2009 Nissan 350Z

Based on 562 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

great bang for the buck

By on Sunday, March 2, 2008

"I bought the 2003 model 5 years ago. absolutely loved the styling and 5 years later it still looks good. I have always owned new sports cars so I was amazed that the car could be purchased for less than 30000. There used to be a weird quirk in the pricing in that the automatic was a 600 add on the entusiast model while the 5 speed manual was a 600 add on the touring model. this made the touring model an excellent value if you want the automatic. To achieve the low price the tires are are the cheapest available ( wear rating 140). The ride can be a little harsh and the seats are a little narrow in the shoulder area. The pikes peak white is a pearl paint that tends to develope little rust specks in the paint. The brakes also go very quickly compared to other cars I have owned. The rear hatch struts are weak and the hatch does not always fully release when opening, especially in cold weather. Otherwise the car has been excellent and is an excellent value."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "fun"

Cons: "Quality not as good as should be"

"love the 350z looks good and drives good. only issue I have had and as I have found out others are having as well is the coloring comes off inside door handle and some have complained about the color coming off stereo knobs and Nissan will not stand behind it. I feel for the price of this car I should not be dealing with this issue."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

"Great car for a little cash! Got mine and practically keep the top down. Handles great, great acceleration, nice stereo. Tight and smooth riding for a sports car. Did I say I love it? I meant to say, "I LOVE IT!" There, that's better...."

Well valanced.

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "styling, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Lack a bit of power"

"The 350z has been a very reliable vehicle, I own the base model. This vehicle lends it self great to modifications, for example you can upgrade most if not all parts from its Nismo counter part with very little effort. This vehicle handles great it gives the driver confidence when driving fast and slow:) The 350z styling looks great and even better with little aero pieces like the one that I own. The interior layout works just fine, I use my 350z on the daily basis and I am hard on the vehicle. Like many brands it is not perfect. The six-speed manual trans is good for what it is, it is super fun to drive and it keeps you engaged at all times. I initially purchased the 350z as a work vehicle because of the styling and its very well balanced power and drive terrain. The 350z has what many call adequate power in my opinion it could use more but its ok the kind of power it offer keeps a driver on a safe zone unless you do some thing very foolish.I would also like to add that 350z can out handle many higher priced vehicles. I get complements on 350Z all the time people of all ages approach and ask me about the car, this is one of these vehicles that appeal to different ethnic groups. And I conclude!"

A terrific sports car value.

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Performance, reliability, sports-car utility"

Cons: "Small cargo space, noise level at highway speeds"

"The 350Z is a pretty capable sport car providing superb value for its price range. I've had the Touring trim of this car for nearly seven years and 100,000 miles of use. Aside from its core purpose of delivering good sports car performance for relatively low cost, the car comes equipped with good safety features (e.g. side and curtain airbags), gets fair fuel mileage (23-25 mpg in mixed highway driving), is highly reliable, and requires modest maintenance costs for such a capable machine. It isn't the most comfortable, given the stiff suspension and sharp handling qualities, but as sports cars go it has sufficient amenities and cargo space for two people on a nice weekend trip. For enthusiasts, there are also a wide range of aftermarkets parts and accessories to improve the performance of the car if desired."

Great vehicle, a blast to drive, but very compact!

By on Monday, October 7, 2013

Pros: "fast, beautiful, easily maintained, fun"

Cons: "no space, tough on bumps, interior is "cheap""

"I haave owned this vehicle for about a year now and it has to be my favorite vehicle yet. It is a blast to drive, FAST, great on turns and cornering at high speeds, and is not ridiculously expensive. In my honest opinion this car is a very affordable amateur race car. The three stage pearl white paint is beautiful, the curves of the body are greatly designed. The inside of the car is one of the nicest, but does have some issues with the black interior fading and scratching easily. The trunk space is very limited, almost useless. as for storage, it has a lot of large compartments around the cab so this wasn't an issue. Mechanically this has been the least problematic car I've owned (of many...)"

Great overall car. perfect for the track.

By on Monday, August 6, 2012

Pros: "Price, gas, great to drive, 2 seater"

Cons: "not good in the winter."

"Amazing car if u prefer engine to turbo cars. Don't have to worry about any lag. The top end is insane. This car can be worth your while if you know what to do with it without spending a lot of money."

