2002 Nissan Altima

8.4

Based on 1247 Ratings for the 2002 - 2006 models.

Excellent vehicle overall

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Great car for the money, spacious for 4 adults."

Cons: "Style is dated, but its 8 years old"

"8 years old with no problems. Could use shocks, but that is a regular wear item like brakes and tires. Gas mileage averages 22-25 on my 40 mile round trip commute of mixed city and highway driving. Max on the hwy is 29/30 MPG. Good power for a four cylinder engine."

A great car

By on Wednesday, February 08, 2012

"This car is very fun to drive only issue it has is the torque steer but other than that I love this car. has been a reliable car for me and my family"

Superb Car

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Price, Space, features"

Cons: "A bit long in size,"

"Nice Car. Not Costly, not cheap. Excellent interior Space. No Major issues. Can run upto 250K I think."

Purchased

By on Friday, June 26, 2009

"I bought this car with high hopes that it would be of god quality and last for a while. It has lived up to both. This car is my families main work horse; we drive it everywhere. I have 99,000 miles on it and the only problem I've encountered was getting some bad gas which was remedied with some fuel treatment. Hands down, I got more than I would ever imagined from this vehicle."

Very nice sports sedan

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2007

"I bought the car in June 2005. I paid $21500 for a 2005 3.5SE brand new in MA. I have 44K miles on the car. I have replace 2 tires on the car at 40k. The other two should be good for another 10k. The car is very powerful. The only thing I have to complain about are that the fron and passenger seats are not comfortable. maybe if they were leather they wouldbe better. Currently, my driver's side seat squicks a little bit for some reason. I have only done oil changes. I have been seeing 23 mpg in the city and 27-29 mpg on highway. I have 26.5 mpg with 60% highway and 40% city driving. This car has actually been better on gas then some 4-cycle cars I have driven. I have noticed that premium fuel has given me better performance and better gas mileage. i reccomend people using premium. It will make the engine happier and in the long run in prevents mainentance costs."

everyone should own one

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"i have had 3 nissan car in the last 20 years..they are the best qualtiy cars you can get for them money ..the first one had 300,000 miles on it when i traded it in..the other two i still have one has 200,000 miles on it and the only 38,000 so you figure the new one will last me another 15 years..great cars..wouldn't buy anything else"

nice dependable

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "engine mount."

"I love this car. It is extremly reliable. The only problem i had was had to replace two engine mounts which was a recall item. My car has 130,000 miles on it and I have put in about 3500 worth of repairs since I bought it. Luckily it doesnt have the problem with the timing belt which has to be replaced ever 100,000 miles. I thought the mechanic was lying, but turns out its true. Very reliable and not bumpy like the accord."

I got excellent service from my Altima

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "wonderful to drive"

"Performance was awesome. Loved my car!"

Comfort and reliability of Nissan are unparalleled

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Great price for a great valued car"

Cons: "No Bluetooth"

"I have had two Nissan Maxima's before my Altima. I love all of them. They are the most comfortable and reliable cars. I kept up with all manufacture required maintainance recommendations and never had any problem with the car. I love my beautiful car. I decided to buy a hybrid car because of the high price of gas."

Great Sports Car

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Fast. Fun to Drive, Affordable, Roomy Interior"

Cons: "Noisy and stiff ride, prone to tire/wheel problems"

"Purchased the car used with approx. 60k miles and it currently has 125k and i have owned the car for 5 years. As a lover of sports cars i have really enjoyed owning this vehicle. Has great acceleration and is still a practical car. Car isn't the best in snow, but for a sports car its not too bad. Not the best mpg and the ride is a little stiff and noisy and when you hit bumps it really resonates in the car. Sometimes hitting bumps will give a sound of rattling plastic that seems kind of cheap. Low profile tires are also vulnerable to flats and dented rims which I've had a problem with here in NJ. The problems I've had with the car are minor and have never needed any expensive repairs throughout ownership compared to my last car, '98 Audi A4, which required maintenance pretty frequently always costing at least 1,000 and often more. All in all, the Altima SE-R has been good to me and I would definitely purchase it again and recommend it to others."

Except for exterior paint, good car.

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Good trunk storage & sound system."

Cons: "Center console difficult to clean..."

"Exterior paint has pitted on the front of the car. I paid extra for Armour guard, and I do not tailgate, so this is an annoying disappointment every time I look at the car. Other than that, I still enjoy the comfort, design & reliability of the Altima."

Excellent car

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Crank shaft"

"I bought my 2005 altima brand new, the only problem I had was the crank shaft other than that the car has great mpg, love the space, and very reliable"

the best car i have had yet!

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive!!!!"

Cons: "doesnt have an mp3 plug"

"i love my leather seats, also the seats are almost the size of chairs very comfortable!! the sunroof is cool. and it has a bose system and a 5 dise cd player, the truck has an awesome amount of space. it is a great car to travel in< the gas mileage is great, i can go 350 miles on a full tank of gas!But i would have to say my favorite thing about my car would have to be the engine. it runs so smooth, and you will never be the last person to get anywere. this car is ready to go!!!"

MY FAVORITE!

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pros: "everything is a pro!"

Cons: "no cons"

"the Nissan Altima is an amazing car, ive had two nissans before. ive had a sentra and the Altima blows it out of the water. it my favorite car. it drives smooth. the bose system is great! it is a fantastic machine!"

Altima - Excellent Choice for the long haul

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "Economy, interior room, dependability."

