2001 Nissan Altima

Based on 489 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

This car is a workhorse and fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Quality of mechanics, great price, great driving"

Cons: "turning radius"

"I bought this Altima new and for only 14k. For that price I didn't expect to get the quality and fun driving experience I have had. When I test drove it performed better than the Corolla or Focus, that's what sold me. Since then the car has been worry free and nimble on its feet. I have the manual transmission. It gets up and goes and has a very tight feel. I have put less than $1000 dollars in repairs over 11 years! (not including basic maintenance). I've been told by a Japanese specialized mechanic that the 1999-2001 Altimas were the best ones ever made... cast iron block. They switched to aluminum blocks in later years. Quality dropped is what I heard."

love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "easy to get around in and quick handling"

Cons: "locks stopped working a while back. 2 of the 4 doors need to be locked manually now."

"Even with 205,000 miles on it, this car has been very reliable. It drives very smoothly and is even great in the snow, for a small car. I would recommend this car to younger drivers especially because of the reliability and excessive wear and tear you can put on this car. Not the fastest car out there, but it gets you where you need to go, of course with minor part replacements here and there."

Best Car Ever!

By on Friday, July 10, 2009

"I have owned my 98 Altima for 11 years now and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have 142,000 miles on it and I have never had any problems. I am about to buy a new car and I am really sad to see this car go."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"I've had no trouble at all with my 1999 Nissan Altima GXE, other than replacing my brake pads. The seats are perfect for your back. It's roomy and trouble free. It's just a really awesome non-luxury car. It's the best car I have ever owned. The trunk is big. Inside it heats up and cools down pretty fast. The back seats fold down so you can load long extended items in the trunk. The engine is not loud. Well, the speakers in the back window are really lousy though on mine unless the original owner had asked to install the premium sound as one of the options."

great vehicle

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"excellent quality, runs great, never any problems. I've had the car for a year, all I've done is change the oil, oil filter, and my air filter. the car drives like a champ, atleast 25 miles per gallon. This altima handles well even at high rate of speed."