2003 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1254 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

My first "adult" car and a GREAT choice!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason: Over the manual

Pros: "price, fun to drive, roomy, comfortable interior"

Cons: "No a/c in the back seat"

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it at 21, one year out of undergrad wanting something reliable as I'd had a few beaters fail on me. Three words: Best Purchase EVER!!! I am so glad I bought this car and not another mid-size car that I was considering at the same time (Mazda 6). It was HUGE (I moved across country in this car alone--ok, to be fair, I mailed most of my stuff, but still!!). I moved from apartment to apartment to my home in this car. It got me through 8 great years that included cross-country moves, grad school and marriage. I never had any real issues with it. Other than regular maintenance, all I ever had to do was charge the A/C (I live in AZ) and replace the tires. I kept it garaged so I suppose that's how the exterior held up so well, but all in all, it was a fabulous car. I live in a small city with few highways and LOTS of slow drivers so I was truly through with the manual transmission, but otherwise, I'd always intended to drive this car to 10 years (or at least 100K miles!), mainly because I did overpay--who doesn't on their first car?-- I just couldn't do the stick anymore. I don't miss it because I love my new TL too. I considered a new Altima, but I just can't with the CVTs. I just want to say if you're in the market for a reliable start and go car that will run well and quietly, drive comfortably for 2 or 5 and hold 4 patio chaise lounges in the trunk (granted, they stuck out--just not more than 2' which would've required a flag), this is the car for you! Of course, make sure you get one with an owner who actually did some maintenance, otherwise it's really not the car's fault...."

2006 3.5

By on Thursday, August 09, 2007

"I currently have a 2006 3.5 SE it's been on 4 1k road trips and not a mechancial problem currently @ 23000 mi, only 1 interior defect that's being fixed under warranty. Even with that I still think this is an overall great car!! As with any product there's always areas that could use improvement. On the other hand, If you are looking for a car that has amazing power, look no further. All I say is "duces" to those that step to my 3.5. I love the speed and still can fit the entire family in the car. "Priceless" I promise you won't be bored w/ the 3.5 it wants, needs and beg to be driven! Plus, it's extremely Cheap, not as cheap as a Sonota, but who wants that!"

Best Vehicle I;ve ever owned

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great Vehicle, and just keeps on going"

"I had this car for 3 years when a tractor trailer dragged it over 200 yards up the express way!!!! My daughter in law who was driving it at the time was lucky not got have gotten injured at all. However the entire drivers side of my car was totaled. I had everything repaired and I've been driving it since. It handles great, still gets great gas mileage, and I've also had low maintenance costs all these years. I love this car!!!!!"

Really do your research before purchasing this car

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"The radio did not work when I drove it off the show room floor with 1.8 miles on the odometer. Nissan put in a refurbished radio even though they promised me it would be new. The sticker on the front of the radio, which I peeled off, stated that the radio may contain refurbished parts. It has had to be towed into the dealership three different times because it just won’t start. The car gets to the dealership, and miraculously everything is fine. I was told the fourth time that I called and it wouldn’t start that I have to let the car run for at least ten minutes before turning the car off. So if I have to move the car say five feet so as not to block the mailbox, I am supposed to let it run for ten minutes or more so that the engine doesn’t “think” it is flooded. Yes, this is what the Certified Nissan Service man told me. Surely, Nissan can make a more reliable product. I drove the car through an automatic carwash the first two months that I had the car, and a piece of the weather stripping came off. Because of the air dryers blowing the piece, it beat the back driver side door, and scratched it to the metal. Nissan replaced the molding, and told me to have the car waxed and buffed and the scratches would come out. WRONG!! They are down to the metal, and Nissan won’t fix it. I had to buy new tires at 21,000 miles, and recently had it in for a knocking sound that of course couldn’t be duplicated. The auto down feature on the window doesn’t work occasionally, but again, the dealership can’t duplicate the problem. Now I have 26,500 miles, and the car rattles and the steering wheel feels like it is about to fall off. I am VERY disappointed, and have thought seriously about trading it for another car…NOT A NISSAN! If I weren’t almost finished paying it off, and really looking forward to no car payment, I would be at a Toyota or Honda dealership now. Really look elsewhere before purchasing this vehicle."

Excellent car!!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliable!"

"A very good car, super reliable . Have driven it for more than 125000 miles and still runs perfect, no issues found so far with regular maintains."