2008 Nissan 350Z

Based on 559 Ratings for the 2003 - 2009 models.

Overall best vehicle I have ever owned - no issues

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, good value, fun to drive, great looks."

Cons: "Premium fuel recommended, foreign brand."

"My husband and I both keep cars a loooooong time. We currently have seven vehicles, all have more than 100000 miles except for the Z which has 82000 miles. We have never owned a more reliable and trouble-free car. I purchased this car from a friend 6 years ago when it had 48000 miles on it. He drove it as his primary vehicle and was the first owner. He did not have any issues with it except for the front tire wear / alignment issue that plagued 2003 and 2004 models until Nissan figured out how to re-align the cars and build a tire that was not prone to the uneven wear that the original tire would get. Nissan paid for the alignments and new tires so by the time I got the car, all was well. 2004 was a sweet-spot year in my opinion. In 03 they didn't have a power point in the footwell of the passenger seat - necessary for a radar detector if you use one. In 03 there wasn't a retractable cup holder to the right of the radio - necessary if you aren't double jointed and like to have your coffee in the morning. The center console cup holders are back by your right elbow. In 05 they lightened up the clutch feel which I really don't like. In 06 they increased the horsepower to 303... but if you look closely the car also got much heavier! I work for an automotive manufacturer, so I know that this was due to changes in the safety regulations that year. So the increased horsepower was to counteract the heavier structure of the 06. I drive my car on the track, so the difference in weight matters to me for agility. However, if you are interested in having the latest safety technology, a newer car would be a better choice for you. Since purchasing the car, I have only performed routine maintenance. I have never seen a check-engine light or had a malfunction that required me to go to the dealer. This is unprecedented in my experience. I do work on the car myself - change brakes"

great bang for the buck

By on Sunday, March 02, 2008

"I bought the 2003 model 5 years ago. absolutely loved the styling and 5 years later it still looks good. I have always owned new sports cars so I was amazed that the car could be purchased for less than 30000. There used to be a weird quirk in the pricing in that the automatic was a 600 add on the entusiast model while the 5 speed manual was a 600 add on the touring model. this made the touring model an excellent value if you want the automatic. To achieve the low price the tires are are the cheapest available ( wear rating 140). The ride can be a little harsh and the seats are a little narrow in the shoulder area. The pikes peak white is a pearl paint that tends to develope little rust specks in the paint. The brakes also go very quickly compared to other cars I have owned. The rear hatch struts are weak and the hatch does not always fully release when opening, especially in cold weather. Otherwise the car has been excellent and is an excellent value."

Fun to drive

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "fun"

Cons: "Quality not as good as should be"

"love the 350z looks good and drives good. only issue I have had and as I have found out others are having as well is the coloring comes off inside door handle and some have complained about the color coming off stereo knobs and Nissan will not stand behind it. I feel for the price of this car I should not be dealing with this issue."

Classy, racey, fun car to drive!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "classy and racey car, head-turner for sure"

Cons: "I drive it more than my sedan; luv it!"

"I have a 2003 350Z and I loved that car from the day I bought it and still do. I noticed that other car makers were imitating the body style of the car. I said whoever created the design of the car was a foreruuner because they set the tone for the other car makers. I look at the Porsche and see a lot of similarilities. Incredible! I love to take it on long drives on the highway or just to cruise sometimes. I can't believe some people still ask me what type car it is, they think it is a more expensive car. You get a great-looking and great-riding car for a steal of a deal. Since the 2003 was the first one they made after a seven year hiatus, I think I will keep the '03 and purchase a later model!"

Well valanced.

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "styling, very fun to drive"

Cons: "Lack a bit of power"

"The 350z has been a very reliable vehicle, I own the base model. This vehicle lends it self great to modifications, for example you can upgrade most if not all parts from its Nismo counter part with very little effort. This vehicle handles great it gives the driver confidence when driving fast and slow:) The 350z styling looks great and even better with little aero pieces like the one that I own. The interior layout works just fine, I use my 350z on the daily basis and I am hard on the vehicle. Like many brands it is not perfect. The six-speed manual trans is good for what it is, it is super fun to drive and it keeps you engaged at all times. I initially purchased the 350z as a work vehicle because of the styling and its very well balanced power and drive terrain. The 350z has what many call adequate power in my opinion it could use more but its ok the kind of power it offer keeps a driver on a safe zone unless you do some thing very foolish.I would also like to add that 350z can out handle many higher priced vehicles. I get complements on 350Z all the time people of all ages approach and ask me about the car, this is one of these vehicles that appeal to different ethnic groups. And I conclude!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 350Z near Honolulu. See local deals