• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2009 Nissan 350Z

Based on 545 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

best sports car for under $50k

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I did alot of research before purchasing my Z, not only what the manufacturers wanted me to know, but how the cars were actually performing. After searching online, magazines, and autocross events, the choice was clear. The Z is the best bang for your buck out of a stock vehicle. The 350 has plenty of cabin space for a sports car, although the rear strut tower brace minimizes the trunk, so if you are going to pick up granny from the airport, or parts for your hot rod project, you may want to consider borrowing a vehicle. I have not had any problems with my Z and have never been left stranded. The only time its up on a rack is for oil changes. The gas mileage is accurate to that on the window sticker, I get 21-22 avg. with a heavy foot. I have driven this car hard at the track and all i have had to replace are the tires. Alot of tires. The Z is an awesome vehicle and i would recommend it to everyone who are in the market for a sports car."

Great car...fast, handles and no problems...

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "It is worth every dime you pay for it..great car."

"This is a great car. I drive it hard and have not had to replace a thing except brakes which is normal. I would recommend this car to anyone that likes power, handling and fun.....This has been one of the best cars I have ever owned and I am over 60...."

great car fast great looking car.

By on Friday, August 24, 2012

Pros: "fast, great body lines, gets lots of attention"

Cons: "cops like it as much as everyone else =/"

"not sure what everyone is talking about with the plastic rattle mine is completely quite. has been very reliable and good on gas for what your getting. I have modified mine and with an aftermarket exhaust (pick the right one) has the best tone, kind of a porsche boxter sound. Ive had alot of vehicles and my 350z is my favorite. gets tons of looks and drives like a dream, love walking out to my car every morning!"

The Power of the Z

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Womanizer Vehicle, Low Maintenance,"

Cons: "Plastic Rattling Noises"

"Riding through the highway at 80 mph with my windows down and hearing the Batmobile Purrrrr at 3-4k rpm. I have left many cars in the dirt at a green light. 40 mph feels more like 10 mph. Heads turning left and right women adamantly giving compliments on the timeless beauty of the Z. My first Z in comparison to a hot girlfriend. Gets a whole lot of attention and always cautious about leaving her unattended in bad neighborhoods. Did I regret spending 8600 bucks on this 99k mileage Z? NO. This is quite a sports car. Extremely low maintenance costs, I only put about 2-3k miles a year on cars(I live in Hawaii). Cheap plastic interior is the most common complaint. Yes I hate the rattling noises from the plastic interior. This is one of the perfect car for someone seeking the James Bond's Lifestyle on a budget."

Downscaled exotic

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "An all out track car for the street! :)"

Cons: "An all out track car for the street! :("

"This car sounds and feels like an exotic sports car. It is a little "less" all the way around, but do not mistake less for little. It is underrated by almost everybody and is one of the best handling, braking and feeling sports cars I have owned or driven (which is A LOT- from a viper, vette, BMW and more)."

Quick, Sporty, and Handles Great !

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Frugral"

Cons: "Interior Dash/Door Materials need upgrading."

"The only issues I have had with malfunctions in my Z is the Bose 6-disc changer. Not that big of a deal. Put in a used Z player for cheap. I love the get-up-and-go of this car, and as much as my foot is in the gas, I still avg 20mpg. Handling is great, turning radius is great. I can park anywhere from anywhere. I also like the option to manually shift this car, similar to "slap stick". Not something you want to take for a "grocery getter" unless you're only buying a weeks worth of food and nothing bulky ! Trunk space is small but not a problem once you get used to it. Several compartments and good sized glove box in the cockpit, so basic storage is not an issue. I would complain about the covering on the door handle and compartment in the dash. . whatever material is covering the metal (thin black stuff) flakes off and looks horrible. Radio also prone to scratches. Other than that, interior holds up well. My leather seating has also held up quite well. Overall this is my favorite car I have driven, and that includes owning a C320 Mercedes with similar engine size and interior functions. Much cheaper, and honestly much more reliable the the C class."

My mistress

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"This car has been my favorite car i've ever owned. It's very fun to drive. its fast and it corners awesome. great sound system comes stock, tons of options are available, i get close to 30mpg on the highway"

Overall best vehicle I have ever owned - no issues

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, good value, fun to drive, great looks."

Cons: "Premium fuel recommended, foreign brand."

