1994 Nissan Altima

8.3

Based on 220 Ratings for the 1993 - 1997 models.

Very nice starter vehicle

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "fuel economy, ride, reliability, comfort"

Cons: "rear seat space, cup holder placement,"

"I just got this 95 Altima in December, but in that time I can tell it will be around for a while. I bought from a private owner who neglected the car and repairs are adding up. Despite the abuse, this little Nissan rides so nice. I am impressed that with all the issues the vehicle has it drives as if nothing is wrong with it. I do not like that I have put almost 2200 in this car in repairs, but that is from previous abuse and neglect. I had to do things like motor mounts, rack and pinion boots, flex pipe,sway bars,and sensors, basically little things that add up but for a 17 year old car, there are no major issues with it. My job is a 32 mile round trip and the gas needle hardly moves afterwards. Even with today's gas prices it is not expensive to fill up($40 will give you a full tank). I am happy to see that it always starts up when I see newer cars on the side of the road. The car is very comfortable and seats are supportive. Backseat space could be better but this is a compact car. I have 125,000 miles I know I can get at least 200,000 out of this car. Thank you Nissan for making such a reliable vehicle."

She just won't quit

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "Easy price, easy ride"

Cons: "Repair cost, age."

"I call her my somewhat reliable old lady. Minus a few major fixes (Seeing as the car is almost 20 years old, it's to be expected) this car has been nothing but amazing. Good gas mileage for a 1990's decade car, wonderful driving, just overall a good car. Just be prepared to sink some money into routine maintenance, and wear and tear repairs. I replaced the fuel distributor at 250k miles, and radiator at 270k. As I said, this old lady just keeps chugging."

Good Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

"This is a really great car! It wont stop running i swear! i recently went into a ditch because of a serious ice storm in the midwest and my car was pulled out (front end in ditch) and it just went right along without any problems. This car does have a slight tendency to lose hubcaps but i found a set that stays on nicely... Never had any major mechanical problems and this thing runs like a tank! great car for teens, although the styling is a bit outdated, what can you expect from 1994?"

Very reliable

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Owned since 02, have over 160k now with only a bad alternator at 140k. Other than that nothing ever goes wrong with this car, extremely reliable. Great car. Had in europe for 4 years, drove in all types of conditions and constant high speeds on autobahn. Now back in the states and nothing has changed with this car. Still runs and drives the same when I bought her. All I ever do is change the oil. Never burns any oil and doesnt even have any leaks. 2.4L is very tough and is in many nissan applications. I've even seen this engine in a kuwaiti nissan van. Little work van with a manual, really fun to drive, would drive circles in the deep sand around our 4wd six passenger chevy truck. Great vehicle although nissans quality seems to be going down a little with the newer vehicles which really seems to be the same with every car manufacturer. Have a newer pathfinder and have had a few more problems than i'd like. Big quality difference between my 97 altima and my 06 pathy. I'd still buy nissan though. So if you're looking for a cheap, reliable, fuel efficient ride, an older altima or newer even is your ticket. Great car, but you can't have mine, bet this car will go 300k with hardly any problems. I really don't even drive it that nicely. I really do wish I could buy american, you know help out America with the economic crisis, but until their quality is equal to that of a jap vehicle, I won't be. Don't have the money to be putting parts into an American car all the time. And yes most of my family has American cars and there's always someone in my family having to dump a ton of money into them. The most maintenance related exspenses I spend on my altima is 20 bucks every 5k for oil and filter. And even my pathy hasn't cost me but maybe 150 bucks for non routine maintenance items which I did myself. My aunt and uncle had to drop 3g's into their s-10 with 50k b/c it threw a rod, and they always have the dealership service their vehicles. But on the other hand they have an old s-10 with 200k and mainly just had tranny problems, somewhat big problems but not as bad as their newer s-10. Gramps has a F-150 and had to take in into the dealership for a bunch of little things, but it seems like it's a monthly thing, and it's an 08. Anyways, getting way off track, altima is a great car, don't hesitate buying one as long as it was serviced like it's supposed to."

Awesome

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This car at 134000 miles is runnin smoothly, on the highway at high speeds. havent had any oil problems or ne other problems. probably the best used car i have purchased"