• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2009 Nissan 350Z

Based on 546 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

best sports car for under $50k

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I did alot of research before purchasing my Z, not only what the manufacturers wanted me to know, but how the cars were actually performing. After searching online, magazines, and autocross events, the choice was clear. The Z is the best bang for your buck out of a stock vehicle. The 350 has plenty of cabin space for a sports car, although the rear strut tower brace minimizes the trunk, so if you are going to pick up granny from the airport, or parts for your hot rod project, you may want to consider borrowing a vehicle. I have not had any problems with my Z and have never been left stranded. The only time its up on a rack is for oil changes. The gas mileage is accurate to that on the window sticker, I get 21-22 avg. with a heavy foot. I have driven this car hard at the track and all i have had to replace are the tires. Alot of tires. The Z is an awesome vehicle and i would recommend it to everyone who are in the market for a sports car."

The Power of the Z

By on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Womanizer Vehicle, Low Maintenance,"

Cons: "Plastic Rattling Noises"

"Riding through the highway at 80 mph with my windows down and hearing the Batmobile Purrrrr at 3-4k rpm. I have left many cars in the dirt at a green light. 40 mph feels more like 10 mph. Heads turning left and right women adamantly giving compliments on the timeless beauty of the Z. My first Z in comparison to a hot girlfriend. Gets a whole lot of attention and always cautious about leaving her unattended in bad neighborhoods. Did I regret spending 8600 bucks on this 99k mileage Z? NO. This is quite a sports car. Extremely low maintenance costs, I only put about 2-3k miles a year on cars(I live in Hawaii). Cheap plastic interior is the most common complaint. Yes I hate the rattling noises from the plastic interior. This is one of the perfect car for someone seeking the James Bond's Lifestyle on a budget."

Quick, Sporty, and Handles Great !

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Frugral"

Cons: "Interior Dash/Door Materials need upgrading."

"The only issues I have had with malfunctions in my Z is the Bose 6-disc changer. Not that big of a deal. Put in a used Z player for cheap. I love the get-up-and-go of this car, and as much as my foot is in the gas, I still avg 20mpg. Handling is great, turning radius is great. I can park anywhere from anywhere. I also like the option to manually shift this car, similar to "slap stick". Not something you want to take for a "grocery getter" unless you're only buying a weeks worth of food and nothing bulky ! Trunk space is small but not a problem once you get used to it. Several compartments and good sized glove box in the cockpit, so basic storage is not an issue. I would complain about the covering on the door handle and compartment in the dash. . whatever material is covering the metal (thin black stuff) flakes off and looks horrible. Radio also prone to scratches. Other than that, interior holds up well. My leather seating has also held up quite well. Overall this is my favorite car I have driven, and that includes owning a C320 Mercedes with similar engine size and interior functions. Much cheaper, and honestly much more reliable the the C class."

My mistress

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

"This car has been my favorite car i've ever owned. It's very fun to drive. its fast and it corners awesome. great sound system comes stock, tons of options are available, i get close to 30mpg on the highway"

Overall best vehicle I have ever owned - no issues

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, good value, fun to drive, great looks."

Cons: "Premium fuel recommended, foreign brand."

"My husband and I both keep cars a loooooong time. We currently have seven vehicles, all have more than 100000 miles except for the Z which has 82000 miles. We have never owned a more reliable and trouble-free car. I purchased this car from a friend 6 years ago when it had 48000 miles on it. He drove it as his primary vehicle and was the first owner. He did not have any issues with it except for the front tire wear / alignment issue that plagued 2003 and 2004 models until Nissan figured out how to re-align the cars and build a tire that was not prone to the uneven wear that the original tire would get. Nissan paid for the alignments and new tires so by the time I got the car, all was well. 2004 was a sweet-spot year in my opinion. In 03 they didn't have a power point in the footwell of the passenger seat - necessary for a radar detector if you use one. In 03 there wasn't a retractable cup holder to the right of the radio - necessary if you aren't double jointed and like to have your coffee in the morning. The center console cup holders are back by your right elbow. In 05 they lightened up the clutch feel which I really don't like. In 06 they increased the horsepower to 303... but if you look closely the car also got much heavier! I work for an automotive manufacturer, so I know that this was due to changes in the safety regulations that year. So the increased horsepower was to counteract the heavier structure of the 06. I drive my car on the track, so the difference in weight matters to me for agility. However, if you are interested in having the latest safety technology, a newer car would be a better choice for you. Since purchasing the car, I have only performed routine maintenance. I have never seen a check-engine light or had a malfunction that required me to go to the dealer. This is unprecedented in my experience. I do work on the car myself - change brakes"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 350Z near Honolulu. See local deals