2012 Nissan 370Z

9.4

Based on 100 Ratings for the 2009 - 2016 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

From technical data to the road little faults

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pros: "Synchronized rev matching"

Cons: "A better exhaust note would be nice."

"I bought the 2011 Tutoring sport 370Z. With the sport package the 370Z can pull one G on the skid pad, Ferrari Enzo can do it in 1.05 G. Translated into real-world scenario that would be going 60 mph around a standard new condition Cloverleaf style freeway exit, weather permitted. I would say the acceleration is better than most and good for the city but the handling is super car quality. Definitely a turnkey race car that can only be truly appreciated at a race car track. However the real world Road worthiness of this car allows someone to drive to the track in In relative comfort and be competitive once there."

Like driving a go kart!

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

"Excellent performance, haven't found a corner yet that would be a challenge for this car to take. Took on a Porsche Cayman and stayed right on his bumper...of course I don't CONDONE that type of driving. Only drawback I've experienced is all the kids keep trying to get me to race them, and it gets annoying, that and there isn't much space in the "trunk"?! But it's a 370Z I didn't buy it to be a grocery getter. BUY THIS CAR You'll LOVE it!"

Sexy strong

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "great looks and performance"

Cons: "none really, its a sports car"

A head turner everywhere you go.

"Great looking car. Performance and comfort are tops for a sports car. Much more rare than Vettes."

A head turner everywhere you go.

Japanese Corvette-outstanding in the corners

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "great bang for the buck"

"After a year I still cannot believe how well this car handles.It is loud and rough and a blast to drive!"

Good job Nissan

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "great bang for the buck"

Cons: "road noise.. stock tires"

"after test driving 5 different makes n models this stood out.. very well put together.. none of the cheap plastic feel you get with the other sports cars in this price range"

Beware of original tires

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Cost a lot but makes me smile; always complimented"

Cons: "useless dash board gauges"

"This is my second "Z" and both needed new tires by 12000 miles. When they redesigned the interior from the 350 to 370 they removed my favorite features like the digital speedometer and the flat tire indicator with individual tire pressure guages. The font on the navigation is too small. Also there is a big "blind spot" issue when trying to look behind you. But still, I love my "Z"."

Do not miss my BMW at all! Love this awesome car!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Solid, fun to drive, great looking"

Cons: "Some outside noise as expected with soft top"

"I have very much enjoyed driving this car. Even after having a BMW, Audi, Lexus and misc. other vehicles, this has been my favorite. It is an absolutely solid vehicle, and exudes quality. So many compliments on this car! Combine that with the price as compared with other sport convertibles and you also have a great value."

Turns heads everywhere you go.

By on Friday, April 22, 2011

"I bought the Nismo in the winter in IL. I was concerned about driving the car in the winter, but I just changed the tires and was able to drive in the snow. I couldn't wait to drive the car on a clean road with out snow. And WOW what a great sport car. And for the price, I compare the Nismo to a Porsche and people on the road have stop me to ask me about the car. I Love it."

Must own or at least test drive

By on Tuesday, March 01, 2011

"I owned a 2008 350z and traded up for the 370z. Biggest difference is the keyless start & the increase in HP, which is nice. No more trying to stuff a key in and scratching up the interior. Also the option of the Euro fog lamp is a must. Only one in KC I know of that has the option and the car is a head turner. Sexy lines and plenty of HP for a car under 3400lbs"

By on Saturday, January 08, 2011

DID YOU WANT A SPORT CAR?

By on Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"THIS IS A TRUE SPORT CAR FOR SOMEONE THAT WANT TO SPENT LESS THEN 50,000. I HEAR PEOPLE TALK ABOUT COMFORT, ROAD NOISE, NON LEATHER SEATS,ETC,ETC,ETC. IT A SPORTS CAR,IT UNDER 50,000....LIVE WITH IT.AT 19 I GOT MY FIRST SPORT MUSLE CAR:1970,350,CAMARO. I AM NOW 55 AND WANT ONE FOR THE ROAD, MY 2010, PLAMTUIM 370 TOURING ALL THE WAY LIVE 370 NISSAN. I LIKE IT!"

Nismo Driver

By on Monday, October 25, 2010

"Cool car, but I wish it had leather interior after having it a while now. Twin Turbo upgrade would make it top notch and even make me forget about the leather wish. The Nismo is a lot of fun to drive, but does ride fairly rough compared to other vehicles I've owned. It responds well to the gas pedal and handlign overall is pretty responsive."

