2000 Nissan Altima

Based on 484 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

great vehicle

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"excellent quality, runs great, never any problems. I've had the car for a year, all I've done is change the oil, oil filter, and my air filter. the car drives like a champ, atleast 25 miles per gallon. This altima handles well even at high rate of speed."

NISSAN ALTIMA 1998

By on Monday, March 17, 2008

"OVER 130,000 MILES, ORIGINAL OWNER 10 YRS AND STILL GOING STRONG WITH MINOR REPAIRS AND REGUALR MAINTAINANCE, STILL GETTING EXCELLENT GAS MILEAGE. MANY, MANY YEARS STILL LEFT. I ALWAYS THINK TWICE WHEN I GET THE URGE TO GET A KNEW ONE, THIS ONE RUNS SO WELL. GREAT HORSE POWER TO CLIMB HILLS EVEN WITH THIS 4 CYL."

215,000 MILES GOING STRONG

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good gas mileage, cheap maint, stereo"

Cons: "cup holders too small, CD player got stuck"

"Love my '98 Altima GXE her name is Goldie because the paint is gold on outside. This car is very reliable last purchased brand new in 1998 now she has 215K miles just replaced a timing chain and gave her fresh tune up. It might not be the keenest car ever but a reliable car considered on how its maintained and keeping up all the service up to date maintenance. Still looks good on age it is and 4 cylinder is excellent giving me the most gas mileage out from it on 28 mpg with a 2.4L Gasoline motor. Drives like a new car its roomier with a bigger trunk only things I've done replacing were CD player was stuck so had replaced with aftermarket one, brake lines and calibers all done at 140K, sunroof broke at 117K, fixed at affordable price, timing chain replaced at 211K, struts/axles were replaced recently with current mileage. I will put another 250,000 miles on this car using high synthetic oil because odometer has 215K miles runs like a champ good acceleration and doesn't smoke or overheat living in desert area of town. LUV MY '98 ALTIMA after driving for 16 years never let me down hope can last at least 300,000 miles because truly a trustworthy car going anywhere."

Still good for a lot of miles

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great dependability and descent MPG"

Cons: "Roof and hood could use a new paint job."

"Could use new paint job, especially the roof. Front power windows won't work and haven't for a long time. Engine is in excellent shape and tires are almost brand new. A/C and heater are also in excellent condition. I would expect to get another 100,000 miles out of it if I were to keep it myself. No major dents, just the usual dings and scrapes seen on most cars. Still a very dependable car. Semi-retired and no longer in need of two vehicles, so am wanting to sell the older of my two cars."

72,000 city miles. 24 mpg and no repairs

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage and low maintenance cost."

Cons: "Dashboard reflection in windshield. Needs cover."

"Bought new to drive around city. The only major expense was changing original tires at 14,000 miles because of their noise and poor handling characterstics. I service every 7,500 miles and still enjoy driving car around town. The body has parking lot dings but the leather interior is still like new."

This car has made me a Nissan Fan

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "reliability, easy to maintain, abundant parts"

Cons: "No leather interior, no power seats,"

"I purchased this car back new in 1997. It has almost 200,000 mile and not one major mechanical problem. I loved it so much that I have since bought a 2005, and a 2011 Altima. My other Nissan's have also been trouble free as well. I love this car so much I am currently making plans to refurbish it to the factory condition so that I can drive it for another 16 years."

First Car\

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cons: "inside color"

"This is my first car and has been easy to fix and extremely easy to mainttain. I love my car and although it is small it still fits everything i need even when i move around."

very good value and reliability

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "reliable, economical, good fuel economy"

Cons: "road noise, comfort, not a bmw"

"For the money, I couldn't have done better in its class. This car was thousands cheaper than comparable honda or toyota models and I've only had minor routine maintenance costs. I've owned the car since 20K and have about 150K now on it - I've replaced the alternator, the tires, shocks/struts, given it one tune up, and changed the oil about every 5K miles. it doesn't leak any fluids. It's fairly comfortable. road noise is average or higher slightly. fuel economy is about 30 mpg avg (still). I've taken winter and off road conditions in this car. and I've never been stranded in it....I'd rather be driving a 7 series BMW, or a BSA...but...."

Best car I owned

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

Pros: "cheap, good power, good fuel milleage, confortable"

Cons: "weak stock brakes."

"I bought this car used with 35.000 miles, had only have todo regular maintnance, really strong motor and Tranny, suspension and brakes not the best but i have upgraded them and never had a problem again. Mine is still running strong at 240.000 miles, would definatly recomend buying this car, just like anything else if you do regular maintnance it will last forever."

One of the most reliable vehicles I have ever seen

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Reliability and excellent gas mileage"

Cons: "Seats are stiff and not very comfortable"

"My family has driven this car for over ten years now. We have performed minimal upkeep and the car just continues to run. The only defect is the odomoter has not worked for many years. I estimate that there is nearly 400,000 miles on it and I have not made one single repair that has cost more than $300.oo."

Been a great car for 13 years

By on Sunday, January 02, 2011

"Bought car new in 1998 and it now has 184,000 miles and charging hard on 200,000. Only non-standard repairs were a CV boot/right axle at about 150,000k and a new clutch (it's a manual) at 165,000. That's it! It's been a great vehicle for me."

dependable

By on Tuesday, July 06, 2010

"I have had very few issues with this car and it has never left me stranded unless it was do to a dead battery. had it (and still have it) for 10 yrs with 180k on it. this jewel is a tank that wont quit. City or highway, it makes the trek"

Best buy ever!

