1997 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 220 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Never let you in the middle of the way

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, secure, engine last long time"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back, I can't find more cons"

"Great engine, confortable, I love this car because I haven't had to do any big repairs, economic in gas millage, wonderfull car"

great car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

great running car

"this is really a great car..i just recently brought it but looking for something like a mini van.it has some rust on it which can be repaired..it runs and have no problems with starting up..maybe need rear struts..i don't know..has 205000 miles mostly highway miles..im really looking for a even trade..has title in hand..if there is anything wrong with it I can assure you its minor..thank you.."

great running car

Good, solid commuter and kid car

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good price and reliable, decent mileage and power."

Cons: "cup holder poorly placed, oil filter poorly placed"

"I bought my 1995 Altima in 2002, it had 62,000 miles on it. I have put 133,000 more miles on it since then. Other than normal consumables such as brakes, alternators, batteries and plugs this car has been very dependable. I have never had starting issues with it. It has a specific problem with a consistent oil leak, which I was told was due to a design flaw in the bottom end of the engine, which uses a two part design that leaks where the sides meet together, and to fix it requires pulling the engine. If one is willing to live with a small leak, it is not a big deal. The cup holder is located in an unfortunate place right in front of the radio controls which is a pain. The windshield washer reservoir is also really big, which is nice because one doesn't have to constantly refill it. The cruise control buttons are also conveniently located."

great car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT TO DRIVE FUN RIDE"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I have had this car for 13 yrs and it is a great car! Comfortable , sporty to drive with lots of pick up. Fast as a jack rabbit or better yet a roadrunner. Costs little to maintain. Cler coat is a bit worn but interior space and seats are a blessing on long trips. was thinking of a Jetta but this won out Nice wood accents in interior huge truck and heater is much better than Toyota and AC is cold! COMFORTABLE PEPPY RELIABLE what more could oyu ask for."

She just won't quit

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Easy price, easy ride"

Cons: "Repair cost, age."

"I call her my somewhat reliable old lady. Minus a few major fixes (Seeing as the car is almost 20 years old, it's to be expected) this car has been nothing but amazing. Good gas mileage for a 1990's decade car, wonderful driving, just overall a good car. Just be prepared to sink some money into routine maintenance, and wear and tear repairs. I replaced the fuel distributor at 250k miles, and radiator at 270k. As I said, this old lady just keeps chugging."