You Have to Drive ONE

By on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "One cup holder"

Clean

"I have the 6 speed manual performance edition it drives and handles amazingly. The power is there when you want it and it is glued to the road. It is very responsive and will do what you want it to do. I love the car it is a great looking car and fun to drive. I let my friend drive it and he went out and bought one. It even has room for two golf bags."

Clean

The rebirth of an icon! A true budgeted sports car

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional stress reliever, demands attention"

Cons: "That they were able to build it better... later"

"Had numerous automobiles specifically on the modded side. This car straight from the dealer in 2003 set a standard that could not be equalled by competitors... Yes I'm bias now that I own 3 of them them now. Starting from the exterior the body lines flowed effortlessly and it was noticed at speeds of 154mph. The aerodynamics of the Z took on another persona driving at those speeds. Taking you into the Z's seating interior, not a fan of leather in true sports cars (each their own) the bolsters felt like a Christmas time hug from your grandmother. The steering wheels ,clusters throughout the interior just felt like you were being welcomed and that it had been missing you since 1996 (last date of production of Z car for the U.S. Exit out of the interior and behold the VQ35 motor and its luster under the hood. What a great platform to build from for JDM automakers. The limits and mods are endless for this car. Suspension in its stock setting is more that enough for A.J. (average Joe) but for a tuner it needed an upgrade to handle the aggressive driving style that I boast on road courses. Stock brakes for stock driving, I needed more and wanted more that what Nissan found in brembo ,so I opted out on the brembo and got 4 piston wilwood all the way around pressing on vented slotted and vaned 14" free floating rotors. And of course coil overs sway bars and lightweight staggered wheels to complete the overall "show and go" theory. The car is a WIN and should be noted by its devout following . I've had my first Z since Memorial Day 2003 and each memorial day I take her by the dealership in all her glory. Z car not just a car ...it's an experience."

No more Z for me.

By on Saturday, March 6, 2010

"I recently got rid of my '04 Z Touring Roadster , bought new in '04, because of recurring poor quality issues. The worst being the inexcusable convertible top in a car that cost over 38K. It was coming apart at the seams and developed a hole from the stretcher bars after only 12K miles of summer only driving. It is a very thin, poor quality vinyl. Naturally ,it started after the 4 year warranty ran out and the dealer said that there was no service bulletin for it so they wouldn't repair/replace it. They did, however, have to replace the Bose CD player twice ,in warranty,because they are junk. The OEM Bridgestone tires are also horrible, DO NOT replace with them. They were bald in 10K miles and very noisy after only a few thousand miles. The interior materials are also cheap for a car in this price-range. The paint on the plastic bumper covers is very susceptible to dings and scratches. The 3.5 V-6 is very quick, but coarse sounding, and vibrates at idle. I also found the seat uncomfortable during long drives, with no lumbar adjustment, another cost cut. The lack of a true glovebox is ridiculous. This was my third ,and probably last Z car. My 1990 300ZX was a better car with better materials, and a beautifully sculpted body. I should have kept it. Nissan has addressed many of these issues in the new 370Z, but the price is now too close to Boxster territory and that car is in a different league in both quality and engineering, as well as re-sale value."

A Great Buy

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I've owned my 350Z for two years now and still get excited when I get behind the wheel! It has been my favorite car I've ever owned, hands down. Pros: * Styling (it'll turn heads; I've received many compliments) * Peformance (very quick; handles curves beautifully; fun to drive) * Reliability (45k miles so far - the only maintenance I've had done were new brake pads at 43k) * Value (priced in-line with or cheaper than most performance sports cars; plus I've gotten a lot more attention driving my 350Z than I did my Camaro!) Cons: * Not built for snow, at all * Requires premium fuel"

3 Years Down

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"After 3 years of owning this vehicle it has still left me problem free. Only thing changed on the car due to maintenance were Belts, Oil, tires, and windsheild wipers. Other than that, it hasn't missed a beat. Daily Driven and frequently modded, this car is top knotch all around. Good gas mileage comparing to performance, with a sleak interior design. Wider rim/tire package to improve handling along with a handful of breathing mods to support some HP gain. Downfall is, the 350z doesn't repsond well to NON forced induction applications, meaning, if you dont go supercharger or turbo charger then you will run into spending more than your recieving performance wise. Big issue for people who like to trick out their rides. Over and above, good car, not quite fast enough for lets say STI or EVO enthusiast, but will handle anything in it's way beside that. Not necessarly a V8 stomper, but can hang with most all of them."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Good handling sports car with above-average interior and exterior looks. I have been driving the track model for about 3 years. Received several good comments on the look of the brembo brakes and track wheels. Good stock exhaust sound and plenty of power. Cloth seats are not very comfortable to me and tend to fray easily. Manufacturer problem with wheel alignment causes front tires to rumble loudly at around 30 mph (particularly noticable when coasting to a stop) and excessively wear on insides. Manufacturer fix did not resolve issue at least for my car. Driver-side window switch went out but repaired under warrantee. No further problems otherwise. It is still an enjoyable car to drive."