Everything good about the 350Z.. Amplified.

By on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pros: "Great fun, massive improvement over the 350Z"

Cons: "Some small details that could use improvement"

"I'm a car guy. I've owned everything from a classic 1970s BMW to a turbocharged Toyota road racer, Nissan 240SX, a mid 80s Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86 - the one that new Scion is supposed to be a successor to), and modified Jaguar along with a few other cars along the way. I came into the buying process with a few simple criteria: the car I was going to buy needed to be a sporty coupe with great driving dynamics that would be just as home on the occasional track day as it would be cruising the interstate. More importantly, it had to cost $45,000 or less and be a suitable daily driver. Finally, it had to look and sound great. Quite a tall order, but a few cars came to mind as suitable candidates. I wasn't particularly concerned with practicality since I am a young single guy. No family or large pets to haul around, so this would be the time to take advantage and get something cool. Beside the 370Z I also considered the Ford Mustang GT, Chevy Camaro SS, a used Porsche Cayman S (2007-2009), BMW 335i sedan, and Hyundai Genesis coupe. I test drove each car and found the Z to be the best combination of the elements I was looking for. The BMW, although not a coupe, was considered due to it's impressive and well known handling dynamics. When it came down to it, once you started to spec it out, the price quickly ballooned out of control. Along with the extra set of doors I wasn't really looking for, that was enough to cross it off the list. The Porsche Cayman is an incredible machine. It's everything the 911 used to be, without the idiotically placed engine. Brand new this car was far out of my price range but it could be had for well under $45k if purchased used. Unfortunately, there are some problems with this. Even the best examples I could find never had less than 50,000 miles and were already starting to show signs of wear. The interior is also way too clinical and German looking, not to mention somewhat cheap feeling. The rear spoiler extends when you go above 75 mph, alerting all those around you that you are breaking the law and then some policemen will come to write you many tickets. This would not be fun. It blows every other car on my list out of the water in terms of the way it drives but unfortunately, a suitable example couldn't be found for my $45,000 budget within 1000 miles of me. The Mustang and Camaro were obvious choices as cars that are known for punching well above their weight class. After driving the Camaro I found that I hated nearly everything about it: the steering, the interior, and the fact that you could barely see anything out of it in any direction. The thirsty 6.2 liter V8, while very nice sounding, would not be very kind to my wallet. That and way too many people drive them in southern California and Las Vegas. If comparing these two muscle cars, I thought the Mustang was miles better than the Camaro. It handled amazingly well despite it's live rear axle handicap, the 5.0 liter V8 provided an incredible soundtrack, and the interior was quite a bit nicer looking than the Camaro's. This car came the closest of all to being parked in my garage in the Z's spot. Lastly the Genesis. It seemed like too good of a potential value to pass on without at least test driving. It looks pretty similar to the Z. It has a big V6 just like the Z (but with less power), big Brembo brakes and sticky wheels/tires just like the Z, and was the cheapest of the bunch. This car reminded me of the older 350Z which I had driven many times; lots of good qualities but lacking in refinement. I think this should be an awesome car in another generation or two of it's development. Overall it just lacked the character, build quality, and that special feeling you get when you really start to wring out a car that I was looking for. So why did I pick the Z over all the others? It's quite good looking, for starters. The body's curves are much more exotic and sleek looking than any of the other cars. The 3.7 liter V6 delivers it's peak torque at 5200 rpm and peak horsepower north of 7000 rpm which hints at the way this car was meant to be driven. It loves to be revved, and you will always be happy to oblige. Although it doesn't feel as smooth as it could be at the highest points of the rpm range, it certainly delivers the best sounds in the V6 business. Which brings me to my next point: it's a V6, not a thirsty V8 (although it still requires premium fuel). 332 horsepower is more than enough to get you into a fair bit of trouble, but at least there isn't a stupid spoiler that will give you away when you let the speed get away from you a bit. I made sure that my car was equipped with the sport package and 6 speed manual transmission. The syncro-rev transmission feature is absolutely brilliant and will make even the most lazy driver seem like a superstar behind the wheel. 