1997 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 222 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Great vehicle, economical

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"Great car, good gas milage"

Good little car

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"Purchased with 165,000 miles 2yrs ago. Runs good, needed a valve cover gasket but that was an easy fix. I think styling is a little bland. Car is suprisingly fast with manual trans. Uses the same 2.4L I4 as the sporty 240sx. Fun to drive, but has a little body roll with the sedan. Interior in the GXE is very nice."

great car

By on Thursday, April 01, 2010

"I have had my 93 altima for about 6 months i bought it off a car lot i love it its a great car i have not had to do any repair yet my mom owns a honda i do more repair on it then anything"

very reliable

By on Sunday, March 14, 2010

"I have had my nissan altima for about 5 years now these cars are great I have only had 2 repairs other than maintenance and that was for the muffler and axel .My fiancee bought a fairly newer vehicle (2000 model mercury) and we have had far more repair with his vehicle than mine . My next car will be a nissan Im very impressed with the durablity of this vehicle its my "trusty rusty" lol"

Love this Altima

By on Saturday, January 02, 2010

"I bought my 97 Altima with 83000 miles-now has 109000 miles after three years.Folks if you take care of this car it will take care of you.The good part you can work on it yourself if you know basic mechanics.Another fantastic thing about ths car is that it will always take you home-quiet engine-start in sub-zero weather-goes through high water and any snow beats any suv in bad weather-Nissan does not make cars like this anymore folks-but keep your car maintained-change the oil at least four times per year-a few sensors will go bad now and then but they are not too expensive-and you will find parts easily for this car-Ilove my car so much that I change the parts even thou they dont failas a precaution-the car talks to me-I have a magnaflow muffler on her and any thing you do the muffler tells you -serious-I would cry if I should part with this baby-so I part with you folks out there by saying -long live first generation Altimas-made for the USA only."