Cons: "Some interior points are kind of "Cheap""

"And what I mean by long haul that is if you plan to pay out the note. You can expect little problem in owning this car. In nearly 100,000 regularly driven miles the Altima has only had thwo "not our fault" issues. They were a minor interior issue, and the cam/drive-line sensor issue. So with the exception of tires, brakes, and batteries this car has not ever left us stranded. Another nice thing, you can still get a brand new same level Altima for nearly the same price we paid back in 2005."

I would get another Altima

By on Monday, July 30, 2012

Pros: "Nice to drive, great body style."

"I bought it with 12,000 miles on it. It has been a great car and very reliable. It has 135,0000 miles on it now. I've had to put some money into the car for repairs in the past 2 years for different things. I've kept up the maintenance since I've bought it. I would get another one."

A safe car that can be quite fast.

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, very fast for a sedan, VERY SAFE!"

Cons: "only gets 26-27 mpg on highway."

"I was gifted this car from my father when I turned 16. Granted that we had this car for six years, but it was now personally mine. I drove 25 miles to school and 25 miles back every monday to friday. I got the car when it had 70,000 miles on it. In two years, I put on 21,000 miles on the car. That puts a lot of strain on the engine, especially when I drive 75-80 to school. Eventually, right in front of my school. I got in a wreck. The person turned left onto the road while I was going straight at 50 mph, suffice to say, the car is now totaled. However, I walked out of that car a little disoriented, but no injuries at all, only a tiny bruise where the air bag brushed my wrist. I had my sister in the car with me, she didn't even get a bruise like I did. This car saved my life and I thank the engineers at Nissan for making a safe car. But onto the car itself. It was very reliable, roomy and very fast too. There is a lot of headroom and leg space front AND rear. I also added an Amp and two subs in the trunk, it still had A LOT of space in the trunk; that trunk is HUGE. I got 0-60 in 6 seconds, that's about as fast as a porsche boxster. It handled very well too, but I didn't need it too much in texas. If I could, I would buy this car again."

Best Car I have ever owned!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Price, mileage, looks/runs great, fun"

Cons: "Exterior pain scratches easily, (but no rust)."

"I'm 64 years old, and have owned 20 cars. This is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It's fun to drive, the 4 cyl. motor has plenty of power, it looks great inside and outside, handles well, and gets GREAT gas mileage. I drive about half city and half highway, and in summer I average about 28 mpg. If I baby it, I can get 30 mpg. It runs great, and after 115,000 miles the motor sounds, runs and feels like the day I first drove it. I'm still on my second set of tires, and will get another set at 120,000 miles. The interior looks like new and is easy to maintain. My one compliant is that the exterior paint scratches easily (surface scratches, not down to base metal). There is no sign of any rust whatsoever. I am retiring soon and a year or two ago I had thought that I'd reward myself with a new car, maybe a Maxima, but frankly, I like my car so much I don't want to part with it! It has held up so well that I don't see a need for another one at this time. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat."

Even at her Old age I love her!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Value, dependable, spunky 4 cyl!"

Cons: "refuses to die! So prepare to own for a long time!"

"I have to say that I abused this car at every turn possible and she never ever failed me! She has driven I-10 from ocean to ocean twice! Never had any major problems! Plain and simple Altimus Prime is more than meets the eye! I wish I would have bought two of the same car and put one in storage...She is starting to knock and click a bit but is still going strong! She really does drive like a sports car, with all the room and comfort of a family ride!"

1st Nissan

By on Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pros: "dependable, fun, styling"

Cons: "cant charge your phone unless car is on."

"My Altima was the first new car purchase I have made. I have owned several makes and models and my Altima is by far the best car I have ever owned. It currently has 132k miles and I have never had a major issue, nor dependability issues. I live in Iowa and every winter this Altima would start without hesitation... even if left outside in below zero temps. Highly recommend and will trade in for another new Nissan soon."

Love IT!!

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

"Great car for the value! I haven't had to put any money in it other than routine maintenace, but some of the parts are a little pricy (headlamp bulb $90). But I would absolutely recommend this car, and may buy a newer model when its time."

Best car for the $

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Easy to work on, parts are reasonable."

"I have owned this car for 6 years and except for normal wear and tear this car has been a very exceptional car. I have put 3 sets of Perilli tires(70k on each set), replaced the catylytic convertor, tune-up, rotors and pads, Mobil 1 oil change every 10k, cam sensor. All the work done by self, as I do not trust the Dealers."

Great handling, comfort and gas mileage

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I'm 6'2" and I fit comfortably. Handles great on curvy mountain roads. Avg 30 mile/gal, great sound system. never any problems, have only done routine maintenance"

WILL ALWAYS OWN ONE!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

"I was recently in an accident with a very large deer at a pretty high speed and this car held up better than my prior SUV hitting a smaller deer at a lower rate of speed! I will ALWAYS own a Nissan Altima! Not to mention, my son is 6'5" and fits in the back seat comfortably!!"

over all

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Good tunes,good gas,fun to drive"

Cons: "plastic door handles,no ashtry"

"Over all I'm happy with my 2003 altama SE.I bought it used with ,118,000 miles on it and other than no ashtray,and the rear door handle breaking during winter,I've had very little issues with it.The Boose stereo still sounds crisp and very loud,the sunroof still seals with no leaks,and although it uses a qt. of oil between tuneups,I still get great gas milage.Plus for a 4 door it still has alot of get up and go and is very sporty.The heated seats are nice in the winter."