1996 Nissan 200SX

Based on 135 Ratings for the 1995 - 1998 models.

Varoomm Varoommm

By on Friday, December 11, 2009

"Got a 96-SE used in 2000 as a graduation present. Let me tell you about my blue as sky baby. Stood by me through thick and thin. Had normal wear and tear but nothing major, although I have put 110K in it so far. You know you have a good car when you can make two round trips from San Diego to Los Angeles ( about 2 hrs trip, 130mi distance one way) on one full tank of gas. You know you have a good car when your car passes all them V6s, V8s, v16s, V32s, 3 million horse power, 2010 spanking new cars and trucks, on a god darn hill. You know you have a great car when you're at a car dealership with your friend cause they're buying a car, and when the dealer tries to make money off of you as well and tell them HOLD UP!!! I have a 200SX; the dealer goes darn your car will never break down. :D Youze got a good car! The only thing that will really break often over time on this car is the exterior. When that happens if its to your liking, just get a new paint and body job. And it will look like new, cause the inside still runs like new. Finally, to Sentra owners. I almost slapped somebody who tried to call my sweet baby a Sentra. Don't get it confused Sentra people. A Sentra, although slightly similar, does not compare to a 200SX. So don't get your hopes up like that. They are not interchangeable. Big difference! In conclusion, I love this car (was I too obvious?). I have tried and tried to find a reason to buy a new car. But why fix what ain't broke. And besides, you can't beat paying less than $500 a year on car insurance, and less than $80 on car registration, cause your car is buck old, but drives like it's spanking new. You just can't."

1998 200SX-SE

By on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pros: "MPG, repairs, fun, size, FWD, longevity."

Cons: "replacement tail lights one year 1998."

"My 200 had the paint burned off it when I got it in St.Petersburg, Fl. The headliner and visor's are rotted. I let it set for over 7 years (in the HOOD) after I got it and the hatch was pried open and spare stole water let in for a year.After sitting I got into it put two tires on it,put a can of seafoam in the tank and drove it to Denver. It needs a charge on the air and the cruise does not work. I replaced a CV and the right hub and wheel bearing. I consistently get MPG in the high 30's. I also have a 240 SX and my wife drives a Maxima. I wish Nissan would offer the SR 16 over the GA 16 in this model. This is a simple car and very lite, not much to brake. Has comfortable seats and with GOOD tires (Continental, Pirelli, or Michelin) and good shocks, rides well. I will never sell this car as it is my idea of a hybrid. I would say that many driver's do not like you going around them in a old car that is paid for and gets 2 to 3 times the MPG of their new car! I will say that if you want to know the true value of a car see what other people, in other countries think of this manufacturer and like models."

By on Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"I bought this car new ,main purpose to drive to and from work 12 miles one way. Very reliable fun to drive roomy interrior good design,should have gotten 2.0 motor, fantastic on gas mileage inside city and best on highway I wish Nissan would update and bring back to market >easy on repair . rugged design. Thanks NISSAN."

Dependable

By on Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I have owned my 200sx se for 12 years now and I am amazed at how reliable it has been.No major problems and great gas milage. I highly recommend this auto (if you can still find it ) Cquinn"

I LoVe NiSSaN

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"This car gets GREAT gas mileage 30city/40hwy. I love the reliability in it, i've never changed anything in it besides the clutch and battery. I LOVE THIS CAR, the only thing is that I would probably like a little more power, and it's not particularly comfortable, but it's not horrible at all, it's just like a regular car. Style isn't like a 240sx, but hey, it's still flyyy..."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Nissan 200SX near Honolulu. See local deals