1995 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 217 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

great car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT TO DRIVE FUN RIDE"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I have had this car for 13 yrs and it is a great car! Comfortable , sporty to drive with lots of pick up. Fast as a jack rabbit or better yet a roadrunner. Costs little to maintain. Cler coat is a bit worn but interior space and seats are a blessing on long trips. was thinking of a Jetta but this won out Nice wood accents in interior huge truck and heater is much better than Toyota and AC is cold! COMFORTABLE PEPPY RELIABLE what more could oyu ask for."

She just won't quit

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Easy price, easy ride"

Cons: "Repair cost, age."

"I call her my somewhat reliable old lady. Minus a few major fixes (Seeing as the car is almost 20 years old, it's to be expected) this car has been nothing but amazing. Good gas mileage for a 1990's decade car, wonderful driving, just overall a good car. Just be prepared to sink some money into routine maintenance, and wear and tear repairs. I replaced the fuel distributor at 250k miles, and radiator at 270k. As I said, this old lady just keeps chugging."

First and reliable car

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable car"

Cons: "it good"

"I bought this car in November 2012 145768 miles. I only did repair once, which was replacing one fuel injector. All I do was regular oil change, unfortunately I've accident on 7/20/13. I was not at fault."

Great vehicle, economical

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"Great car, good gas milage"

Fuel-efficient, Reliable Plain Jane at Low Price

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Reason: Repairs exceeded value of car.

Pros: "Reliable, low maint, longevity, underrated, mpg's."

Cons: "Plain looking, no CD player."

"Owned this car between 2008-2013 (currently a 17-year-old car...amazing). Recent resell for $750 after purchasing a newer Nissan Sentra. Bought this car for $2000 (got a great deal) with well over 100K miles and drove it to 187K. True to its reputation, given the Consumer Reports "Good Bet" stamp of approval, this car doesn't owe me ANYTHING. Sure, I had to put about $1,000 or more into it during its last few years of ownership, but the cost of monthly car payments + full coverage insurance would have far exceeded the cost of repairs to keep this old girl bringing me safely to and from work, Mom and Dad's, Nebraska (twice), Green Bay (numerous times), Brainerd and everywhere in between. On the negative side, the CV axle boots are known for tearing and leaking lube, thus damaging the axle, which is about $200-300 repair per boot. This indeed happened and at this point, not worth the repair, as something else will kill the vehicle before anything serious happens to the axle. Got 24-31 mpg in the last 1.5-2 years of ownership. Replaced alternator, distributor, windshield wiper motor, EGR valve in the last few years. Needs a new R front spring, causing that tire to wear unevenly -- again, not worth the value of the vehicle at its age and mileage. Starts every time. Still has some zip in her. Handles corners like a champ. Rusting around rear wheel wells, nowhere else. No special treatment for this vehicle except regular oil changes and the occasional tune-up."