1994 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

audi

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "good driving condition."

Cons: "yes ,cup holders"

"Love this car."

audi

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

"Love this car, time for a change.Good condition, brown, good running condition."

fantastic value and great ride

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Reason: time for a change

Pros: "Durable, comfortable, reliable car"

Cons: "Glove compartment small, cup holder blocks radio.."

"Got this car 11 years ago with only 26,000 miles and it now has over 160,000. Price from a private party was $7,000. It has a moon-roof and spoiler and was very stylish in the day. Only problem was I replaced the alternator 2x. Overall a great car that got worn down over the years and now it is time to move on. Nissan Altima's Rule!"

200,000 Plus Miles & Still Rollin'

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "DEPENDABLE! what else do you need?"

Cons: "turning radius definitely lacking on this model"

"Bought this 1997 Altima used with about 55,000 miles on it. We've been driving it for about 11 years now & that's a first for me! I am a driver as you can tell by the miles most cars only last me a year or two before they start falling apart. I don't mind maintenance costs on a good car but nickle and dime costs can make you crazy! We have never had this problem with this car! Last time we took it in for scheduled maintenance we thanked our mechanic for keeping it going as we had just passed the 200,000 mile mark. He smiled and said thanks! and you'll probably get another 100,000 out of her if we just keep doing what we're doing! Needless to say we love it!...and when the time does come to retire this car you can bet we'll be looking at whatever Nissan has to offer first!"

easy fixer upper

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Great car, runs well. Brand new breaks, 4 new tires, matinenced well, allignment was just done on the car. This car has power windows and locks. The radio is awesome, sound is good. Clean title, interior is good exterior isnt the prettiest but the car runs well. Has great gas mileage. Cons: Windows on driver side rattles and both passenger and driver windows sqeaks when they are rolled down. Timing belt maybe going out, and when turning the car knocks. Passenger speaker is blown, and a few stains in the back seat on the floor board."

She is very reliable on the roads

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "fast, gas mileage, reliability, maint"

Cons: "parts are expensive, small interior, cup holders"

"my grandparents bought this car new in 1996 its a GXE Nissan Altima its a reliable vehicle it handles great, the fuel economy is at best. A/C is very ice cold especially since spring has begun I love this car might not be the prettiest car but overall the most reliable car I ever drove on the mountain highways. It still looks good from exterior and interior although there isn't much room inside but being a mid 1990s what expected. Car has been well maintained from Day 1 when my grandparents drove for 11 years before hand it down to me at the time was in college so I am driving as a weekend or gas saver vehicle bought two new vehicles they are nothing like my old faithful Altima its the best car will keep it for another 20,000 miles a great vehicle on the roads. The engine is very fast for being an compact car with excellent acceleration and great on gas love my car than ever."

Never let you in the middle of the way

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, secure, engine last long time"

Cons: "No cup holders in the back, I can't find more cons"

"Great engine, confortable, I love this car because I haven't had to do any big repairs, economic in gas millage, wonderfull car"

great car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

great running car

"this is really a great car..i just recently brought it but looking for something like a mini van.it has some rust on it which can be repaired..it runs and have no problems with starting up..maybe need rear struts..i don't know..has 205000 miles mostly highway miles..im really looking for a even trade..has title in hand..if there is anything wrong with it I can assure you its minor..thank you.."

great running car

Good, solid commuter and kid car

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good price and reliable, decent mileage and power."

Cons: "cup holder poorly placed, oil filter poorly placed"

"I bought my 1995 Altima in 2002, it had 62,000 miles on it. I have put 133,000 more miles on it since then. Other than normal consumables such as brakes, alternators, batteries and plugs this car has been very dependable. I have never had starting issues with it. It has a specific problem with a consistent oil leak, which I was told was due to a design flaw in the bottom end of the engine, which uses a two part design that leaks where the sides meet together, and to fix it requires pulling the engine. If one is willing to live with a small leak, it is not a big deal. The cup holder is located in an unfortunate place right in front of the radio controls which is a pain. The windshield washer reservoir is also really big, which is nice because one doesn't have to constantly refill it. The cruise control buttons are also conveniently located."

great car

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "GREAT TO DRIVE FUN RIDE"

Cons: "none to speak of"

"I have had this car for 13 yrs and it is a great car! Comfortable , sporty to drive with lots of pick up. Fast as a jack rabbit or better yet a roadrunner. Costs little to maintain. Cler coat is a bit worn but interior space and seats are a blessing on long trips. was thinking of a Jetta but this won out Nice wood accents in interior huge truck and heater is much better than Toyota and AC is cold! COMFORTABLE PEPPY RELIABLE what more could oyu ask for."

She just won't quit

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Easy price, easy ride"

Cons: "Repair cost, age."

