2014 Nissan 370Z Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,731 - $28,657.

10/7.5

9.4

Based on 95 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

More pros than cons

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Gorgeous and powerful"

Cons: "Interior lacking"

"Love the look, power and handling! I'm very disappointed with the interior for the cost. No bluetooth and only two speakers."

Lots of fun to drive!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Lots of fun to drive"

Cons: "has some blind spots"

"I purchased this car and absolutely love it. Lots of fun to drive especially in the mountains and an places where you can open it up. Excellent gas mileage considering what it is. On 2 trips of approx 1000 miles each averaged 27-29 miles per gallon and that was not being a conservative driver (doing speed limit)."

In my mind this is the perfect sports car!!

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "Great looks, great ride for a great price!"

"I've owned several sports cars in my life but this one out did all of them. For the price, there is no sports car on the market that performs and looks as great as this one."

Sexy, Stylish and fun

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Styling, performance, price, fun"

Cons: "Poor rearward visibility, road noise, storage room"

"Remember that this is a pure sports car, so lets not knock off points for passenger room, MPG and such. The good: 1. The styling, engineering and design are top notch. Quality, finish and fit are also excellent. 2. Performance is great...handling, acceleration, stopping power and top end. 3. Very reliable and maintenance costs are reasonable. 4. A good value for what you get. The bad: 1. Rear visibility is poor. 2. Hatch area is too small. 3. Road noise from tires. 4. Clutch is a little noisy when releasing in 1st and 2nd gear. 5. No interior hatch release. Overall a great sports car. There are lots of aftermarket upgrades if you want more performance or for appearance. Really most complaints are nitpicking. If you want a high performance Japanese sports car for a reasonable price it cannot be beat."

Can't go wrong with a Nissan Z

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Quick, Responsive handling and good looking"

Cons: "Limited trunks space."

"Driving a Z370 is fun and it turns heads. It is quick and responsive. I owned Tiburons, Excort GTs and a Camaro SS and my Z is by far my favorite car. I owned a Z350 and never hesitated to buy another Z when the time came for a new car. And, I plan to buy another when I'm ready for my next new car. I like the two seater configuration and the limited trunk space is a fair trade off for the Z's looks and handling. Afterall, you don't buy a performance car to haul groceries! I think the Z meets the needs of owning a performance car, whether it's your first performance car or you've driven and owned performanace cars in the past. And, I think it's a good value for price."

Fun car

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"This is my 4th nissan z car I have owned a 260zx turbo, 350z convertable, a 2009 370z convertable and now this 2012 370z convertable roadster and is a very exciting & fun car to drive. This car handles well with the top up or down. Love this car!"

Awesome

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Pros: "Fast and fun to drive"

Cons: "Blind spot when top is up"

"I love this car!!!!! Great smooth ride and very quiet for a convertible."

one of my best cars in about 10 I've owned

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Great styling, really powerful."

Cons: "Just the balky synchro in first to second."

"Very reliable and fun to drive. Great build quality. Unbelievable value for the money. Resale holds up well too. Takes a while to master a somewhat notchy clutch/transmission combo; but not a deal breaker by any means. Would buy another if they ever change the style. Great Japanese engineering and quality. Except for a somewhat imperfect first to second synchromesh connection. Otherwise, would recommend to anyone."

FUN CAR!!!

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "What a blast"

Cons: "I don't drive in winter/wet weather"

"Love the beast!!"

Fun

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Great handling...good power...fun to drive."

Cons: "Poor visability...high road/tire noise."

"Purchased vehicle new and it's been fun to drive and own. Value as far as bang 4 the buck is high. Has performance to match more expensive brands. Handles great and more than adequate power. I avg. 20 mpg in a typical week...mostly work commute. Major cons would be high level of road/tire noise as not much noise deadening was used in wheel wells."

Continuous Problems

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "nice looking car, fun to drive"

Cons: "continuous problems with manual transmissions"

"Purchased new. Excessive oil consumption=engine replacement while under warranty (not uncommon), routine Concentric Slave Cylinder failure (will leave you stranded with no previous warning)causes clutch pedal to remain stuck on the floor and the car left immobile. Repair to this product is in excess of $1000.00, and may fail again within low mileage. Steering Wheel locking mechanism replaced while under warranty (vehicle recall). On a good note, the car starts without interruptions but is unreliable because of routine problems with the concentric slave cylinder. If buying a Z, buy the automatic transmission, as you will definitely have problems with the standard transmission."

