2000 Nissan Altima

Based on 487 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

Great car

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "very reliable and fun to drive"

"Have only had to replace the alternator after 132,000 miles. Good fuel mileage, never had to service the A/C! Still runs great. No regrets buying this car."

This car is a workhorse and fun to drive!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Quality of mechanics, great price, great driving"

Cons: "turning radius"

"I bought this Altima new and for only 14k. For that price I didn't expect to get the quality and fun driving experience I have had. When I test drove it performed better than the Corolla or Focus, that's what sold me. Since then the car has been worry free and nimble on its feet. I have the manual transmission. It gets up and goes and has a very tight feel. I have put less than $1000 dollars in repairs over 11 years! (not including basic maintenance). I've been told by a Japanese specialized mechanic that the 1999-2001 Altimas were the best ones ever made... cast iron block. They switched to aluminum blocks in later years. Quality dropped is what I heard."

love this car!

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "easy to get around in and quick handling"

Cons: "locks stopped working a while back. 2 of the 4 doors need to be locked manually now."

"Even with 205,000 miles on it, this car has been very reliable. It drives very smoothly and is even great in the snow, for a small car. I would recommend this car to younger drivers especially because of the reliability and excessive wear and tear you can put on this car. Not the fastest car out there, but it gets you where you need to go, of course with minor part replacements here and there."

Best Car Ever!

By on Friday, July 10, 2009

"I have owned my 98 Altima for 11 years now and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I have 142,000 miles on it and I have never had any problems. I am about to buy a new car and I am really sad to see this car go."

Awesome Car

By on Saturday, May 30, 2009

"I've had no trouble at all with my 1999 Nissan Altima GXE, other than replacing my brake pads. The seats are perfect for your back. It's roomy and trouble free. It's just a really awesome non-luxury car. It's the best car I have ever owned. The trunk is big. Inside it heats up and cools down pretty fast. The back seats fold down so you can load long extended items in the trunk. The engine is not loud. Well, the speakers in the back window are really lousy though on mine unless the original owner had asked to install the premium sound as one of the options."

great vehicle

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"excellent quality, runs great, never any problems. I've had the car for a year, all I've done is change the oil, oil filter, and my air filter. the car drives like a champ, atleast 25 miles per gallon. This altima handles well even at high rate of speed."

NISSAN ALTIMA 1998

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"OVER 130,000 MILES, ORIGINAL OWNER 10 YRS AND STILL GOING STRONG WITH MINOR REPAIRS AND REGUALR MAINTAINANCE, STILL GETTING EXCELLENT GAS MILEAGE. MANY, MANY YEARS STILL LEFT. I ALWAYS THINK TWICE WHEN I GET THE URGE TO GET A KNEW ONE, THIS ONE RUNS SO WELL. GREAT HORSE POWER TO CLIMB HILLS EVEN WITH THIS 4 CYL."

215,000 MILES GOING STRONG

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good gas mileage, cheap maint, stereo"

Cons: "cup holders too small, CD player got stuck"

"Love my '98 Altima GXE her name is Goldie because the paint is gold on outside. This car is very reliable last purchased brand new in 1998 now she has 215K miles just replaced a timing chain and gave her fresh tune up. It might not be the keenest car ever but a reliable car considered on how its maintained and keeping up all the service up to date maintenance. Still looks good on age it is and 4 cylinder is excellent giving me the most gas mileage out from it on 28 mpg with a 2.4L Gasoline motor. Drives like a new car its roomier with a bigger trunk only things I've done replacing were CD player was stuck so had replaced with aftermarket one, brake lines and calibers all done at 140K, sunroof broke at 117K, fixed at affordable price, timing chain replaced at 211K, struts/axles were replaced recently with current mileage. I will put another 250,000 miles on this car using high synthetic oil because odometer has 215K miles runs like a champ good acceleration and doesn't smoke or overheat living in desert area of town. LUV MY '98 ALTIMA after driving for 16 years never let me down hope can last at least 300,000 miles because truly a trustworthy car going anywhere."

Still good for a lot of miles

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great dependability and descent MPG"

Cons: "Roof and hood could use a new paint job."

"Could use new paint job, especially the roof. Front power windows won't work and haven't for a long time. Engine is in excellent shape and tires are almost brand new. A/C and heater are also in excellent condition. I would expect to get another 100,000 miles out of it if I were to keep it myself. No major dents, just the usual dings and scrapes seen on most cars. Still a very dependable car. Semi-retired and no longer in need of two vehicles, so am wanting to sell the older of my two cars."

72,000 city miles. 24 mpg and no repairs

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage and low maintenance cost."

Cons: "Dashboard reflection in windshield. Needs cover."

"Bought new to drive around city. The only major expense was changing original tires at 14,000 miles because of their noise and poor handling characterstics. I service every 7,500 miles and still enjoy driving car around town. The body has parking lot dings but the leather interior is still like new."