"I call her my somewhat reliable old lady. Minus a few major fixes (Seeing as the car is almost 20 years old, it's to be expected) this car has been nothing but amazing. Good gas mileage for a 1990's decade car, wonderful driving, just overall a good car. Just be prepared to sink some money into routine maintenance, and wear and tear repairs. I replaced the fuel distributor at 250k miles, and radiator at 270k. As I said, this old lady just keeps chugging."

First and reliable car

By on Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable car"

Cons: "it good"

"I bought this car in November 2012 145768 miles. I only did repair once, which was replacing one fuel injector. All I do was regular oil change, unfortunately I've accident on 7/20/13. I was not at fault."

Great vehicle, economical

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

"Great car, good gas milage"

Fuel-efficient, Reliable Plain Jane at Low Price

By on Saturday, March 30, 2013

Reason: Repairs exceeded value of car.

Pros: "Reliable, low maint, longevity, underrated, mpg's."

Cons: "Plain looking, no CD player."

"Owned this car between 2008-2013 (currently a 17-year-old car...amazing). Recent resell for $750 after purchasing a newer Nissan Sentra. Bought this car for $2000 (got a great deal) with well over 100K miles and drove it to 187K. True to its reputation, given the Consumer Reports "Good Bet" stamp of approval, this car doesn't owe me ANYTHING. Sure, I had to put about $1,000 or more into it during its last few years of ownership, but the cost of monthly car payments + full coverage insurance would have far exceeded the cost of repairs to keep this old girl bringing me safely to and from work, Mom and Dad's, Nebraska (twice), Green Bay (numerous times), Brainerd and everywhere in between. On the negative side, the CV axle boots are known for tearing and leaking lube, thus damaging the axle, which is about $200-300 repair per boot. This indeed happened and at this point, not worth the repair, as something else will kill the vehicle before anything serious happens to the axle. Got 24-31 mpg in the last 1.5-2 years of ownership. Replaced alternator, distributor, windshield wiper motor, EGR valve in the last few years. Needs a new R front spring, causing that tire to wear unevenly -- again, not worth the value of the vehicle at its age and mileage. Starts every time. Still has some zip in her. Handles corners like a champ. Rusting around rear wheel wells, nowhere else. No special treatment for this vehicle except regular oil changes and the occasional tune-up."

Best Car You Can Get

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"Pros: Reliable, Awesome, Smooth ride, bounces back nicely Cons: Doesn't accelerate incredibly fast My Purple 1995 Nissan Altima is the best car I could have ever asked for. Let me start out by saying this car is my baby. I do not have the ability in my heart to rate it any less than a ten. I bought it two years ago when I was 16, and it has served me loyally since then, and I hope for much longer still. Its pretty good on gas, I generally get about 20-22 mpg, not a hybrid, but definitely not a hummer. It accelerates slowly, which scares me a bit when I merge at high speeds, but I feel like my car is just there to say "hey, I'm car, and I'm here to take you where you need to be" nothing more, nothing less. And he's always delivered on that promise. Twice he's randomly become ridiculously loud when I started him, which turned out to be the exhaust falling down, which I got fixed for free at Maaco each time, all they needed to do was weld the pipe back up. In two years its also twice needed a $200 repair, for a total, minus my car accident, about $500 in repairs put into the car that I got for $1800. I also crashed it, rear ended someone at about 40 miles per hour. My bad. But he took it like a champ, even though police declared the car totaled and towed it to a junkyard without my permission, but when I went to say goodbye and saw him in a pile of used up cars waiting to be turned into cubes, I knew I couldn't let him go. He didn't deserve that. It wasn't his fault. It took about $1700 in repairs, but he powered through it, and he got a brand spanking new purple paint job out of it. Now he looks great and feels great too. He looks like a brand new car, if it were 1995. But that's good enough for me. I've since gotten him some new speakers, and we jam out all the time together. His antenna doesn't go down anymore, but that's just because hes always ready to party. His seats are comfortable and welcoming and offer and smooth comfy ride home from a tough day. He was the best first car I could ask for, and I plan on being with him until either he or I can't go any further in this life. He's made me a Nissan person for life, and a purple car person for life. Here's to you, purple people eater. The best car I'll ever have."

Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth

By on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious interior for a compact"

Cons: "Reliability, gas mileage, seat comfort, looks"

"This was my 2nd car, got it in the summer of 2003. First off, let me say I hated this car and I am so glad I no longer have to drive around in it. I normally like to list the bad things first but I'll start with the good things because it's a much shorter list. The interior was very nice and spacious and most of the materials were of pretty good quality. Not a fan of the faux wood trim but to each his own. The ride was pretty smooth and generally comfortable. Now onto the bad. By today's standards this car did not age well and is pretty darn ugly. Even back then this car wasn't much of a looker. When I sat in the car I always felt like I was sitting on the ground, and I hate that feeling. Visibility was pretty good despite that. When I got this car it was already around 6 years old but from the moment I got it til the day I traded it in, it was nothing but problem after problem. Major stuff too. The worst was when my entire exhaust system just fell to the ground while pulling out of my driveway. The entire piping literally just fell to the ground. I thought the engine was about to explode. One more major downside was gas mileage. Want to know what I got? 13 mpg. Yeah that's right. It was a 4-cylinder and I did not have a lead foot when I drove it. My commute was about 50% city 50% highway during the years I owned it. 13 mpg is abysmal, especially for this car. It's not like I was a Hummer. This was considered a compact car back then. So if none of that turned you off, then sure go right ahead and get one of these. At best it got me to and from work and college. At worst it felt like a ticking time bomb that sucked money out of my pockets for gas. Too bad this was my first experience owning a Nissan, as it may have tarnished my image of the brand for good."

Good on gas, good commuter

By on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pros: "Great commuter car; great on gas!"

Cons: "Basic design, older features"

"I bought my 1997 Nissan Altima almost two years ago, and the previous owners failed to repair many things on the car, and the car also had some prior body damage on it. Overall the Nissan is great on gas meaning you can put $20-$25 worth of gas with today's current prices and it lasts me at least a week or a little longer and my commute is typically 30 minutes to an hour or longer depending on traffic. I had several repairs done on the car like rebuilt transmisson, struts, brakes, radiator,etc. Well now my Altima has been sitting silent in the driveway a week because it looks like now needs a timing chain; that's' major and ridiculously expensive so I'm parting ways now;gonna try to get what I can for it, and keep it moving and get me a much newer vehicle; I've broken down atleast three times this year on the highway and its just too much now to deal with. I can say with all the issues with the car not to mention its got multiple leaks it has been great commuter car and after you fill up the tank,the car rides smooth and fast (unbelievable) for a car this old and again many mechanical issues.I'm really gonna miss it but I just can't bear to look at it sitting all alone anymore.. I would really only recommend this year car and model to people who work close to home not in stop and go traffic, or for college students again not having long commute times just going back and forth on campus or to malls, movies, etc."

Decent vehicle, cheap on gas and repairs.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Cheap, drives well, good on gas"

Cons: "not the best looking car, noisy if neglected."

"Compared to the repair costs of other vehicles from the same year, this car is relatively cheap. It runs well even while having several issues under the hood. As a certified technician, I can say this is one of the easiest cars I have ever worked on. Some spots are a bit tight to get to depending on what you're replacing/ repairing, but it's manageable overall. The particular altima that I own was totaled before I got it. The entire front end was cut off and replaced, frame and all (you can see the welding marks on the frame) but it still runs fine. These vehicles are also great on gas. $20 in gas will get me back and forth to work for almost 2 weeks. These cars will develop a LOT of rattling noises over time if improperly cared for. Usually this can be attributed to motor mounts being bad and sending vibrations through the rest of the car. The dash on these cars are made of really cheap material and will warp over time, causing even more noise. If taken care of properly though, you can eliminate the noise problems. If you need a cheap and dependable car that can still haul a few people at the same time, this is a great choice overall."

Very nice starter vehicle

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, ride, reliability, comfort"

Cons: "rear seat space, cup holder placement,"

"I just got this 95 Altima in December, but in that time I can tell it will be around for a while. I bought from a private owner who neglected the car and repairs are adding up. Despite the abuse, this little Nissan rides so nice. I am impressed that with all the issues the vehicle has it drives as if nothing is wrong with it. I do not like that I have put almost 2200 in this car in repairs, but that is from previous abuse and neglect. I had to do things like motor mounts, rack and pinion boots, flex pipe,sway bars,and sensors, basically little things that add up but for a 17 year old car, there are no major issues with it. My job is a 32 mile round trip and the gas needle hardly moves afterwards. Even with today's gas prices it is not expensive to fill up($40 will give you a full tank). I am happy to see that it always starts up when I see newer cars on the side of the road. The car is very comfortable and seats are supportive. Backseat space could be better but this is a compact car. I have 125,000 miles I know I can get at least 200,000 out of this car. Thank you Nissan for making such a reliable vehicle."

Good Commuter Car!

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great mpg, fun to drive!"

Cons: "Hub Caps don't stay on"

"I've had this car for 9 years and am in it often - it's been on a few road trips and has done great! Comfortable to drive, minimal issues that have needed attention. Only cosmetic problems have been paint and the hub caps don't stay on. I've been getting 22-23 mpg in town, up to 34 highway. Great commuter or first car."

See if you qualify for