1998 Nissan Altima

Based on 484 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

My Trooper

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Great for road trips, Great gas milage"

"My mom initially purchased the car in 2001, when it has 20,000 miles. I received it in 2006 upon entering college. I first lived in TN, drove everwhere(like college students do), and I moved to NC and it has held up great. Keeping the maintenance up it drives like a champ! I love my Altima I hope to keep it another 218,000 miles."

Best car I ever owned

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

"300K trouble free miles and still running great! If not for the New England winters and resulting rust I would keep it forever. Can't wait to buy another Altima."

Questionable Reliability

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

"I've had this car for 11 years. Bought it with 58,000 miles on it. It has questionable reliability. I've had new front brakes 3 times, back-1 time (city driving), new tires, water pump, radiator, alternator, shocks/struts, new dashboard dimer switch (I lost all my lights on my dashboard), new on/off switch for air/heat (it would only work on high) and a new air conditioner. The driver side window is the only window that works and the back, passenger side door lock does not automatically lock. Oil has been changed every 3-3.5K and has received a tune up. The car made it from Chicago to Boston without a problem. All this being said, I still really love this car as it feels very solid on the road.....and probably because it feels so familiar after sitting in it for 11 years."

Excellent Reliability

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Style"

"I have owned this car for 5 years and put over 100,000 miles on it. I have not had one issue with my Altima. General maintenance is the only time Ive had to spend a dime. It is not the best looking car in the world but you can't beat the reliability."

Great Value!

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"Bought it used with about 45,000 miles and now has about 160,000 miles 6 years later. Great dependable car with only minor problems to be expected with age and miles. Still driving it. As good as it gets for a basic family sedan."

Great value for money

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, gas saver, great overall value for $."

Cons: "Interior and exterior design could be better."

My altima GLE (the work horse)

"This is a straight forward kinda car, how you treat it is how it'll treat you in return. I've had mine for seven years now and it has NEVER! NOT ONCE left me stranded. Super reliable, Super solid, it's looks won't get you noticed but with its lack of problems you won't care. Look at it like this... Less money spent fixing it leaves more money in YOUR pocket for other things. Two thumbs way up for this little car."

My altima GLE (the work horse)

I drive this vehicle 100 miles daily.

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "very reliable car"

Cons: "seats are to low for taller drivers"

"This vehicle currently has 177,000 miles and still running excellent. Everything is still stock / original and works including the cold a/c. I will continue to drive it until the engine will not work anymore. i would love to buy a 2013 altima and keep it as long as my 1999 Altima."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Monday, December 12, 2011

Pros: "Peppy, RELIABLE, comfortable, great handling"

Cons: "Back a bit high-if short, backing may be difficult"

"Although it's now considered an older car, you'd never know it! It's been extremely good value for the money, hasn't needed any repairs--only routine maintenance, and is still cute/looks great!! It's also only a 4-cyl engine, but again, you would never know it! This car is very "peppy" and responsive and handles very, very nicely. Even my parents, who both drive luxury cars (Mercedes and BMWs) are impressed by my car whenever they drive it. If you're looking for a cute, reliable, easy-to-care for car--look no further! Seriously!"

Never been better

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

"I have had this car for 10 years. I have lived in her, taken her everywhere,and always relied on her. there has never been a question in my mind whether I would make it somewhere or not. This is the most dependable car! I am at 275000 Miles now and only this year starting to have to replace something like a oxygen sensor. This is a great car for your money and will last your forever."

Amazing car

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Fast, easy to drive, steers great, lots of space"

Cons: "Minor annoying issues"

"The car runs great, the problems that is does have are usually minor. Mine only has 135,000 miles on it. I bought it used and replaced the radiator because it cracked. That was the only serious issue I've had. The other issues I have had include the windows (the motor getting stuck), the air conditioner went out and I am waiting to replace the compressor, the O2 sensors are having an issue, and I have had issues with the security system. All issues are simply annoyances and have nothing to do with the operation of the vehicle. It's SO fast and picks up speed really nicely. I definitely do not regret this investment. It's beautiful and I love it!"