1998 Nissan 200SX

Based on 133 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

Nissan did a great job on this vehicle.

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "dependible, cheap to operate, sporty style"

Cons: "Paint failing a bit"

"I bought this car as a beater, looking for good fuel economy. I have been very pleasantly surprised. She had 175,000 miles on her when I bought her she now has 190,000 and no problems I couldn't easily fix. Most parts are the same as a Sentra, so there at many in the local wrecking yard. I'm routinely getting 37 mpg and as high at 41 on long highway trips. Dimmer switch for dash lights is the only recurring problem. I'm on my third, they cost $7 at the self-serve wrecking yard. Easily replaced. Seats are great with very durable fabric and great comfort and support."

It was a fun car, great for commuting.

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Looked great on the outside. Very fun to drive."

Cons: "Cheap interior. Problems with wiper motor."

"It's not a car for bigger structured people. I had large friends who couldn't even fit in it. But normal sized people were fine. This is a great commuting car. It drives in snow great. The interior was cheaply made and wore out quickly, but the outside was sharp looking. Had problems with the wiper motor not working. I put 182,000 miles on it since 1998 and only had to replace the rear seal. Great gas mileage. I averaged 34-38 MPG on the highway driving normal speed limit. Overall I was very happy owning this car."

Great Little Car

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Reliability/durability, gas mileage, handling"

Cons: "Somewhat cramped seats, narrow stance, weak engine"

"I have owned this car for almost 15 years. I bought it used in 1999 with approximately 14k miles on it, and have put on approximately 190k miles since. Over time, I've gotten the entire exhaust system replaced (the catalytic converter located in the exhaust manifold disintegrated over time due to a loose distributor cap causing the engine to misfire for an extended period of time, NOT a typical repair), the rear oil seal replaced, three sets of tires, two complete tune ups, routine fluid changes, brakes, both side CV boots replaced twice and the windshield replaced. Also, it has a timing chain that never needs replaced. The car has been in numerous fender benders, deer collisions & other accidents but is still running like a Swiss watch. It corners decently and gets great gas mileage (about 36 mi./gal.). Not very powerful or fast, but somewhat quick. It is an above average commuter car and is extraordinarily reliable. A+"

best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, could not pick a better car"

"Loved it until it was sold without my permission would buy another one in a heartbeat."

this is the best vehicle ever

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Cons: ""This car has been to every state west of the rock"

""This car has been extremely reliable. The only things I have had to replace in the 5 years I have had it are the plugs,wires breaks,tires. My only qualm with this car is that the front is'nt in good condition it takes me where ever i want to go. Hence i love this car, i think is just time for me to upgrade.Other than that it is a great car.""

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 200SX near Honolulu. See local deals