1996 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"I purchased this car from a dealership two years ago, and have had a pleasent experience since. I purchased the car with body damage (previous owner had damages front pass. fender, rear pass. door and body, front bumper missing and rear bumper dented), but for $900 was able to do most of the repairs myself. Other than minor repairs (distributor oil leak, tires, sensors and tuneups), the vehicle has had little mechanical needs, and runs great. My husband and I share the car for commuting to work, and have enjoyed the comfort the driver's seat (have had to sleep in the car before-fairly comfortable). Small, but economical car- would reccomend to friends. Great investment for the money- even used its worth more than twice what I paid for it!"

Great

By on Monday, October 29, 2007

"I love my 94 Altima, speedometer doesn't work so I have no idea how many miles are really on it, it shows 132000. runs great mine is the GXE so it's loaded and I only paid 1,200 for it. Very comfortable, very low road noise, good sound system, only bad thing, the body is starting to rust, I will be sorry when it goes. I did have a problem with it stalling when the engine warmed up, garage was no help so I had to figure it out myself, it was the cam shaft positioning sensor in the distributor, so I replaced the distributor, no more stalling."

Superior mechanical performance

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"1997 GLE with 104,000 miles. Bought it in 1999 and it has never been in the shop for a repair -- only routine maintenance and replacement parts like belts, hoses, batteries, brakes, etc. This car is as solid as an army tank."

Wonderful Car

By on Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"I am 17, and in High school. I picked this car up for 800 bucks from my cousin. I love it, I have a 5 spd, and i learned how to drive stick in it. At 165,000 I had to fork over 600 bucks to replace the timing chain, and at 160,000 i had to replace the spark plug wires, so things tend to break, but the car drives really well, for a sedan it has the right amount of pep to get out of it's own way, and it can do over 100 (dont ask me why i know that), but its not exactly a corvette or anything. The gas mileage is wonderful, I get atleast 25 mpg everywhere, and I drive like a 17 yr old guy... (because i am). I highly reccomend this car for anyone who is looking for a good buy!"

Good value

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"This car has been my #1 ride for over 11 years, I bought it "used" in '96. It is comfortable, handles well, and Gas mileage is decent. It has had only one major problem... The transmission failed at 37,000 miles, but the good part is, it was still under warranty!"

See if you qualify for