100,000 miles, but now I'm faced with having to buy another car, and it will NOT be a Nissan product!"