7000 miles into owning the car, it still works perfectly and I've kept it on about 99% of the time. So the driving dynamics were pretty much what I wanted them to be, and so was the price. It looks especially pretty in the Black Cherry paint that I opted for and 19" Rays forged wheels that came standard with the sport package and draws numerous compliments on a regular basis. If you have ever looked in the trunk of a 350Z, you'll notice that any cargo you may put in it will be quickly guillotined by the massive rear strut brace right in the middle of the trunk. This was moved forward in the 370Z, which makes the trunk space much more usable. I play golf and ice hockey as well as occasionally enjoy weekend camping trips. The large rear hatch easily gobbles up all of my gear without issue. Now obviously this is not a perfect car and after living with it on a daily basis for the last 6 months and 7000 miles I do have a number of complaints. Here they are: -Seats and door panels: My car is equipped with the sport package only, meaning no leather seats and no GPS. The door panels are also made of cloth, rather than the much nicer suede of the touring models. That black cloth is impossible to keep clean. Every time you open your door and push against it, your hand leaves a mark on it. You constantly have to wipe it down with a damp cloth to keep it clean. This gets old after about a week of owning the car. While the seats are fairly comfortable even on longer drives, they could use a little more bolstering given this car's cornering capabilities. If you rest your head against the headrest, you can feel the interior support structure slightly pushing against your mid back which makes the seats feel somewhat cheap. The seats and door panels mar an otherwise good looking interior (much nicer than the old 350Z). Some leather door panels and custom leather Recaro seats are in my vehicle's future in order to rectify these issues. They will be pricey upgrades but will make a huge difference in the overall impression the car will give. -Visibility: there is barely any out of the rear of this car. The rear window is so small that almost half of your rearview mirror is filled with the black trim of the interior rather than a view out of the car. The blind spots are also pretty massive, given that you can't actually see anything out of the tiny windows behind the door windows. Backing out of parking spots is particularly challenging. I am hoping that installing a backup camera will help mitigate some of the visibility problems. Forward visibility and to the sides is very good though, so if you're careful and use those big side mirrors effectively you'll be fine. -Traction control: While I do enjoy the fact that the traction control is much simpler than the German counterparts in my comparison (it is simply "ON" or "OFF"), I'm not crazy about the way it works. When the traction control is on, it's very quick to jump in and cut the engine's power when it detects even the slightest hint of wheelspin. The result can end up feeling a little jerky when driving around. Turning it off makes the fun factor go up ten fold. This is a car that will understeer if you go into a corner too hot, but that problem is always easily sorted out with a healthy dose of throttle which brings the tail around beautifully into power oversteer. This is all well and good but if you aren't careful, you could very quickly end up wrapped around a tree. One must also consider the price of replacing those rear tires if you spend too much time sliding around all over the place. Typically I drive the car with the traction control off to avoid the jerkiness of having it engaged, I am just careful not to feed it too much throttle on the street because that almost always quickly turns into a spectacular drift. Great on the racetrack and for your ego, not so great when Johnny Law is watching. -The triple gauges on the center dash: you can't see them very well during the day when they aren't backlit. They look cool at night, but are pointless in daylight. -The fuel level gauge and water temp gauge: Again, they look cool at night but are totally pointless when daylight is shining on them. I think I'd prefer gauges that matched the speedo and tach rather than the LED layout it uses. Tinting my windows helped with this problem. Overall, there are very few downsides to this car. It does everything you ask of it beautifully, looks fantastic, and is very quick. There are a few small issues but this car's virtues far outweigh any shortcomings I have discovered in owning it. After having to live with my decision on a daily basis for over 6 months, I am happy to say that I would still make the same choice if given the option. As someone who has had the privilege of driving many amazing cars over the years I can say that the 370Z will undoubtedly go down as one of the greats on the list of cars I've owned."

