• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab

8.2

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Get a lot of compliments

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

"I really like this truck. I bought it used with 13K miles. I was worried about a truck because of gas mileage but it is really good. 20mpg hwy. I have been stopped a dozen times by people asking what it is and saying they really like it. Pros: Nice body style, Durable, Gas mileage is good, Comfortable ride, Low maintenance, Room for 6 (5 comfortably), Cons: Little loose in the backend on bumps, NOT good on ice, Foot room when getting out of the backseat is cramped, They don't make them anymore."

Good truck for the money

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I have owned my 2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4 door for 13 months now. It has not been in the shop for anything except oil changes. The only thing that I could say bad about it is the transmission shifts a litte rough sometimes between 1st and 2nd gears. Other than that, it is a very solid and reliable truck. It is comfortable and roomy inside for me, my wife and two kids. It has enough get up and go to keep up with traffic. It has just the right options to make it an enjoyable vehicle to travel in on a daily basis. I commute an hour each way to work 5 days a week. Below I will list the top things I like about the truck and the top things that would make it better. Things I like: Strong V6 Bedliner Sliding Rear Window Outside Temperature Gauge Side Step Bars Chrome Exhaust Tip Comfortable, Roomy Seats Nice, Unique Styling Auxilary Port For Ipod Satellite Radio Things that would make it better: Lighted Vanity Mirrors on Sunvisors Electric Sliding Rear Window Smoother Transmission Better Gas Mileage (Every truck owner probably wants that) Tow package standard All in all, this truck is worth the money. I would recommend it based on my experience with it so far."

Surprisingly Fantastic

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I was apprehensive after I first purchased this vehicle. After a few weeks, I knew that I had made a great decision. The looks and style are far superior than any other truck I have seen on the road. I get numerous complements still to this day for many who have not seen the Raider. There are only two in the region where I live, so I feel as if I own a custom truck that is unique. I looked at the Tundra, Tacoma, Ranger, Silverado and Colorado and for the money, I got way more than I would have purchasing any other truck. As far as the ride, it is superior to most trucks I test drove although it does drive like a truck. Performs very well on the open road and gets about 19mpg on the hwy, even with off road tires. I have had no problems mechanically at all and I don't forsee any in the near future."

2 Year Owner, Impressed

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"Truck is a Dodge Dakota with a face lift and a few Mitsubishi styling touches on the inside. I have a 2007 SE Double Cab loaded with the 4.7 V8. Mitsubishi's top motor and trim is a step below the Dakota, because Chrysler wanted to keep this truck below the Dakota over all. My V8 is not the high output. version, but the 235 horsepower one. I can't outrun a Tacoma or a Frontier with their V6's but I can pull a heavier trailer. This has the frame of the Dodge Ram 1500 cut down, so it is very stout and pulls my small trailer easily. Good breaks when pulling, and acceleration and cruising the motor is more then strong enough. Fuel Economy for me has always been around 15 MPG mostly city driving. This sounds awful, but my 4 cylinder car got only 18 to 20 and the V8 F.150 I had only hit 9 MPG on a good week. So I have crummy mileage with any vehicle and for what this is it is surprisingly good. Comfort, the cab is surprisingly narrow on the inside. My leg is up against the door panel because they really tried to give as much shoulder room as possible. Has basic truck interior but seems pretty well put together... Watch out for the center storage bin in the front seats, the latch is all Chrysler and breaks locking your lid down. The Mechanics repairing it guess my vehicle immediately at the lot when I said what was wrong, so this is a issue. On a personal note, this is the 5th pickup truck I have bought. Out of all of them, chevys, fords, dodges, this is my favorite one so far and I would trade in again for another. The turning circle on this truck is unbelievable, it can turn around in less room then my 2004 Mustang V6 could which is astonishing! As long as you remember you have around 18 feet of steel, parking lot maneuvers are usually a 1 time attempt."

Mitsubishi Raider

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Great truck, like other trucks, a little bad on gas but still uses less then most mid-sized trucks. Great ride though, the drive is like a dream. Style/design is beautiful and unique. Down fall though is the road side noise and too much plastic in the cab. You can hear way too much compared to other trucks the outside noise."

I love this truck!

