2001 Nissan Altima

Based on 489 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

My Trooper

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Great for road trips, Great gas milage"

"My mom initially purchased the car in 2001, when it has 20,000 miles. I received it in 2006 upon entering college. I first lived in TN, drove everwhere(like college students do), and I moved to NC and it has held up great. Keeping the maintenance up it drives like a champ! I love my Altima I hope to keep it another 218,000 miles."

Best car I ever owned

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

"300K trouble free miles and still running great! If not for the New England winters and resulting rust I would keep it forever. Can't wait to buy another Altima."

Questionable Reliability

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"I've had this car for 11 years. Bought it with 58,000 miles on it. It has questionable reliability. I've had new front brakes 3 times, back-1 time (city driving), new tires, water pump, radiator, alternator, shocks/struts, new dashboard dimer switch (I lost all my lights on my dashboard), new on/off switch for air/heat (it would only work on high) and a new air conditioner. The driver side window is the only window that works and the back, passenger side door lock does not automatically lock. Oil has been changed every 3-3.5K and has received a tune up. The car made it from Chicago to Boston without a problem. All this being said, I still really love this car as it feels very solid on the road.....and probably because it feels so familiar after sitting in it for 11 years."

Great Value!

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"Bought it used with about 45,000 miles and now has about 160,000 miles 6 years later. Great dependable car with only minor problems to be expected with age and miles. Still driving it. As good as it gets for a basic family sedan."

Great value for money

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, gas saver, great overall value for $."

Cons: "Interior and exterior design could be better."

My altima GLE (the work horse)

"This is a straight forward kinda car, how you treat it is how it'll treat you in return. I've had mine for seven years now and it has NEVER! NOT ONCE left me stranded. Super reliable, Super solid, it's looks won't get you noticed but with its lack of problems you won't care. Look at it like this... Less money spent fixing it leaves more money in YOUR pocket for other things. Two thumbs way up for this little car."

My altima GLE (the work horse)