Absolutely love this car

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, Looks, Handling, Driveability"

Cons: "Road noise (it IS a sports car)"

"Waited almost a year for my dealer to find me exactly what I wanted, and couldn't be happier with it. So much fun to drive, Tons of power for a small car and handles incredibly. I get alot of comments on its appearance, because you don't see them everyday, and its such a sexy car in Black cherry."

Outstanding value

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Cons: "No heated steering wheel."

"Bought my car new in 2009 and I still own it. I've been impressed by every aspect of the car. I purchased the sports package and all Canadian models have the LSD, etc so the only upgrades are the sports and navigation packages. I daily drive this car during the spring/summer/fall and put her away during the winter months. I've taken it to the track and auto X and everyone ridding shot gun was blown away by how it handles. For some reason the 2009 model didn't come with heated side mirrors. I'd also like the option of a heated steering wheel but other than that there isn't anything else I don't like about the car."

I love the way my Z handles.

By on Friday, February 28, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty looks, handling"

Cons: "Limited trunk space, but enough for a suitcase."

Love the look!

"I have owned this car for two years and love it. I especially like the ride and handling. The suspension is tight and for a convertible, is very quiet. I wanted one with a stow away top, an this one is great. I do not drive it during the winter, but love it all other times of year. I receive compliments on the car every time I take it out. I drove it from Virginia to Florida this past summer, and then my wife and I drove it from Central Florida to Key West and back, and we both loved it, especially when we could put the top down. Was fun cruising around Key West. If not for this trip, it would have only 5,000 miles on it. Great acceleration for the highway. Comfortable ride."

Love the look!

Car looks sporty but not reliable

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Looks good, has power no soul"

Cons: "Oil consumtion, lots of mechanical failures $$"

"I thought I found my dream sporty car to find out it had no soul. It looks good, very sporty but boy have I been in for a big disappointment. Going on 12K had to change the engine because it was consuming oil. Then came the clutch sticking down, then the heater core replacement and little things that matter, like the cruise light sticks. I think I got a bad batch on this model or Nissan has no concern for quality and reliability. The service department is terrible in customer service and quality control-you have to follow-up on the repairs or can get killed-ex missing the link screw for the gear removal. Overall total disappointment for a good looking car."

a driver's car

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "race car performance but very streetible"

"Previously, I had a 2003 350z for eight years and bought the 370z without hesitation. If you are a 'driver' this car is the best bang for your buck. Plenty of power (330 Hp) and handles like its on rails. Its quick as a cat and looks great sitting still. I don't think you can beat it at this price for performance, styling, handling and smiles per mile."

Awesome car

By on Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pros: "smooth drive and super fun"

Cons: "expensive to purchase"

"The only thing I don't like about my car is that it is a 2 seater, but I knew this going in to it obviously. I love my car, it is such a smooth ride and so fun to drive. Sometimes when I walk up to it in a parking lot I just say to myself DANG that is a pretty car. Favorite car I have ever owned!"

Nize.... FUN Z34

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Styling, Powerful, good handling, comfort"

Cons: "Small boot and compartment, excessive cabin noise"

"I love this car. It has all the bell and whizz my 300ZX doesn't have. Incredible road tracking, handling, power, and electronic gadgets. Pro. + Styling, Powerful engine, handling, level of comfort Con. - Big booty on the outside (small inside), somewhat high level of road noise in cabin area, small glove compartment. I have a lot more space in my 300ZX. Overall, it is an ideal and a true breed sport coupe. Run ride and awesome handling machine."

What a ride for the money

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Great price Handling is great"

Cons: "coupe stock radio and speakers suck upgrade"

"The coupe is the best car I've purchased. What a value. Ride is so smooth quick and responds. Fun to drive anywhere. They could of put a better radio in the coupe. This Z is so quiet compared to the old Z s"

I own a 2013 and I love it!

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "fast for cheap, handles really well, nice interior"

Cons: "space is limited but not bad"

"I own a gun metallic 2013 370z coupe with the sport package. I have about 6,000 miles on the car and I love it. I am a bigger guy who is 6'3 and about 225 pounds and I fit in the car with no problems comfortably. I find the space in the trunk is often more than enough or two people or running to get some groceries. I love the look of the car and all I did was put on the stillen long tube cold air intakes and I have the same horsepower (about 350hp) as the NIMSO 370z for way less money than a NISMO. My dad has a mustang GT and every time I go home he just says how good looking it is and that he doesn't see as many on the road as the mustang GT. My girlfriend loves the car and likes to be seen in it. So far it has been great and I have people ask me about the car sometimes at gas stations and store parking lots, so it seems people really like it. It's over all a great sports car with similar performance stats for less money then a BMW M3, an Audi TTS, a corvette, camaro, challenger, or the mustang GT."

