2002 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1246 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Really do your research before purchasing this car

By on Sunday, November 11, 2007

"The radio did not work when I drove it off the show room floor with 1.8 miles on the odometer. Nissan put in a refurbished radio even though they promised me it would be new. The sticker on the front of the radio, which I peeled off, stated that the radio may contain refurbished parts. It has had to be towed into the dealership three different times because it just won’t start. The car gets to the dealership, and miraculously everything is fine. I was told the fourth time that I called and it wouldn’t start that I have to let the car run for at least ten minutes before turning the car off. So if I have to move the car say five feet so as not to block the mailbox, I am supposed to let it run for ten minutes or more so that the engine doesn’t “think” it is flooded. Yes, this is what the Certified Nissan Service man told me. Surely, Nissan can make a more reliable product. I drove the car through an automatic carwash the first two months that I had the car, and a piece of the weather stripping came off. Because of the air dryers blowing the piece, it beat the back driver side door, and scratched it to the metal. Nissan replaced the molding, and told me to have the car waxed and buffed and the scratches would come out. WRONG!! They are down to the metal, and Nissan won’t fix it. I had to buy new tires at 21,000 miles, and recently had it in for a knocking sound that of course couldn’t be duplicated. The auto down feature on the window doesn’t work occasionally, but again, the dealership can’t duplicate the problem. Now I have 26,500 miles, and the car rattles and the steering wheel feels like it is about to fall off. I am VERY disappointed, and have thought seriously about trading it for another car…NOT A NISSAN! If I weren’t almost finished paying it off, and really looking forward to no car payment, I would be at a Toyota or Honda dealership now. Really look elsewhere before purchasing this vehicle."

I love Altimas this was my first car

By on Tuesday, April 07, 2015

"This car is still in very good condition I recommend it to anyone looking for a car without a car note."

Altima means Ultimate Car

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "Saves gas, fun to drive, roomy, looks good, value"

Cons: "jumpy on stop and go traffic"

Looks New, Drives New, Keeps it youth, Red or black best color,

"Purchased in 2009, my '05 Altima @ 38000 miles. Great car. Just wonderful, powerful engine for a 4 cylinder. Saves gas!!! Great acceleration, good brakes. Shifts up & down flawless on Automatic Trims. I'm a big muscular build 6'2" 250 has a LOT OF LEG ROOM!!! Very comfortable ride, very powerful drive. Now @ 84000 miles drives just as good as the first day I drove it. Only one problem in 5 years Camshaft had to be replace, that's ALL!!! NO ISSUES after that, just normal wear, getting new brake pads, rotors, oil change. Fyi------Castrol GTX oil 4quarts w/ 1 bottle of Lucas Oil Stabilizer every oil change, real Improves Engine Performances, Cold Engine warms up faster, and Engine Oil last longer!! My Best Personal Review."

Looks New, Drives New, Keeps it youth, Red or black best color,

wishy-washy, please read

By on Friday, August 21, 2009

"it's hard for me to answer the question about recommending this car to a friend. this would be my advice to a friend. If you want beauty, this is the car. amazing beautiful styling, seats feel more luxury sedan than family ride, ya know? interior is the kind that is classically beautiful, the kind that never goes out of style. Come on, a BOSE sound system? The sound is awesone!!! Exterior also has beautful design with sleek but subtle curves. Or, if it's performance you want, this is the car. My boyfriend with his HEMI-ONLY attitude and who literally scoffs out loud at the mention of a 4-cylinder LOVED driving this car. For a large-capacity family sedan (I don't care what you say, this IS the catergory this car falls in!), this car can dust some "sports cars." Safety? For the value? Excellent! BUT! If you are looking for a long-term investement? STAY AWAY!! I would NOT recommend having this car past 90,000 miles. That was the point where my experience with the 2002 Nissan Altima SL was officially over-the-hill, and once it's going downhill there's no saving it. Even with regular on-time maitenance, with the best products!!!!!!! It's almost like dating someone with a beautiful face...but ugly teeth:("

Excellent car!!

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Gas saver, reliable!"

"A very good car, super reliable . Have driven it for more than 125000 miles and still runs perfect, no issues found so far with regular maintains."