"My husband and I both keep cars a loooooong time. We currently have seven vehicles, all have more than 100000 miles except for the Z which has 82000 miles. We have never owned a more reliable and trouble-free car. I purchased this car from a friend 6 years ago when it had 48000 miles on it. He drove it as his primary vehicle and was the first owner. He did not have any issues with it except for the front tire wear / alignment issue that plagued 2003 and 2004 models until Nissan figured out how to re-align the cars and build a tire that was not prone to the uneven wear that the original tire would get. Nissan paid for the alignments and new tires so by the time I got the car, all was well. 2004 was a sweet-spot year in my opinion. In 03 they didn't have a power point in the footwell of the passenger seat - necessary for a radar detector if you use one. In 03 there wasn't a retractable cup holder to the right of the radio - necessary if you aren't double jointed and like to have your coffee in the morning. The center console cup holders are back by your right elbow. In 05 they lightened up the clutch feel which I really don't like. In 06 they increased the horsepower to 303... but if you look closely the car also got much heavier! I work for an automotive manufacturer, so I know that this was due to changes in the safety regulations that year. So the increased horsepower was to counteract the heavier structure of the 06. I drive my car on the track, so the difference in weight matters to me for agility. However, if you are interested in having the latest safety technology, a newer car would be a better choice for you. Since purchasing the car, I have only performed routine maintenance. I have never seen a check-engine light or had a malfunction that required me to go to the dealer. This is unprecedented in my experience. I do work on the car myself - change brakes"

AWESOME!

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I bought my 07 350Z new and it has been great. No problems to this day. It is fast and fun even in AUTO mode, although manual is more fun. I have gotten almost 29 mpg highway going to Vegas at 70 mph, 28.5 to be exact. It is most fun with the top down, and the bose sound system is great. It has a lot of power for a stock sound system, you can hear it well even with the top down. The seats are very comfortable and contour to the shape of your body. It stops on a dime and has great handling and acceleration. Performance is superb. I loved it so much that I bought an 04 350Z convertable, rare color, Sunset Lemans May 2008 with only 9100 miles on it. I was lucky and it was in mint condition. The owner was selling it for his daughter's college tuition. I felt bad for him so I gave him his asking price becoz I knew this was his dream car. I got my 07 for invoice. I am very pleased with my Z's they are the most fun I have ever had in a performance car. If my wife and I had kids, we would probably own an Altima or Maxima too, Nissan makes an awesome vehicle in any model. I would recommend a 350, 370 or any model of Nissan to anybody. Which ever car fits your needs. We have no kids, so the Z's fit our needs perfectly. We even have a Del Sol DOHC VTEC with around 190 hp, it is a nice sports car, but it doesn't hold a candle to our 350 Z's. If you buy one (350Z that is), you'll never get rid of it. You'll have so much fun driving it, you'll never want to get out of it."

Just plain fun...

By on Friday, March 06, 2009

"I've had my car now for over three years, bought it used, just off lease. Its an 03 with 73K on the engine and she still gets 27 miles with the cruise on during trips and about 21 around town, if I'd keep my foot out of it, but I like to get from point A to point B as fast as I can. I also have to admit that when it comes to long trips I usually opt out for my Nissan Titan over the 350Z. But 5 hours or less and good roads, she is still the most fun vehicle I've ever driven. I've owned a Z28, a RX8, an 04 vette, and a Mustang GT, and the 350Z touring V6, 6-speed out preforms them ALL (although the RX8 was fun too)."

great bang for the buck

By on Sunday, March 02, 2008

"I bought the 2003 model 5 years ago. absolutely loved the styling and 5 years later it still looks good. I have always owned new sports cars so I was amazed that the car could be purchased for less than 30000. There used to be a weird quirk in the pricing in that the automatic was a 600 add on the entusiast model while the 5 speed manual was a 600 add on the touring model. this made the touring model an excellent value if you want the automatic. To achieve the low price the tires are are the cheapest available ( wear rating 140). The ride can be a little harsh and the seats are a little narrow in the shoulder area. The pikes peak white is a pearl paint that tends to develope little rust specks in the paint. The brakes also go very quickly compared to other cars I have owned. The rear hatch struts are weak and the hatch does not always fully release when opening, especially in cold weather. Otherwise the car has been excellent and is an excellent value."

Bought new - been tot trouble free over 6 1/2 yrs.

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "totally a fun car - a blast to drive."

Cons: "for what it is - no cons..."