Buy it if you love the Z Line period

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Frightening your passenger sometimes"

The day I brought it home. Raining...:)

"It's like this, you can't possibly tell a Lamborghini or Porsche owner that another car is better simply because they know in their minds it's for them and the best car out there. (Ok, we'll include the BMW and Mercedes owners, too) Just like the Z line of cars from Nissan. You have a history to enjoy if you truly follow your car purchase like I do. I'm convinced that certain cars are top of the line even if you like the Infiniti line. You would never buy an Infiniti if you love the Z car and visa-versa with the Infiniti. You have to love it...that's it and without question. Reviewing the Z I bought, it was a touring edition (the very best way to enjoy this car is touring) and most people shy away from the price or do not have enough credit to even come close to getting one. So, for the Touring you will get very close or over $60k as a final price for purchase. That's right, PURCHASE. It makes a point that I love the car so much that I bought instead of leasing (yes you can lease it). But it is sooo well worth it. This car handles like a dream even though it's rear wheel but you better be a very good driver to make this car perform at a high rate of speed and this car can take off on just about every car out there and some with higher hp because it's quicker and lighter and has a little thing called Rev Match (only in auto mode shifting with Touring). As most of us weave through traffic like they are standing still (no way you can do that in a Vette) you will get good and bad looks. I always engcourage my fellow Z owners th drive with the headlights on because it looks soo sweet and when people see you coming they tend to get out of the way. You will probably get a few speeding tickets but there's nothing like driving this car just the way it is. I mean no modifications have been done on my Z at all. I just plan to tint the windows. When you start to drive on the highway, I suggest no music and just listen to the car. It sounds wonderful. And the acceleration control that you have will definitely get you in the mood. an enthusiasts dream!! I'm definitely keeping my Z, and I followed the Skyline editions too and I plan to buy a GTR in 2014. I'm an official Z Car owner and it's the best, ever. A TRUE NISSAN FAN!!!"

The day I brought it home. Raining...:)

More fun than a Corvette

By on Monday, January 21, 2013

Pros: "Looks exotic, a blast to drive, you don't see many"

Cons: "Little storage, fragile front spoiler, loud tires"

"I bought a new 2012 370 Nismo Z last January and it is the most entertaining car I have ever owned. With the wing and different fromt end and 19" wheels, don't drive it if you don't like attention. It is very fast and handles like a dream. Traction control and synchro rev match make it even better. OK, now for the bad: The Bose stereo was not available in 2012, but is in 2013. The original tires were terrible! They were so loud, I could not hear my radio, and they were showing cord at 12K miles. Beware of curbs and steep driveways. Gas mileage is not great, and precious little storage space. But! I LOVE this car! I look forward to driving it to work every day!"

A rocket that hugs the road.

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "fast, hugs the road,stylish, price"

Cons: "road noise"

"I love this car. If you like curvy country roads it's a blast. If you love speed and not the price of the elite this is the car for you. Going 70 on expressway and stepping on it and being thrown back in your seat is a feeling that is just not describable. It has a bit of road noise but since I only drive in the summer with the top down the majority of the time it doesnt matter.. Stylish and an eye catcher, top up or down I always get looks. Loaded with options, some of which I havent even used yet. plenty of room in the trunk but no cargo space in the cab. I love this car and if you have a chance to drive one dont pass it up."

From technical data to the road little faults

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "Synchronized rev matching"

Cons: "A better exhaust note would be nice."

"I bought the 2011 Tutoring sport 370Z. With the sport package the 370Z can pull one G on the skid pad, Ferrari Enzo can do it in 1.05 G. Translated into real-world scenario that would be going 60 mph around a standard new condition Cloverleaf style freeway exit, weather permitted. I would say the acceleration is better than most and good for the city but the handling is super car quality. Definitely a turnkey race car that can only be truly appreciated at a race car track. However the real world Road worthiness of this car allows someone to drive to the track in In relative comfort and be competitive once there."

A lot of Sports car for the price.

By on Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pros: "Best Z ever as far a sportiness and fun to drive"

Cons: "N/A yet... good dealer support if ever needed."

"I have owned several of the Nissan Z cars, and this is by far the sportiest of all Z cars. When you consider what you get verses other cars in this class and slightly above in pricing. You simply get more with the 370Z. Overall fun car to drive fast, you need to be aware of what the car can deliver and the way it handles. Equipped well the roadster has the touring and sport packages, see the long list of equipment, including larger brakes and calipers, 19" Ray wheels, there really is not much more you need for a sports car in this class."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next