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great price, beautiful, no problems"

Cons: "i haven't found any"

"I own this truck and I absolutely love it! I've had no problems with it and I'm always getting people commenting on how beautiful it is."

worst

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"kept having road vibrations that were temperature sensitive; drive fine at temps below 70 then above 70 drove like log wagon or almost like a flat tire! dealer kept it for 4 weeks couldn't fix or find problems. manufactuer refused ot work on it claim it drove normal;got rid of it got a ford no problems!"

constant problems

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"ever since i bought my truck in 2007 it's had one problem after another, brakes, moulding, 4 wheel drive. I'm so sorry I bought this vehicle, it really is a piece of junk"

Reliable

By on Monday, December 21, 2009

"With a K&N air filter and bed cover it feels much more powerful on the road. Its lower center of gravity makes it more stable on sharp turns than equivalent trucks as the Tacoma. The finish on the painting, 6" by 9" side mirrors and the thick leather is a plus. Only problem so far is the clinking of the transmission when shifting to reverse, but it's just cosmetic, you don't hear it with rolled up windows. Also the poor mileage per gallon is according to a V8 engine. However, there is a great aesthetic difference between the basic model and this XLS version only made on 2006. I recommend it as a peculiar, a bit exclusive pickup truck."

Excellent ride and reliability

By on Saturday, November 28, 2009

"I have the 2006 V8 XLS 4 dr ext cab and it's one of the best investments I have. The 4WD traction is great in snow, dirt, and giant pot holes. Never got stuck. I hear great compliments. The leather interior is very durable. You don't hear any noise or metal squeaking in off road conditions. It maneuvers like a sports car in the freeway because the center of gravity design on the truck is well balanced. The only trouble I had was a flat tire when I was in the mtns. It also needs 87 gas only as what the manual requires (Chevron only, other gas would get my engine warning light on). The satellite radio and the hands free phone command system very dynamic and has great sound quality. The body is solid, not cheap quality. I've also towed camp trailers and uhauls without any problems. My only wish is that it would have wings and could fly. Need I say more?"

Good Truck, Great Value

By on Sunday, October 25, 2009

"I picked up my 06 Raider Ext Cab V8 in Nov of 06. Traded in a 01 Nissan Frontier "Desert Runner" for it. I was looking for a newer truck with the power to tow my Talon to and from the racetrack, but didn't want a full size truck. The Raider fits the bill nicely. V8 power in a very attractive looking mid sized truck. I've had the truck for just about three years now and it has performed quite well. My only real gripes are relatively minor: The gas mileage could be better. The most I've gotten is 18 mpg on long trips, and I usually get around 16 or so combined city/highway. The model I bought was a dealer demo model, so it was equipped with the optional 10 in Alpine Soundbox sub, which is mounted between the 2 jump seats in the rea of the cab. The subwoofer really gets in the way of passengers riding in the rear, and makes it difficult to store large items behind the seats. OTOH, the sub does a VERY nice job of transmitting sound. he stereo in this thing will make your ears bleed. The glove box is also very small,although the large center console between the bucket seats makes up for that. The extended cab bed only has two tiedown hooks at the rear of the bed, which doesn't really make sense, since the smaller double cab bed has four. The truck is a bit of a handful in the rain because of the torque from the engine and lightly loaded rear end. Other than that I have no real issues with it. I've used it to tow vehicles, pulled trailers, taken it on long road trips and other than a visit to the dealer ship for a 30k mile service, it's been very reliable. Since I got mine as a dealer demo with 2K miles on it, it was discounted about 7K off it's sticker price. Like a I said, a very good value and a solid truck."

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

Look Good but...

By on Saturday, May 09, 2009

"This vehicle has been in the shop 3 time. A/C, and windows 2x. It seems like the electrical components short circuit every 8 months."

Im impressed

By on Saturday, August 18, 2007

"With help from mitsubishi i was able to get the v8 durocross fully loaded for A good deal. After driving it for a year im happy i got it. not to mention i was the first person where i live to have 1... and ive only seen 4 since. After racing cars for years im completely impressed with the handling, pick up and speed of this truck. Ive found myself sitting by other trucks at red lights, they tryed but they couldnt catch up. the one thing this truck needs is a better sound system other then that why dont you TAKE YOUR CHANCES WITH A REAL TRUCK BUILT FOR SPEED....."