"Great car - totally trouble free. Drives great, fantastic brakes and handling. Draws a lot of looks and comments - gets 'thumbs-ups going down the road. It's a shame Nissan only offered the blue top one year, but it makes my car more unique."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "fun"

Cons: "Quality not as good as should be"

"love the 350z looks good and drives good. only issue I have had and as I have found out others are having as well is the coloring comes off inside door handle and some have complained about the color coming off stereo knobs and Nissan will not stand behind it. I feel for the price of this car I should not be dealing with this issue."

Classy, racey, fun car to drive!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "classy and racey car, head-turner for sure"

Cons: "I drive it more than my sedan; luv it!"

"I have a 2003 350Z and I loved that car from the day I bought it and still do. I noticed that other car makers were imitating the body style of the car. I said whoever created the design of the car was a foreruuner because they set the tone for the other car makers. I look at the Porsche and see a lot of similarilities. Incredible! I love to take it on long drives on the highway or just to cruise sometimes. I can't believe some people still ask me what type car it is, they think it is a more expensive car. You get a great-looking and great-riding car for a steal of a deal. Since the 2003 was the first one they made after a seven year hiatus, I think I will keep the '03 and purchase a later model!"

A terrific sports car value.

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pros: "Performance, reliability, sports-car utility"

Cons: "Small cargo space, noise level at highway speeds"

"The 350Z is a pretty capable sport car providing superb value for its price range. I've had the Touring trim of this car for nearly seven years and 100,000 miles of use. Aside from its core purpose of delivering good sports car performance for relatively low cost, the car comes equipped with good safety features (e.g. side and curtain airbags), gets fair fuel mileage (23-25 mpg in mixed highway driving), is highly reliable, and requires modest maintenance costs for such a capable machine. It isn't the most comfortable, given the stiff suspension and sharp handling qualities, but as sports cars go it has sufficient amenities and cargo space for two people on a nice weekend trip. For enthusiasts, there are also a wide range of aftermarkets parts and accessories to improve the performance of the car if desired."

Great overall car. perfect for the track.

By on Monday, August 06, 2012

Pros: "Price, gas, great to drive, 2 seater"

Cons: "not good in the winter."

"Amazing car if u prefer engine to turbo cars. Don't have to worry about any lag. The top end is insane. This car can be worth your while if you know what to do with it without spending a lot of money."

The rebirth of an icon! A true budgeted sports car

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Exceptional stress reliever, demands attention"

Cons: "That they were able to build it better... later"

"Had numerous automobiles specifically on the modded side. This car straight from the dealer in 2003 set a standard that could not be equalled by competitors... Yes I'm bias now that I own 3 of them them now. Starting from the exterior the body lines flowed effortlessly and it was noticed at speeds of 154mph. The aerodynamics of the Z took on another persona driving at those speeds. Taking you into the Z's seating interior, not a fan of leather in true sports cars (each their own) the bolsters felt like a Christmas time hug from your grandmother. The steering wheels ,clusters throughout the interior just felt like you were being welcomed and that it had been missing you since 1996 (last date of production of Z car for the U.S. Exit out of the interior and behold the VQ35 motor and its luster under the hood. What a great platform to build from for JDM automakers. The limits and mods are endless for this car. Suspension in its stock setting is more that enough for A.J. (average Joe) but for a tuner it needed an upgrade to handle the aggressive driving style that I boast on road courses. Stock brakes for stock driving, I needed more and wanted more that what Nissan found in brembo ,so I opted out on the brembo and got 4 piston wilwood all the way around pressing on vented slotted and vaned 14" free floating rotors. And of course coil overs sway bars and lightweight staggered wheels to complete the overall "show and go" theory. The car is a WIN and should be noted by its devout following . I've had my first Z since Memorial Day 2003 and each memorial day I take her by the dealership in all her glory. Z car not just a car ...it's an experience."

