1996 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 221 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I was the second owner, drove it for additional 80K miles. Its 185K miles now, still running as if bought yesterday. Ofcourse did do basic maintanace from time to time, had to change w pump and alternator recently and has some oil leaks. Great vehicle. I enjoy driving it everyday."

She is very reliable on the roads

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "fast, gas mileage, reliability, maint"

Cons: "parts are expensive, small interior, cup holders"

"my grandparents bought this car new in 1996 its a GXE Nissan Altima its a reliable vehicle it handles great, the fuel economy is at best. A/C is very ice cold especially since spring has begun I love this car might not be the prettiest car but overall the most reliable car I ever drove on the mountain highways. It still looks good from exterior and interior although there isn't much room inside but being a mid 1990s what expected. Car has been well maintained from Day 1 when my grandparents drove for 11 years before hand it down to me at the time was in college so I am driving as a weekend or gas saver vehicle bought two new vehicles they are nothing like my old faithful Altima its the best car will keep it for another 20,000 miles a great vehicle on the roads. The engine is very fast for being an compact car with excellent acceleration and great on gas love my car than ever."

great car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT TO DRIVE FUN RIDE"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I have had this car for 13 yrs and it is a great car! Comfortable , sporty to drive with lots of pick up. Fast as a jack rabbit or better yet a roadrunner. Costs little to maintain. Cler coat is a bit worn but interior space and seats are a blessing on long trips. was thinking of a Jetta but this won out Nice wood accents in interior huge truck and heater is much better than Toyota and AC is cold! COMFORTABLE PEPPY RELIABLE what more could oyu ask for."

Great vehicle, economical

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"Great car, good gas milage"

Good little car

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"Purchased with 165,000 miles 2yrs ago. Runs good, needed a valve cover gasket but that was an easy fix. I think styling is a little bland. Car is suprisingly fast with manual trans. Uses the same 2.4L I4 as the sporty 240sx. Fun to drive, but has a little body roll with the sedan. Interior in the GXE is very nice."

great car

By on Thursday, April 01, 2010

"I have had my 93 altima for about 6 months i bought it off a car lot i love it its a great car i have not had to do any repair yet my mom owns a honda i do more repair on it then anything"

very reliable

By on Sunday, March 14, 2010

"I have had my nissan altima for about 5 years now these cars are great I have only had 2 repairs other than maintenance and that was for the muffler and axel .My fiancee bought a fairly newer vehicle (2000 model mercury) and we have had far more repair with his vehicle than mine . My next car will be a nissan Im very impressed with the durablity of this vehicle its my "trusty rusty" lol"

Love this Altima

By on Saturday, January 02, 2010

"I bought my 97 Altima with 83000 miles-now has 109000 miles after three years.Folks if you take care of this car it will take care of you.The good part you can work on it yourself if you know basic mechanics.Another fantastic thing about ths car is that it will always take you home-quiet engine-start in sub-zero weather-goes through high water and any snow beats any suv in bad weather-Nissan does not make cars like this anymore folks-but keep your car maintained-change the oil at least four times per year-a few sensors will go bad now and then but they are not too expensive-and you will find parts easily for this car-Ilove my car so much that I change the parts even thou they dont failas a precaution-the car talks to me-I have a magnaflow muffler on her and any thing you do the muffler tells you -serious-I would cry if I should part with this baby-so I part with you folks out there by saying -long live first generation Altimas-made for the USA only."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, September 03, 2009

"I just sold my 1996 Altima GXE (bought 10/95) in 2009! I bought an Infiniti G35 almost two years ago but kept this car and liked better than G for mileage, ease of driving and low costs to maintain and insure. Never thought I'd have the car over 5-7 years but if you get one, they seem to last forever. Easy to resell too - I intend to sell the G in a few years and get another Altima! A little road noise but a great value for your money. :)"

good first car

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I have been driving a '94 Altima ever since I got my license 9 years ago. Despite my neglect, the car has been extremely reliable. I would keep it forever if it wasn't for the rust. While the automatic transmission can be at times a little reluctant to downshift, it has decent power. Overall, its been a great car."