Great daily driver

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesome to drive!! Very reliable! Great looks!"

Cons: "Top tears, and little vents on dash dry rot"

"As you can see i do a bit of driving. I love this car! I would by another if they werent so pricey. I think their like $48,000 now. It handles great, its quick, and I still get complemented on its looks. Driven in the canyons, on dirt roads (bumpy but fun), snow (scary!! not a good snow car!!) Rain (handles fine)Dont race WRX or EVO...you will lose. Only had to replace one coil $94 at the Zone.Top will tear about 4 years in. So moisturize regularly expecially near sides of window. The only reason I ranked the interior 9 is because the little plastic vents on the sides of dash start to crack and crumble. Everything else is great."

Been good to me.

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

"I love the car. I bought the car off of my dad with 27000 miles on it. My wife drives it as a daily driver. Other then replacing the breaks ever 19k to 25k miles it has been pretty good. I have replaced the crank shaft sensor (very common on this car and easy to do yourself) The handling is great and it kills Porsche Boxters. The convertible top motor is know starting to go out. This is a lot to fix, however my wife uses it all the time so I guess I can't complain."

2005 nissan 350z convertible

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "Great price, sporty, pretty fast and very stylish"

Cons: "Electronic motor problems, not reliable, small"

Topless

"Bought my '05 350z in 2010 with 36,000 miles for under $20,000. It's now 2013 with 56,000 miles and Still worth a solid $15-16k. You can't beat the price for this vehicle. I have put upgrades like 20 inch GT-R rims and an exhaust, i get compliments all the time. Besides replacing the convertible top ($1375 replacement because the oem original vinyl top is garbage and will wear & tear), I've owned this vehicle for 3 years and have been problem free until this year... I had to replace the clutch ($800 for aftermarket Exedy) because the clutch was slipping too much, I had to replace a motor in the convertible top (a $1300 job), driver's side door handle stopped working ($400), driver's side window motor needed replace ($400), TPMS sensor went ($50), navigation motorized door gets stuck (i dont want to know the cost of that) and now i'm noticing the passenger side door handle is starting to go. I bought this vehicle assuming that nissan was up there with reliabalility comparing to honda and toyota, i was proved wrong. As much as i love this car, i was a little disappointed. The motor is great and strong and im sure will last a long time if taken care of. i hope that i will be problem free for a while. This is just my experience, if you really want a 350z i say go for it!! Just prepare for maintenance costs and repairs if you go for the convertible."

Topless

Reliable, fun car.

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"Fast, fun, and most importantly...reliable! I bought this car in my late 20's and drove it kind of rough the first couple years, and this thing still runs like a champ! I've been several thousand miles over the recomended oil change (5,000 miles synthetic) numerous times, heck even hit the 9,000 once! :x and as of right now, at the 105,000 mile mark have not gave the thing a tune-up, and still runs really smooth. (kids, dont try this at home) a car should ALWAYS have a tune-up after the first 75,000 miles! The only advice I can give about this car, is be cautious with the early years (2003-2004) as some of those years have tire feathering issues."

Economical Frivolous Inulgence

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Performance, Fun, and Affordability in one package"

Cons: "Interior plastic and stereo disappoint."