WOW!!!!! What a absolute blast to drive!!

By on Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pros: "handeling,mpg,great price for the technology"

Cons: "only 1. When I arrive @ home and have to get out!"

"After the first test drive a knew I had to own one. Spent months researching EVERY car out there! Drove my wife crazy talking about how AWESOME this car would be to own. Finally bought it and NOT disappointed one bit. Handles like a dream and the pick up on it is insane. Gets up to 100 in a hurry. My wife wanted to see how fast it could go so I pushed it to 120 with no effort and it just wanted to go faster! It's like sitting in the cockpit of a jet. And I always get compliments on it when I'm out and thumbs up. I get tired of kids wanting to race me all the time though. I use it as a daily driver and its really comfortable. There is road noise but who cares, its a sports car not a luxury car! Buy a Caddie if you want quiet. I have the sport package and it delivers!!!! I am getting a solid 24 mpg on my commute to and from work 44 miles round trip and around 350 miles per tank, a big surprise considering its built for speed. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!!"

Buy it if you love the Z Line period

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Frightening your passenger sometimes"

The day I brought it home. Raining...:)

"It's like this, you can't possibly tell a Lamborghini or Porsche owner that another car is better simply because they know in their minds it's for them and the best car out there. (Ok, we'll include the BMW and Mercedes owners, too) Just like the Z line of cars from Nissan. You have a history to enjoy if you truly follow your car purchase like I do. I'm convinced that certain cars are top of the line even if you like the Infiniti line. You would never buy an Infiniti if you love the Z car and visa-versa with the Infiniti. You have to love it...that's it and without question. Reviewing the Z I bought, it was a touring edition (the very best way to enjoy this car is touring) and most people shy away from the price or do not have enough credit to even come close to getting one. So, for the Touring you will get very close or over $60k as a final price for purchase. That's right, PURCHASE. It makes a point that I love the car so much that I bought instead of leasing (yes you can lease it). But it is sooo well worth it. This car handles like a dream even though it's rear wheel but you better be a very good driver to make this car perform at a high rate of speed and this car can take off on just about every car out there and some with higher hp because it's quicker and lighter and has a little thing called Rev Match (only in auto mode shifting with Touring). As most of us weave through traffic like they are standing still (no way you can do that in a Vette) you will get good and bad looks. I always engcourage my fellow Z owners th drive with the headlights on because it looks soo sweet and when people see you coming they tend to get out of the way. You will probably get a few speeding tickets but there's nothing like driving this car just the way it is. I mean no modifications have been done on my Z at all. I just plan to tint the windows. When you start to drive on the highway, I suggest no music and just listen to the car. It sounds wonderful. And the acceleration control that you have will definitely get you in the mood. an enthusiasts dream!! I'm definitely keeping my Z, and I followed the Skyline editions too and I plan to buy a GTR in 2014. I'm an official Z Car owner and it's the best, ever. A TRUE NISSAN FAN!!!"

The day I brought it home. Raining...:)

better than G37 coupe

By on Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Have had this car for about 4 weeks - Silver with 7 sp auto. It draws so much attention everywhere I go - went to Starbucks and people starred at it for a while. Looks better than Porsche 911 or Vette. More power than anybody ever needs out there. Quality is awesome in and out. Very noise and sort of rough ride, but that's what sport car is all about. Typical high quality and powered japanese (by the way, this car is manufactured and shipped from Japan) sport car!!"

Bang for the Buck!

By on Friday, December 18, 2009

"I was really surprised by this car! For the most part about the quality of the interior which I considered very cheap on the 350Z but the 370Z I found to be nearly identical in luxury compared to the G37. I love the Synchro-Rev Match feature..It's perfect for sitting in stop and go traffic as it is so smooth when you downshift. The 19" Rays Wheels get lots of compliments and the car makes people turn their heads just walking down the street, even though it shares a similar silouhette to the 350 it is much edgier and exotic. My complaints are very few, one - engine doesn't sound as sweet as the 350Z, two - rear visibility, three - I wish the seats had bigger bolsters! This is a sports car and it needs sports seats. My Mazda3 has bigger bolsters! Anyways, I'm not going to complain about road noise or no back seats because it's a sports car and those are things I don't expect from one. It would be nice to have fog lights or maybe led lights but not a big deal! Overall a great car for the money! It might lack some of the finesse of the Cayman S but it is definitely worth saving 20-30k!"

Nice

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

Pros: "a bit pricey"

Cons: "choice of colors"

"Had a 2004 350Z, traded it in 2007 with 27000 miles. The dealer did not even put it on the lot. Had someone come and get it the next day! Now have a 2011 370Z...much less tire noise, much nicer interior, and great looks/speed/handling. The only downside is entry/exit as I am over 6'."

Sweet Car!!!!

By on Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Fantastic Car. Hugs the corners, acceration is great. Owned a older Corvette, thou not as fast off the line, it handles better and accerates with the same "throw you back in your seat" as the Corvette. Did I say, this car handles fantastic, it hugs the corners twice as better than the Vette. Where the Vette rear end would slide aroung on me, this car absoutely hugs the corners. The braking system is great, no problems there. The style "screams" drive me. You can't go wrong with this car, reliable, dependable, and just absolutely fun to drive."

Best bang for the buck

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Don't see one at every light."

Cons: "None."

"At the price there's nothing close. This is my 4th Z. Says it all. I have the Roadster but both models are awesome."

Looks great, performs even better!!

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Reasonably priced, great handling, sexy, FUN!"

Cons: "loud inside - too much road noise"

"I wasn't a fan of the 350Z but the 370Z takes my breath away every time I get in it. I'm constantly getting compliments on it from strangers..even after 3 years of owenership! I've got 40,000 miles on it and no major issues to speak of. I will add that I race my car regularly and even with that added wear and tear it's held up great. I'd say my only complaint is that it's a bit loud inside. There's not a lot of soundproofing in the car so road noise can be kind of annoying, especially with the stock tires. So, in summary, best "economy" sports car for the money...handles great, looks hot, reliable, and just plain old fun. [for reference I've owned a Mazda RX-8, Subaru WRX, Subaru WRX STi and I'd take the 370Z over any of them)"

9 months later and still loving it!

By on Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"I got my 370Z in October 2009. I had been wanting a Z since they came out with the 350, and after the 370 came out I had to take a look. I was instantly in love and knew I had to have this car. I get people looking at the car everywhere I go (even got a thumbs up from a 10 year old one day!) and the performance on it is amazing. I have the Touring edition with the 6-spd Synchro-Rev match trans, and at first I though I wouldn't like this feature, but it is great! It's a bit noisy and can be a bit squirrel-y (especially in the rain), but I really have nothing bad to say about this vehicle. It is very comfortable for me, but I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone (I'm 5'3", 125 lbs). The Bose stereo system is actually pretty decent for stock. I am sad because I will have to sell mine due to an overseas move, but I am hoping to get another one after I have relocated."

This is a great car.

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pros: "Quality, Looks, Power"

Cons: "Engine Oil Temperature, Terrible Visibility"

"I bought the 2010 Touring model in 2011, have had it exactly a year and put on 8,000 miles. The car has looks, power, and quality. Really, it is a terrific piece of engineering. It does have some downsides, though, and that's what I think potential buyers are interested in. 1) The engine oil runs HOT. I'm going to add an oil cooler (something Nissan should have done). I intend to own this care for at least 10 years and having engine oil run at 180 to 190 degrees, not 220 (or more) is important. 2) It has terrible, and I mean really terrible visibility. Pulling out of a parking spot is just plain nerve racking. 3) The voice recognition on the blue tooth is clunky and bothersome. I have hundreds of contacts and while the hands free dialing on the phone works great, the in-dash unit doesn't. However, it does connect easily and sounds good when doing manual dialing and answering. 4) The road noise is mostly from the tires and when they wear out I will definitely not replace them with the originals. Otherwise, this car is a blast to drive, great to look at, and so fast that I generally put it on cruise control in the city so I don't get a ticket."

Outstanding value

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Cons: "No heated steering wheel."

"Bought my car new in 2009 and I still own it. I've been impressed by every aspect of the car. I purchased the sports package and all Canadian models have the LSD, etc so the only upgrades are the sports and navigation packages. I daily drive this car during the spring/summer/fall and put her away during the winter months. I've taken it to the track and auto X and everyone ridding shot gun was blown away by how it handles. For some reason the 2009 model didn't come with heated side mirrors. I'd also like the option of a heated steering wheel but other than that there isn't anything else I don't like about the car."

great sports car for the value

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Great performance for the buck, fun to drive"

Cons: "none."

"Great sports car. As a daily driver it is very comfortable and definitely glad i purchased the vehicle! I would strongly recommend the touring package, not so much the sports package. With touring package you get leather power seats with heaters, bose sound system with the sub, auto dimming mirror, heated outside mirrors; in my opinion its well worth the additional $$$. With sports package you get, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, limited slip diferencial, and rev-matching on manual (its fun at first, but then it doesn't feel like you're driving a manual car anymore). Great car, great value, not many on the street, head turner, performance for the money. (Its not a porsche, but if put CaymanS and 370z... almost identical performance for the fraction of the price). Would recommend to anyone who's looking for a sports car, however, i wouldnt recommend it to a person whos expecting the comfort and practicality of a family sedan or suv... its a sports car with attitude on the budget."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 370Z near Honolulu. See local deals