"Great Deal"

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I'm a Toyota man,but the Mitsubishi Dealer was the only one to deal with me by phone!Looked at Toyotas & Nissans!The people at the dealership were great,and gave me a deal,,,couldn't refuse!!The Truck is Beautiful ! Black crew cab,running boards,alloy wheels,265/70/16 tires! Know its a Dodge motor,but has better warranty!"

Darn Fine Truck

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Anyone who like the Dodge Dakota should like this even more. Under the sh=kin it's the exact same machine. The only differences are 1) different body lines and 2) a better warranty."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Quiet, Comfortable, Smooth, Reliable"

Cons: "need sliding back glass"

"I went into purchasing this truck blind. I signed papers before even seeing what color I was getting. I just looked at one on the showroom floor. It a great truck. Its not too small and its not big and bulky. Its actually a larger truck than my dads '98 Silverado. I quickly found that any aftermarket part you have to buy as a Dodge Dakota. I have added a tri-fold bed cover, tailgate lock, and 20'S with low pros. I ALWAYS get compliments on my truck. Great mileage too. I recently average 23 mpg highway on a spring break trip. I would HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to another person. It also has a reasonably good sound system for a factory radio. Sounds just s good as my Mother's Infinity system in her Ram. I only wish it had a power back glass and an additional 12v port for the rear seat. I have added a photo of my truck."

good vehicle

By on Monday, August 18, 2008

"I bought a 2006 double cab durocross in june 2008. No problems yet. It had 16000 on it when purchased. With warranty until 60000 miles and price($16000), I just could not see giving 3 to 4 thousand more for a nissan or toyota. I put a K&N air filter and a bottle of cheap octane booster and I got 22.7 mpg. I would recommend this vehicle if you just want a basic no frills sharp looking truck."

Best truck in the road

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Cons: "The bed is just a foot to small"

"Nice to handle with no problem my gand child use it to go to college every day and drive about 90 miles a day. For her it handles well and once in the road is economical on gas. It handles well in the Mud, ice in snow.Will not change this Truck for any other one in the road"

Power verses Fuel mileage

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"The reason for my dissatisfaction is due to the power of the vehicle verses the fuel mileage it gets. I purchased a 6 cyl thinking I may have to give a little on power but would gain that in mileage. That is not true. The truck has absolutely no power and my fuel mileage is miserable."

great truck

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "its a great little truck ive had no problems"

Cons: "bed alittle short but not baddd"

"i have had no problems with this truck what soo ever . i wish thry still made them i would buy another one"

piece of junk

By on Friday, July 23, 2010

"biggest piece of junk i ever bought...Truck overheats right away if the weather is above 90 degrees. starts clunking and making loud noises...dealer always says there is nothing wrong with the vehicle...bought brand new and has overheated since day one"

I love my truck!!

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

"I bought this truck used 2 years ago and I love it. I drive this vehicle everyday to and from work. Not only does it look good, but it is very practical. Other than a spray in bed liner, I have put no money into this truck except for routine maintenance. I have hauled mulch, top soil, yard waste, furniture, etc. Great truck for the money."

Good Truck

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Size, Comfort, Smooth Ride"

Cons: "Built By Dodge"

"This has been a good truck for me. Bought it new for half the sticker price due to manufacture spiff's and the like. Only one thing to truly complain about and that's the Dodge parts. My shifter broke off in my hand due to a flaw in the steel goose neck (which is part of the transmission) the shifter screws to. Not really a big deal, things happen. The broken piece had the Dodge logo and part number on it so I headed for the local Dodge dealership for replacement. There I learned that the small steel goose-neck the shifter attaches to was part of the top of the transmission and would have to be purchased with a complete new transmission top-end for $1800.00. So typical of anything Dodge related. I told the Dodge parts room boys what they could do with that and had a machinist make a adapter for the shifter to screw to for a few bucks and all was well. Not so bad considering the low quality of American made auto parts today. This has been my only problem with this truck and suspect it to be a rare occurrence."

Raider 4wd

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"V6 is not enough power for this Truck. Gas mileage is not good. 15/19 Tires are expensive. Cant put a lift on this truck . This truck is reliable and has nice options . Handles Excellent in Snow , Mud and Rain . Has plenty of Room for a midsize Truck ."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals