2003 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1261 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

My first "adult" car and a GREAT choice!

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reason: Over the manual

Pros: "price, fun to drive, roomy, comfortable interior"

Cons: "No a/c in the back seat"

"I bought this car with 5 miles on it at 21, one year out of undergrad wanting something reliable as I'd had a few beaters fail on me. Three words: Best Purchase EVER!!! I am so glad I bought this car and not another mid-size car that I was considering at the same time (Mazda 6). It was HUGE (I moved across country in this car alone--ok, to be fair, I mailed most of my stuff, but still!!). I moved from apartment to apartment to my home in this car. It got me through 8 great years that included cross-country moves, grad school and marriage. I never had any real issues with it. Other than regular maintenance, all I ever had to do was charge the A/C (I live in AZ) and replace the tires. I kept it garaged so I suppose that's how the exterior held up so well, but all in all, it was a fabulous car. I live in a small city with few highways and LOTS of slow drivers so I was truly through with the manual transmission, but otherwise, I'd always intended to drive this car to 10 years (or at least 100K miles!), mainly because I did overpay--who doesn't on their first car?-- I just couldn't do the stick anymore. I don't miss it because I love my new TL too. I considered a new Altima, but I just can't with the CVTs. I just want to say if you're in the market for a reliable start and go car that will run well and quietly, drive comfortably for 2 or 5 and hold 4 patio chaise lounges in the trunk (granted, they stuck out--just not more than 2' which would've required a flag), this is the car for you! Of course, make sure you get one with an owner who actually did some maintenance, otherwise it's really not the car's fault...."

Best Vehicle I;ve ever owned

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Great Vehicle, and just keeps on going"

"I had this car for 3 years when a tractor trailer dragged it over 200 yards up the express way!!!! My daughter in law who was driving it at the time was lucky not got have gotten injured at all. However the entire drivers side of my car was totaled. I had everything repaired and I've been driving it since. It handles great, still gets great gas mileage, and I've also had low maintenance costs all these years. I love this car!!!!!"

My 2nd car

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, 260 HP, great looking inside and out"

Cons: "MPG, driving on snow,"

"This car is sweet when i first owned it and still is. But i wish it would get more MPG. Overall a good car to own if you want a family car with a accent of a sports car. Injoy!"

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND THIS CAR!

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "Great price, DEPENDABLE, low maintenance costs"

"I've owned this car for 6 years, after buying it in 2005 at two years old. I never had a major problem with it, only had to maintain it. Drove it in the mountains, across country, and in town. I am only getting rid of it now because I'm leaving the country for two years, and when I return, I plan on buying a Nissan truck."

A Good Used Car

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"When I was first looking for a used car, I was out for an 02-03 Maxima, but they were a little too high-priced. I began to look at Accord (for its sportiness compared to Camry), but still wasn't sure. Thus, I came to Altima. All I knew was that it came with a stupendous V6 or a decent I4. 30,000 miles and a year and a half later, I'm still very pleased that I picked this over Accord. Mechanical reliability is the only nitpick I have, as the mass air flow sensor failed at about 60,300 miles (talk about back luck). Other than that, the car is quite reliable and a joy to drive. Handling is above-par, even without the sport suspension. The interior never won any awards, as cheap plastic is overly abundant in the car. However, the styling is spot on. This is NOT your parents' Camry or Accord. Acceleration is above average for a 4-cylinder midsize sedan, and there is plenty of room (in the front, in the back, and the trunk). The standard audio system is even impressive and easy to use. Bass is strong, the midrange isn't muddy and treble tones are very crisp. Most importantly, mileage is phenomenal. I have averaged 28.2 mi/gal since March driving roughly 20/80 city/highway. Drive lightly enough and you may make 550 miles on a tank of gas...the best I did was 562 miles on 18 gallons. Overall, Altima makes a good used car. Decent value for the money."