1998 Nissan 200SX

Based on 134 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

10 IN THE FUN TO DRIVE CATEGORY

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Front seat room is great for larger people!"

Cons: "rear seat room is for kids"

she's a beaut'

"I've had a 5 speed SE-R with basic bolt on mods for 7 years, and it has beeen awsomely reliable. Have only had to replace a CV axle, and a starter on it, and it's never let me down. It's as quick and nimble as any road car should be. Its the perfect around town, or road trip car for one or two people. I'd take it over many newer cars any day!"

she's a beaut'

It worth your money

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Smooth, fast, great MPG, power evrthng, cruise ctl"

Cons: "Plastic interior fibrates"

"1998 se-r, 2.0L.I had it for 10 years it has 114k miles on it. Feels sporty and has some power. The KB book value for this car with that mileage is about $3.400 i would recommend to my friend buy it with no hesitation. The only thing I dont like is the body, looks a little bit ugly, but performance and quality is great. A person above stated that it was hard for him to find parts for this car on junk yards, I think it is encouraging that there are few of these cars on junk yards. To me it means reliability. Japanese cars are great, i will stay with Japan as long as possible!!"

Varoomm Varoommm

By on Friday, December 11, 2009

"Got a 96-SE used in 2000 as a graduation present. Let me tell you about my blue as sky baby. Stood by me through thick and thin. Had normal wear and tear but nothing major, although I have put 110K in it so far. You know you have a good car when you can make two round trips from San Diego to Los Angeles ( about 2 hrs trip, 130mi distance one way) on one full tank of gas. You know you have a good car when your car passes all them V6s, V8s, v16s, V32s, 3 million horse power, 2010 spanking new cars and trucks, on a god darn hill. You know you have a great car when you're at a car dealership with your friend cause they're buying a car, and when the dealer tries to make money off of you as well and tell them HOLD UP!!! I have a 200SX; the dealer goes darn your car will never break down. :D Youze got a good car! The only thing that will really break often over time on this car is the exterior. When that happens if its to your liking, just get a new paint and body job. And it will look like new, cause the inside still runs like new. Finally, to Sentra owners. I almost slapped somebody who tried to call my sweet baby a Sentra. Don't get it confused Sentra people. A Sentra, although slightly similar, does not compare to a 200SX. So don't get your hopes up like that. They are not interchangeable. Big difference! In conclusion, I love this car (was I too obvious?). I have tried and tried to find a reason to buy a new car. But why fix what ain't broke. And besides, you can't beat paying less than $500 a year on car insurance, and less than $80 on car registration, cause your car is buck old, but drives like it's spanking new. You just can't."

Pretty sweet

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"This car has been extremely reliable. The only things I have had to replace in the 5 years I have had it are the A/C switch and the clutch. My only qualm with this car is that the rear seat cannot be put down. Hence I cannot easily fit surfboards and people in the car since the front seat is taken up. Other than that it is a great car."

Worth every cent...and then some.

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

"Like other reviewers have said, this car is RELIABLE. I'm at 185,000, and it is still going strong. And, I average 30 mpg! At nearly 18 years old, it is certainly not a 'looker,' but I plan on keeping it until it dies. Or I get a very large inheritance (unlikely! lol). But really, I'm just waiting for Nissan to build an attractive car larger than the Versa Note but smaller than the Rogue/Pathfinder....and NOT looking like a Juke! Besides its reliability, it has great value. Nissan is one of the few makers who use timing chains rather than timing belts. The difference is that every 70k-80k, a belt needs to be changed for $1,000. Timing chains last FOREVER...unless you've really effed up the engine somehow. Nissans are sooo underrated."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 200SX near Honolulu. See local deals