1994 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 220 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

A great investment

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"I bought this vehicle in 04, and it had 130k miles on it. It now has near 176k on it and has only had two major problems- needed a new alternator, and a new waterpump- things that are expected to go out with age. This car has great gas mileage, and runs like a dream for an 11 year old car. This car has taken me from AL to MD, and has never been in the shop for more than two days at a time. Best car investment I've ever made. I'll actually be sad when I retire this car."

solid value/great second car

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Have owned two Altimas, a 97 and a 93. They have to be the toughest, most reliable used cars available for the money. They're not very exclusive and the styling is mundane, but that's a small price to pay for a vehicle that can survive almost any abuse three teenagers can dish out--which is what they went through at my house. The 97 was recently rear ended by a car doing 40+ MPH and probably saved my daughter from serious injury because of its crashworthiness."

Amazing

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"ive had my 97 altima for about a year now my sister had it for the previous 3 years. my dad is a mechanic and had to replace very few parts for her, pretty much from her doing. but since ive had it all ive done is basic maintance on it and it ran great. at about 165000 miles my oil pump and timing went out, it actrully turned out to be cheaper to put a used motor in instaed of replaceing those parts, i found out that everthing in this car is very cheap to replace except the inner engine parts. with the oil pump and timing set the price ended up being about $700 but i found a used motor for $600 so now i could just drop it in and go. But hey 165000 isnt that bad it probably could have went a little longer if my sister took better care of it but over all it gets up and goes, honestly it feels like your driving a go cart its a very fun car"

Some repairs, but relieble and comfortable

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"I bought this car last summer (When gas prices were high) to save on gas. It had 215,000 miles in it. I bought it cheap, knowing it needed some repairs (new tires, new right CV axle, New clutch master cylinder, new spark plugs, ignition switch and a new valve cover gasket kit). Thankfully, I am mecahnically inclined to the point I could perform all of these repairs by my self. Since then, the only other repairs (other than maintenance) I have had to do is replace one of the four fuel injectors (not surprising since it had 220,000 miles on it). I have found the car to be very reliable other than that. I typically average between 30 and 32 mpg, even more if I am driving down the freeway with cruise control. This car seems to have enough power to move it down the freeway and any other place I take it. It also seems to drive well in snow and bad weather. I found the car extremely comfortable to sit in - enough that I was able to drive it 2,000 miles in less than 1o days. This car has been very good to me. To date, it has 226,000 miles on it and still seems to perform very well. This car is just barely broken in and I hope to have this car for another four years (through the rest of college). The only part I dislike about this car is that the head lights are a pain to change the bulbs in. Overall, I think this is an excellant car and I am pleased with my purchase. Someday I hope to be able to afford a newer Altima."

best car ever

By on Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Ihave had my Altima for 15 years;bought new. Other than the usual brakes and tires, I have had to replace a starter...that's it. Best car I have ever owned. And I'm still getting 37-40 mpg."

GREAT car for the money

By on Thursday, March 27, 2008

"I bought this car 7 years ago with slightly over 100K on the odometer. It now has about 187K miles and it has been an amazing car. I have replaced the original distributor and alternator, both for less than$500 together. But no other major parts have failed and the major assemblies such as engine, automatic transaxle, and A/C are still in great shape. I get 24mpg in town and 29-30mpg on highway. I couldn't ask for a more satisfactory car, and the price at the time of purchase was considerably lower than for comparable Camrys and Accords. I would not be surprised if this car goes 300K miles with no major expenses and still runs well. I will definitely make Nissan my first choice when I decide to replace this one."

Solid performer

By on Wednesday, February 06, 2008

"I bought my Altima in the summer of 1998 when it had 23,000 on the odometer. Now it has over 120,000 miles. Over the last 9 1/2 years it has served faithfully with minimal maintenance needed. The car offers ~23-24 mi/ga in average. I plan to drive this car for another 5 years!"

Love this vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I was the second owner, drove it for additional 80K miles. Its 185K miles now, still running as if bought yesterday. Ofcourse did do basic maintanace from time to time, had to change w pump and alternator recently and has some oil leaks. Great vehicle. I enjoy driving it everyday."

She is very reliable on the roads

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "fast, gas mileage, reliability, maint"

Cons: "parts are expensive, small interior, cup holders"

"my grandparents bought this car new in 1996 its a GXE Nissan Altima its a reliable vehicle it handles great, the fuel economy is at best. A/C is very ice cold especially since spring has begun I love this car might not be the prettiest car but overall the most reliable car I ever drove on the mountain highways. It still looks good from exterior and interior although there isn't much room inside but being a mid 1990s what expected. Car has been well maintained from Day 1 when my grandparents drove for 11 years before hand it down to me at the time was in college so I am driving as a weekend or gas saver vehicle bought two new vehicles they are nothing like my old faithful Altima its the best car will keep it for another 20,000 miles a great vehicle on the roads. The engine is very fast for being an compact car with excellent acceleration and great on gas love my car than ever."

great car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT TO DRIVE FUN RIDE"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I have had this car for 13 yrs and it is a great car! Comfortable , sporty to drive with lots of pick up. Fast as a jack rabbit or better yet a roadrunner. Costs little to maintain. Cler coat is a bit worn but interior space and seats are a blessing on long trips. was thinking of a Jetta but this won out Nice wood accents in interior huge truck and heater is much better than Toyota and AC is cold! COMFORTABLE PEPPY RELIABLE what more could oyu ask for."