• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab

8.2

Based on 119 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Get a lot of compliments

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

"I really like this truck. I bought it used with 13K miles. I was worried about a truck because of gas mileage but it is really good. 20mpg hwy. I have been stopped a dozen times by people asking what it is and saying they really like it. Pros: Nice body style, Durable, Gas mileage is good, Comfortable ride, Low maintenance, Room for 6 (5 comfortably), Cons: Little loose in the backend on bumps, NOT good on ice, Foot room when getting out of the backseat is cramped, They don't make them anymore."

Good truck for the money

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I have owned my 2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4 door for 13 months now. It has not been in the shop for anything except oil changes. The only thing that I could say bad about it is the transmission shifts a litte rough sometimes between 1st and 2nd gears. Other than that, it is a very solid and reliable truck. It is comfortable and roomy inside for me, my wife and two kids. It has enough get up and go to keep up with traffic. It has just the right options to make it an enjoyable vehicle to travel in on a daily basis. I commute an hour each way to work 5 days a week. Below I will list the top things I like about the truck and the top things that would make it better. Things I like: Strong V6 Bedliner Sliding Rear Window Outside Temperature Gauge Side Step Bars Chrome Exhaust Tip Comfortable, Roomy Seats Nice, Unique Styling Auxilary Port For Ipod Satellite Radio Things that would make it better: Lighted Vanity Mirrors on Sunvisors Electric Sliding Rear Window Smoother Transmission Better Gas Mileage (Every truck owner probably wants that) Tow package standard All in all, this truck is worth the money. I would recommend it based on my experience with it so far."

Best truck in the road

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Cons: "The bed is just a foot to small"

"Nice to handle with no problem my gand child use it to go to college every day and drive about 90 miles a day. For her it handles well and once in the road is economical on gas. It handles well in the Mud, ice in snow.Will not change this Truck for any other one in the road"

Surprisingly Fantastic

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I was apprehensive after I first purchased this vehicle. After a few weeks, I knew that I had made a great decision. The looks and style are far superior than any other truck I have seen on the road. I get numerous complements still to this day for many who have not seen the Raider. There are only two in the region where I live, so I feel as if I own a custom truck that is unique. I looked at the Tundra, Tacoma, Ranger, Silverado and Colorado and for the money, I got way more than I would have purchasing any other truck. As far as the ride, it is superior to most trucks I test drove although it does drive like a truck. Performs very well on the open road and gets about 19mpg on the hwy, even with off road tires. I have had no problems mechanically at all and I don't forsee any in the near future."

2 Year Owner, Impressed

By on Friday, January 14, 2011

"Truck is a Dodge Dakota with a face lift and a few Mitsubishi styling touches on the inside. I have a 2007 SE Double Cab loaded with the 4.7 V8. Mitsubishi's top motor and trim is a step below the Dakota, because Chrysler wanted to keep this truck below the Dakota over all. My V8 is not the high output. version, but the 235 horsepower one. I can't outrun a Tacoma or a Frontier with their V6's but I can pull a heavier trailer. This has the frame of the Dodge Ram 1500 cut down, so it is very stout and pulls my small trailer easily. Good breaks when pulling, and acceleration and cruising the motor is more then strong enough. Fuel Economy for me has always been around 15 MPG mostly city driving. This sounds awful, but my 4 cylinder car got only 18 to 20 and the V8 F.150 I had only hit 9 MPG on a good week. So I have crummy mileage with any vehicle and for what this is it is surprisingly good. Comfort, the cab is surprisingly narrow on the inside. My leg is up against the door panel because they really tried to give as much shoulder room as possible. Has basic truck interior but seems pretty well put together... Watch out for the center storage bin in the front seats, the latch is all Chrysler and breaks locking your lid down. The Mechanics repairing it guess my vehicle immediately at the lot when I said what was wrong, so this is a issue. On a personal note, this is the 5th pickup truck I have bought. Out of all of them, chevys, fords, dodges, this is my favorite one so far and I would trade in again for another. The turning circle on this truck is unbelievable, it can turn around in less room then my 2004 Mustang V6 could which is astonishing! As long as you remember you have around 18 feet of steel, parking lot maneuvers are usually a 1 time attempt."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab near Honolulu. See local deals