1999 Nissan Altima

Based on 471 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

The front bumper is only 6" off the ground.

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

"The front bumper is only six inches off the ground and it get stuck and damage on parking curbs. I have had a Nissan from my first Datsun B-210 but now I am getting a Toyota Camry (Clearwater Blue) because the colors that Nissan offer are so bland and Yukkie."

The front bumper is only 6" off the ground.

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

215,000 MILES GOING STRONG

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, good gas mileage, cheap maint, stereo"

Cons: "cup holders too small, CD player got stuck"

"Love my '98 Altima GXE her name is Goldie because the paint is gold on outside. This car is very reliable last purchased brand new in 1998 now she has 215K miles just replaced a timing chain and gave her fresh tune up. It might not be the keenest car ever but a reliable car considered on how its maintained and keeping up all the service up to date maintenance. Still looks good on age it is and 4 cylinder is excellent giving me the most gas mileage out from it on 28 mpg with a 2.4L Gasoline motor. Drives like a new car its roomier with a bigger trunk only things I've done replacing were CD player was stuck so had replaced with aftermarket one, brake lines and calibers all done at 140K, sunroof broke at 117K, fixed at affordable price, timing chain replaced at 211K, struts/axles were replaced recently with current mileage. I will put another 250,000 miles on this car using high synthetic oil because odometer has 215K miles runs like a champ good acceleration and doesn't smoke or overheat living in desert area of town. LUV MY '98 ALTIMA after driving for 16 years never let me down hope can last at least 300,000 miles because truly a trustworthy car going anywhere."

BEST VEHICLE I had Owned in my life

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "The car has not down issues. TLC it & LOYAL return"

Cons: "None one at all. Super Vehicle, just care it well."

"Never left me down. Pre-Maintenance had been the secret. Engine, as it's today, am sure can make double plus mileages if keep maintenance as I had done ni. Have 3 of them.Certainly had been all of them top cars. Even You purhase a used one, and You are mechanicaly minded, amd sure, You'll be able to fix it at Your pocket budgat. Used always Premiun Gasoline. Top brand Syntect Oil 5-50W Lucas Aditives, Fuel and Oil. Great Mileages with A/C - Town 30 Avge. Travel 38/43 P-Gl. Walmart Tires, without change size, best for car weight. Oil Changes every 25.000 miles. Oil Filters every 7.000 miles between oil changes. Fuel filter, every 6 month. O'Ralleys Collant full strenght best one. Brakes every 60k miles average. Just keep details ahead of true maintenance. Got the car new in April 1998."

second worst vehicle of 50 + that I've owned

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "economy only redeeming quality"

Cons: "too many to list. Terrible in snow"

"wasn't too bad up to 100,000 miles but literally disintegrated after 100K. Replaced fuel injectors, valve cover gasket,spark plug seals, alternator. Mileage fell from 30 mpg to 23. It was never a power house, but it exhibited a major decline in performance after 100K."

Bought Used

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive love the sunroof"

"I bought this car used, and it has been great. It is fun to drive, and I enjoy it."

Not a big fan of Nissan

By on Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pros: "Looks good and handles well"

Cons: "Kind of cheaply built. Too many problems"

"This car has disappointed me. Thought it would be as good as Toyota and Honda, but it's not. Not very good gas mileage, 17-23 mpg. 4 cyl engine is to weak. Needs a V-6. I've had several minor but annoying motor problems. Don't plan on buying another Nissan of any kind."

Still good for a lot of miles

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

Pros: "Great dependability and descent MPG"

Cons: "Roof and hood could use a new paint job."

"Could use new paint job, especially the roof. Front power windows won't work and haven't for a long time. Engine is in excellent shape and tires are almost brand new. A/C and heater are also in excellent condition. I would expect to get another 100,000 miles out of it if I were to keep it myself. No major dents, just the usual dings and scrapes seen on most cars. Still a very dependable car. Semi-retired and no longer in need of two vehicles, so am wanting to sell the older of my two cars."

would buy another one

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "comfortable and practical"

"I have owned this car for almost 11 years. Bought it used when it was 2 years old. At the time it was the "fanciest" car I ever owned, with the moonroof and multiple cd changer. I have loved this vehicle. Extremely reliable, comfortable, very good on gas. It was certainly worth every penny I paid for it and then some."

Great value for money

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, gas saver, great overall value for $."

Cons: "Interior and exterior design could be better."

My altima GLE (the work horse)

"This is a straight forward kinda car, how you treat it is how it'll treat you in return. I've had mine for seven years now and it has NEVER! NOT ONCE left me stranded. Super reliable, Super solid, it's looks won't get you noticed but with its lack of problems you won't care. Look at it like this... Less money spent fixing it leaves more money in YOUR pocket for other things. Two thumbs way up for this little car."

My altima GLE (the work horse)