2001 Nissan Altima

Based on 489 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

NISSAN ALTIMA 1998

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"OVER 130,000 MILES, ORIGINAL OWNER 10 YRS AND STILL GOING STRONG WITH MINOR REPAIRS AND REGUALR MAINTAINANCE, STILL GETTING EXCELLENT GAS MILEAGE. MANY, MANY YEARS STILL LEFT. I ALWAYS THINK TWICE WHEN I GET THE URGE TO GET A KNEW ONE, THIS ONE RUNS SO WELL. GREAT HORSE POWER TO CLIMB HILLS EVEN WITH THIS 4 CYL."

215,000 MILES GOING STRONG

By on Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good gas mileage, cheap maint, stereo"

Cons: "cup holders too small, CD player got stuck"

"Love my '98 Altima GXE her name is Goldie because the paint is gold on outside. This car is very reliable last purchased brand new in 1998 now she has 215K miles just replaced a timing chain and gave her fresh tune up. It might not be the keenest car ever but a reliable car considered on how its maintained and keeping up all the service up to date maintenance. Still looks good on age it is and 4 cylinder is excellent giving me the most gas mileage out from it on 28 mpg with a 2.4L Gasoline motor. Drives like a new car its roomier with a bigger trunk only things I've done replacing were CD player was stuck so had replaced with aftermarket one, brake lines and calibers all done at 140K, sunroof broke at 117K, fixed at affordable price, timing chain replaced at 211K, struts/axles were replaced recently with current mileage. I will put another 250,000 miles on this car using high synthetic oil because odometer has 215K miles runs like a champ good acceleration and doesn't smoke or overheat living in desert area of town. LUV MY '98 ALTIMA after driving for 16 years never let me down hope can last at least 300,000 miles because truly a trustworthy car going anywhere."

Still good for a lot of miles

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Great dependability and descent MPG"

Cons: "Roof and hood could use a new paint job."

"Could use new paint job, especially the roof. Front power windows won't work and haven't for a long time. Engine is in excellent shape and tires are almost brand new. A/C and heater are also in excellent condition. I would expect to get another 100,000 miles out of it if I were to keep it myself. No major dents, just the usual dings and scrapes seen on most cars. Still a very dependable car. Semi-retired and no longer in need of two vehicles, so am wanting to sell the older of my two cars."

72,000 city miles. 24 mpg and no repairs

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage and low maintenance cost."

Cons: "Dashboard reflection in windshield. Needs cover."

"Bought new to drive around city. The only major expense was changing original tires at 14,000 miles because of their noise and poor handling characterstics. I service every 7,500 miles and still enjoy driving car around town. The body has parking lot dings but the leather interior is still like new."

This car has made me a Nissan Fan

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pros: "reliability, easy to maintain, abundant parts"

Cons: "No leather interior, no power seats,"

"I purchased this car back new in 1997. It has almost 200,000 mile and not one major mechanical problem. I loved it so much that I have since bought a 2005, and a 2011 Altima. My other Nissan's have also been trouble free as well. I love this car so much I am currently making plans to refurbish it to the factory condition so that I can drive it for another 16 years."

First Car\

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cons: "inside color"

"This is my first car and has been easy to fix and extremely easy to mainttain. I love my car and although it is small it still fits everything i need even when i move around."

very good value and reliability

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "reliable, economical, good fuel economy"

Cons: "road noise, comfort, not a bmw"

"For the money, I couldn't have done better in its class. This car was thousands cheaper than comparable honda or toyota models and I've only had minor routine maintenance costs. I've owned the car since 20K and have about 150K now on it - I've replaced the alternator, the tires, shocks/struts, given it one tune up, and changed the oil about every 5K miles. it doesn't leak any fluids. It's fairly comfortable. road noise is average or higher slightly. fuel economy is about 30 mpg avg (still). I've taken winter and off road conditions in this car. and I've never been stranded in it....I'd rather be driving a 7 series BMW, or a BSA...but...."

Best car I owned

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

Pros: "cheap, good power, good fuel milleage, confortable"

Cons: "weak stock brakes."

"I bought this car used with 35.000 miles, had only have todo regular maintnance, really strong motor and Tranny, suspension and brakes not the best but i have upgraded them and never had a problem again. Mine is still running strong at 240.000 miles, would definatly recomend buying this car, just like anything else if you do regular maintnance it will last forever."

One of the most reliable vehicles I have ever seen

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Reliability and excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Seats are stiff and not very comfortable"

"My family has driven this car for over ten years now. We have performed minimal upkeep and the car just continues to run. The only defect is the odomoter has not worked for many years. I estimate that there is nearly 400,000 miles on it and I have not made one single repair that has cost more than $300.oo."

Been a great car for 13 years

By on Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Bought car new in 1998 and it now has 184,000 miles and charging hard on 200,000. Only non-standard repairs were a CV boot/right axle at about 150,000k and a new clutch (it's a manual) at 165,000. That's it! It's been a great vehicle for me."