Best sports car for the money

By on Friday, August 27, 2010

"My 07 is my 2nd 350z, and I've loved them both. These cars are just so much fun to drive. They have looks that still turn heads 8 years since the model was introduced, and I believe will go down as timeless. This is a sports car that you shouldn't be afraid to buy used, because Nissans are as tough and durable as anything. I've driven both my 05 and 07 hard, taken probably 50+ passes down the drag strip with each, and they just seem to eat it up. The VQ v6 is a gem as always, but even better in the 07+ 350z's that have the HR version with more power and a 7500rpm redline. The engine makes smooth power from 2,000 rpms up to redline, with a definite gain in thrust from 4000rpms and up. I've driven this car from Texas to NY and back, and it was a pleasure. Out on the highway it rides much better than most 2-seater sports cars. The combination of cruise control, heated leather seats, bose stereo, and bluetooth phone connectivity make the driving experience very comfortable and convenient. Acceleration is more than adequate. This isn't the fastest car on the road, but it's fast enough. 0-60 in 5.2 seconds for the HR version, a standing 1/4 mile in the mid-13's, and an electronically limited top speed of 159mph is enough to qualify this as a great performance bargain. The handling is outstanding with a decent set of tires. The 350z has an exotic exhaust note, striking and sexy looks, great quality, and a fair price. The 6-speed manual is one of the best on the market, and makes driving the Z even more involving. On the more practical side- The A/C is great (I live in TX where it commonly hits 100 degrees), the heater is also quite good, visibility is average for this type of car (below average in general- blind spots), there are plenty of cup-holders in 06+ models, and plenty of storage despite the lack of a conventional glove box. All in all a truly great sports car for the money. High recommended."

A Great Buy

By on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

"I've owned my 350Z for two years now and still get excited when I get behind the wheel! It has been my favorite car I've ever owned, hands down. Pros: * Styling (it'll turn heads; I've received many compliments) * Peformance (very quick; handles curves beautifully; fun to drive) * Reliability (45k miles so far - the only maintenance I've had done were new brake pads at 43k) * Value (priced in-line with or cheaper than most performance sports cars; plus I've gotten a lot more attention driving my 350Z than I did my Camaro!) Cons: * Not built for snow, at all * Requires premium fuel"

poor quality

By on Sunday, January 11, 2009

"i had a lot of trouble with brakes and cooling system. Left me stranded several times."

3 Years Down

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"After 3 years of owning this vehicle it has still left me problem free. Only thing changed on the car due to maintenance were Belts, Oil, tires, and windsheild wipers. Other than that, it hasn't missed a beat. Daily Driven and frequently modded, this car is top knotch all around. Good gas mileage comparing to performance, with a sleak interior design. Wider rim/tire package to improve handling along with a handful of breathing mods to support some HP gain. Downfall is, the 350z doesn't repsond well to NON forced induction applications, meaning, if you dont go supercharger or turbo charger then you will run into spending more than your recieving performance wise. Big issue for people who like to trick out their rides. Over and above, good car, not quite fast enough for lets say STI or EVO enthusiast, but will handle anything in it's way beside that. Not necessarly a V8 stomper, but can hang with most all of them."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Good handling sports car with above-average interior and exterior looks. I have been driving the track model for about 3 years. Received several good comments on the look of the brembo brakes and track wheels. Good stock exhaust sound and plenty of power. Cloth seats are not very comfortable to me and tend to fray easily. Manufacturer problem with wheel alignment causes front tires to rumble loudly at around 30 mph (particularly noticable when coasting to a stop) and excessively wear on insides. Manufacturer fix did not resolve issue at least for my car. Driver-side window switch went out but repaired under warrantee. No further problems otherwise. It is still an enjoyable car to drive."

Great daily driver

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesome to drive!! Very reliable! Great looks!"

Cons: "Top tears, and little vents on dash dry rot"

"As you can see i do a bit of driving. I love this car! I would by another if they werent so pricey. I think their like $48,000 now. It handles great, its quick, and I still get complemented on its looks. Driven in the canyons, on dirt roads (bumpy but fun), snow (scary!! not a good snow car!!) Rain (handles fine)Dont race WRX or EVO...you will lose. Only had to replace one coil $94 at the Zone.Top will tear about 4 years in. So moisturize regularly expecially near sides of window. The only reason I ranked the interior 9 is because the little plastic vents on the sides of dash start to crack and crumble. Everything else is great."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

"Great car for a little cash! Got mine and practically keep the top down. Handles great, great acceleration, nice stereo. Tight and smooth riding for a sports car. Did I say I love it? I meant to say, "I LOVE IT!" There, that's better...."

Been good to me.

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

"I love the car. I bought the car off of my dad with 27000 miles on it. My wife drives it as a daily driver. Other then replacing the breaks ever 19k to 25k miles it has been pretty good. I have replaced the crank shaft sensor (very common on this car and easy to do yourself) The handling is great and it kills Porsche Boxters. The convertible top motor is know starting to go out. This is a lot to fix, however my wife uses it all the time so I guess I can't complain."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 350Z near Honolulu. See local deals