1998 Nissan Altima

Based on 487 Ratings for the 1998 - 2001 models.

Great reliable car runs like a top.

By on Thursday, November 29, 2012

Pros: "VERY RELIABLE HUGE VALUE"

Cons: "NOT MANY FRILLS BUT IT MAKES UP FOR IT."

"This car rode like a dream the engine ran great the gas mileage was awesome. All it asked of me was basic maintanence and it responded great to all repairs i made. it only asked me for 1 major repair in its life time a head gasket that's it! and it ran like new after the repair. Not many frills but i didn't need them i just wanted reliability and i got it in spades. The only thing that could kill this car was Hurricane Sandy, a flood, and i bet if i tried i could've started it. i leased a ford focus out of desperation all i can say is that i miss my altima. ford focus is dismal compared to the altima and it's a 2013. I'll never get anything but a japanese car for as long as i live. R.I.P. MY 2001 ALTIMA I LOVED YOU!"

Mechanically sound, very good car

By on Monday, June 15, 2009

"Never in the 5 years have I had trouble with my engine. I bought it with 71,000 miles now have 170,000 miles. Only needed to change belts and battery, just the normal stuff of maintaining a vehicle. Excellent car."

Great & Reliable Nissan

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"I bought my 2000 SE Altima in 2005 with only 50K on it and I haven't had a problem with this vehicle AT ALL. This is one of the quickest 4 cylinder vehicles I've owned. I've only put about 18K on it in the last 4 years and really don't want to get rid of it. This would make a great college car. Nissan added some great items to the SE over the XE (Rims, spoiler, white face gauges, CD/Cassette, ground effects, & moonroof). As a matter of fact the only difference between the SE and the LE is you gain leather seats and lose the spoiler. I'd take the SE everytime over the LE any day. This car has been so realiable I really don't want to trade it in on my new truck. The silver color is one of Nissan's best. Other than the occasional battery purchase (because it sits in my garage most of the time), there hasn't been any maintenance done to it. Knowing Nissan's reliability this car could go forever. I put brand new tires on it and it just begs to go...and go fast!!!"

nice car

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"Bought my 1999 nissan altima brand new with no miles have about 205,000 miles now still running good had some work done in the past but it still ok with me.Had my car for ten years.Will not sell or trade my car at all i keep it until it dies. The best part no more Car Note.If i want a new car i just have my Altima painted which i did twice so it is a new car again to me."

Best Used Vehicle For The Money

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great gas mileage, Nice Looking Car!"

Cons: "Seats Are Kinda uncomfortable."

1999 Nissan Altima

"I have had this car for little over 4 1/2 months, And I love the gas mileage I receive with this car."

1999 Nissan Altima