"I spent a long time shopping for a sports car around $40k. I wanted something with good performance, flashy looks, easy maintenance, affordable, and most of all fun to drive. The 350Z is no disappointment on all points. It handles like a dream, handling well in the curves and providing all the power you need for a fun afternoon on a mountain road. I'm often asked if it's a Porsche. Followed closely by, "Wow! A Nissan? I thought Porsche had improved their style for a second there." I thought it was flattery until the fifth or sixth time I heard a similar comment. I ding the interior design on three points. The interior plastic looks and feels a little cheap. Minor. Second the stock Bose stereo is a big disappointment, it sounds muffled and weak and the interface is pretty clumsy. Third they didn't waste weight or cost on sound insulation and the interior noise all but drowns you out if you try to talk on the blue tooth phone interface. It's ok if you want to listen to a call, but unless you're stopped at a light forget about talking. I ding the comfort/convenience rating again on two points. The steering column doesn't have a depth adjustment, just height, making long driving sessions a little uncomfortable for my build. Second the car is low, the doors are long, and seats are far forward, making it a real pain to get out in tight areas. Overall this has been a great vehicle! The mechanical design is superb and while some of the finishing treatments feel cheap the engine, drivetrain, and frame are solid and exude precision craftsmanship."

Amazing HP and TQ for Good Weather

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Great bang for you $, Good handling, RWD"

Cons: "Sub-par interior materials, Rear tires wear fast"

"I am simply in love with this car, it's my dream car to be honest. I bought it with 31K and put about 7K on it. It is a blast to drive and I look forward to getting out of work and turning the traction control off and going. The interior is very upscale and has a sport feeling with the gauges (oil, battery and digital). I have a magnaflow muffler and AEM intake. I have the addition of heated seats and leather. The exterior is a thing of beauty even stock, widebody, HID headlights and wide rear tires. Don't even think just buy this car. Only make sure it's the 6 MT because that's when you feel the power. I only drive this in summer and can't fathom using it in winter at all."

The 350z Is The BEST Car Ever

By on Saturday, December 4, 2010

"I Love Z cars, Ive owned a 240z, (2) 300zx (z31)'s & my 350z. (ALL GREAT CARS). When the 350z first came out it was love at first sight, after test driving one it was life changing. sexy looking car, very reliable, very comfortable, nice smooth ride, not only does it feel safe, its a very safe car, I have owned my 350z going on 6 years now and had no problems with it. I let friends drive my Z and they end up getting Z's of there own. If you are looking into getting a 350z (or any Z) you will not be disappointed they are all GREAT car's."

VERY SPORTY

By on Sunday, March 14, 2010

"Super amaizing handling and beautiful v6 engine which respond and sounds like an v8 but suck gas as it is v6!! i love the 350z!!! for the rest of the world if you ever planing on buying an sport car, dont look around, get a Z no matter what year, it kills a mustang v8 on speed and handling and less gas on the Z aint that amaizing?"

Great car

By on Sunday, February 28, 2010

"I bought mine in 2006 and it has only 12,000 as of 2010. I rarely drive it but when I do it blows away the competition. Its the best sports car I have owned and I have driven a Porsche."

awesome07

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"I've had 2 350's now and my current one is an 07! It's the greatest sports car i've ever owned. It drives awesome, handles even better and you can take it anywhere. It's so comfortable on long trips, it's like driving a Cadillac! For the money there is no better sports car period!!"

Best Ive ever owned

By on Friday, January 9, 2009

"I thought my 240SX SE Convertible was the best car I ever owned until I bought this "Z" Roadster ... after 90k miles it is still tight, has not had a single problem, is easy to maintain, has incredible acceleration and will get 30mpg if driven judiciously ( and 27.7mpg at 75mph with the cruise on ) ... I'd recommend this car to anyone ..."

Beauty won over Brains = Not best decision for me

By on Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Don't get me wrong, this is a great looking and performing car, but unless you plan to go straight, fast, and only in the forward direction, I'd strongly recommend that you lease instead of purchase for the following reasons: Small quality issues (chipped paint on a seam, re-circ working backwards, warm interior unless AC is turned on) have me wishing I looked at a Porsche instead for the quality alone. "B" pillars and a flat back window make it tough to see rearward and to the sides when changing lanes, backing up, parking, etc... . Found out the hard way when I scraped a wheel parallel parking. Price was right when I bought, but I also hate to see the value plummet by $12k in the first year (and with only 4500 miles on odometer - according to KBB trade in value). Dealer/Manager complained that 350z owners were (as a whole) very picky about their cars "Do they think they just bought a Porsche or something?") Wait until he has to deal with a GT-R owner that just plunked down $80k! Can see how customer service mentality differs greatly between Nissan and Infiniti dealers . . . and not in a good way! I can't deny that I always have a big smile on my face every time I fire up the engine and stomp the gas pedal. I just wish I would have leased instead of purchased. That way, I'd wouldn't feel so bad about these nit-picky issues!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 350Z near Honolulu. See local deals