By on Sunday, May 30, 2010

"In 2005 I purchased a '99 Altima with 90k miles that had been through 3 previous owners and had not been very well maintained. Due to those circumstances I ended up having to put some money into it right from the begining. It's now 2010 and I unfortunately just had to retire the car with a grand total of 213k miles. After reciving a bad oil change the oil pump broke and I considered having the engine replaced, but was advised against doing so by several mechanics due to the high mileage of the car. I can't wait to purchase another Altima and drive the next one to 300k miles! I spend ALOT of time in my vehicles driving across country and my Altima never failed to get me from point A to B, was comfortable and large enough for me to practically live out of!"

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"I have had this car since 1999. This car has only been in the shop for maintenance; has never giving me any type of mechanical problems. I see my future just driving NISSAN!!!"

Great frist car

By on Thursday, January 29, 2009

"never had any problem with this car. Just change the oil and go."

best car ever

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I have 163,000 miles on this precious car and have owned it for 10 years since it was new. Only did oil changes, new tires, brakes, battery. I am buying a new Altima but keeping this one also for our second car. I feel it will still do another 200,000 miles, without much expense."

This car saved my life

By on Monday, November 05, 2007

"I just bought one of these used in April and it has been the best car i've ever driven - smooth ride, great gas mileage, amazing handling. I was involved in an accident a few days ago in my beloved Altima, and the cops said they can't believe that my car didn't flip. If I had been in my old car, I probably wouldn't be here right now. This car took on a tractor trailer and came out of it looking like it only got hit by a big Dodge Ram."

BEST VEHICLE I had Owned in my life

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "The car has not down issues. TLC it & LOYAL return"

Cons: "None one at all. Super Vehicle, just care it well."

"Never left me down. Pre-Maintenance had been the secret. Engine, as it's today, am sure can make double plus mileages if keep maintenance as I had done ni. Have 3 of them.Certainly had been all of them top cars. Even You purhase a used one, and You are mechanicaly minded, amd sure, You'll be able to fix it at Your pocket budgat. Used always Premiun Gasoline. Top brand Syntect Oil 5-50W Lucas Aditives, Fuel and Oil. Great Mileages with A/C - Town 30 Avge. Travel 38/43 P-Gl. Walmart Tires, without change size, best for car weight. Oil Changes every 25.000 miles. Oil Filters every 7.000 miles between oil changes. Fuel filter, every 6 month. O'Ralleys Collant full strenght best one. Brakes every 60k miles average. Just keep details ahead of true maintenance. Got the car new in April 1998."

would buy another one

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and practical"

"I have owned this car for almost 11 years. Bought it used when it was 2 years old. At the time it was the "fanciest" car I ever owned, with the moonroof and multiple cd changer. I have loved this vehicle. Extremely reliable, comfortable, very good on gas. It was certainly worth every penny I paid for it and then some."

best car I've ever owned

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "top notch reliability and good fuel efficiency"

Cons: "not the best looking car"

"Bought used in 2006 with a about 50,000 miles & now has almost 160,000. Had to replace brakes about 3 times but that may be due to my husband's inefficient driving style. Just bought 2nd battery (Jan 2014) and only other major repair I just had done was alternator replaced & had a leak in radiator hose. Black leather interior has held up near perfectly. I'm keeping it as long as I can & it's worth far more than the $1,200 or so trade in value to me."

This car can take a hit!

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Can take a hit like a champ and keep driving!"

Cons: "Its difficult to fix anything yourself"

"I got into two accidents with this vehicle and it has saved my life twice. First hit was a 60mph hit off a highway median. The only damage was front bumber fell off, back tire blew and a minor reverse transmission problem. The fatal hit was from the front end when someone ran a red light. This car was a beast and took both hits like a champ, with my only injury being from hitting my head on the drivers side window. Nissan outdid themselves with the collision aspect of this vehicle. I am omw to purchase a new altima, as I am now very partial to this vehicle."

Great first car

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Looked kinda sporty with the sunroof"

Cons: "I don't like the shape of the trunk!"

"I got this as my first car, a little expensive as a first, but sporty enough for me! I love it!"

Good Economical Car, Very Reliable, Handles Well

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Economical, reliable, fun to drive, Good Mpgs"

Cons: "Could use more power, Cramped back seat, Flimsy"

"I own a 2001 Nissan Altima SE, it is my first car. So far it has been very reliable with no mechanical problems whatsoever. It is also good on gas, I get about 18 MPG in mostly city driving. The front seats are suprisingly roomy and comfortable. The stereo is very good but the speakers are poor quality. The AC is cold. The 2.4 liter engine is suprisingly quick, but as with any car more horespower is always desired. This car handles excellent in dry weather, but when it rains or snows... BE CAREFUL! This car is light and doesnt have ABS or traction control so it is easy to lose control. Also the car doesnt really feel that solid, the doors and trunk are very light and it doesnt make you feel that safe."

Great car

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "Good price for middle of the road sedan."

"I bought this car used and cheap. I have been driving it for 4 years now. It has over 200,000 miles and still runs great! I definitely recommend buying an Altima!"

Great car, great value

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "Best value for a great handling car"

Cons: "Front bumper too low, hit cement blocks while pkg"

"Great handling, nice features and options, leans towards luxury without luxury price, gets great mileage, comfortable on long road trips, inexpensive to maintain."