2002 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1222 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Outstanding Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, easy to drive, GREAT for storage."

Cons: "Poor turning radius, special order tires."

"I have owned this car for 4 years after my mother owned it for 9. This car is extremely reliable, gets good gas milage (even at 10 years old!) and is spacious. The repairs, when needed, are always reasonable because the necessary parts are common and usually in stock. The only downside to maintenance is that the tires are special order and can get expensive. The driving of the vehicle is smooth, and the control is not touchy like a Jeep, so car control is easy. One downside is turning radius - don't expect to be able to bust out U-Turns on a dime. The trunk is EXTREMELY SPACIOUS!!! All in all this has been an outstanding vehicle and I would buy it again!"

Original owner excellent service record.

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

"Great car very comfortable, excellent response when accelerating. Used for business, predominantly highway miles, not a lot of stop and go traffic. Service records provided upon request."

2003 Altima 2.5 SL w/sunroof & fog lights

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, comfort, even older cars look good"

Cons: "hole in floor"

"I have enjoyed this car so much that I will buy this car again. Very dependable. Great gas mileage. Comfortable both in town and highway driving. If Nissan had more exterior colors to chose from, I would have bought another Altima 2.5 SL already; but their colors for the newer years are just common colors that every car comes in. This car also has a much smoother ride than the cars that are 12 years newer. A true luxury ride. The one thing that surprised me was that something happened to the floor on the front passenger side of the car. It's small (maybe 5" X 7"). I was told it rusted away or something, but there was nothing wrong with the rest of the floor of the car. That was my ONLY disappointment in this car, and I have had this car for 12 years."

Great ride, handled really well

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, V-6 is great"

Cons: "More power outlets"

"Looked for two months for the car I wanted. Saw this car and it had all the options I wanted. Driven it for two years and it is still a great car."

Most reliable vehicle I have owned!

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

"I have had my Nissan Altima for 3+ years. It currently has 187,000 miles. I have NEVER had one issue with anything mechanically within the time that I have owned the vehicle."

PERFECT FIRST CAR. HAS EVERYTHING I NEED

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to handle, maintenance is cheap"

Cons: "paint chips front bumper"

"I bought my 2005 Altima 2.5S with the SL package at 95,000 miles. It was love at first sight. I had previously owned a 2000 Nissan Altima, which had been totaled in an accident. I went back to the same dealership and bout my 05. I absolutely love my car. I keep it clean, and Im on it with the maintenance. GO NISSAN!!!!!"

Comfort and reliability of Nissan are unparalleled

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a great valued car"

Cons: "No Bluetooth"

"I have had two Nissan Maxima's before my Altima. I love all of them. They are the most comfortable and reliable cars. I kept up with all manufacture required maintainance recommendations and never had any problem with the car. I love my beautiful car. I decided to buy a hybrid car because of the high price of gas."

This car runs great.

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

"I have the paper work to show the car has a new Transmission, new cadlatic concerter, new heater and air conditioner. Plays both AM-FM, and a CD player. Black tented windows and the car is raring to go. I have all the paper work to prove the work done on the car."

I love this car!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Great gas milage, fun to drive, great in snow"

Cons: "'01 - '03 has known engine issues"

"This car is SO much fun that I actually hunt out roads with curves to drive! The reason I gave it a 6 out of 10 overall rating is due to the poor engine design for that year. It's got 134,000 miles & needs a new catalytic converter. The first (apparently it has 2) converter was put too close to the manifold & the heat breaks down the ceramic inside the converter. I had 2 mechanics (1 works for a Nissan dealership) tell me that pieces of the broken down ceramic gets sucked into the engine causing ring damage & causes it to burn oil. For now, I still have 3 yrs until I can look at a new vehicle. Meantime, I'm going to baby this great driving fun machine until I can get a newer one."

Good car, lots of pep.

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

"Pasaenger side seat hard to get in and out of for older or less agile people. Had trouble in the beginning with electrical system, windows had a mind of their own and went down after it was parked. Seems to be corrected now. Lots of pep, slight rattle near front wheel cannot find source. Overall its been a good dependable car, rides nice. I would definately buy another Nissan"