2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,761 - $24,294.

10/5.9

Based on 23 Ratings for the 2014 - 2016 models.

9.8/10

First Mitsu - In love with it

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Untrendy design - Great Gas Mileage - Quality"

Cons: "Nav & Stereo limited when driving"

"I've owned a Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, Scion and a couple of Kias - this is my favorite car to date. I was originally looking at the Forester, but I just couldn't get past the fact that it looks and feels less like an SUV than a car - and I wanted something "trucky". I hadn't thought of Mitsubishi and before going to the Subaru dealer, checked out their website and saw the Outlander. Love the design - it's sleek and sporty and compared to most of the competition these days, with designs that are nice but trendy, this vehicle's looks will still look good 5-10 years from now. I have the SE, AWD with every feature. The 4 cylinder and CVT are actually awesome - it's not some 700hp monster, but I've never had any problem going as fast as I want to. Handling is great, gas mileage is great (avg 27mpg). Third row is small, but I wanted something where I could drive a couple of extra people to the movies now and then -nothing more - and it works. Adults wouldn't want to spend more than a couple of hours back there, but that's typical for the compact class with third rows. The 710 watt Rockford Fosgate stereo is literally amazing. Turning up the bass turns the seats into massage chairs! (no charge feature people!) Literally my only complaint is that you can't use all of the features of the electronics system when you are driving. In my opinion, if they can tell that someone is sitting in the passenger's seat to determine whether or not to activate the airbag - they should be able to allow the passenger to use those features, even when the car is in motion. I know this isn't Mitsu's fault, but the over-protective lawyers who have to prevent us citizens from lodging extraneous court cases when we wreck our cars while distracted by the stereo.... That's it - love it. Definitely recommend this car - and this will likely not be the only Mitsubishi I buy."

Loaded and Reliable!

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Excellent handling in the snow/ice!"

Cons: "Premium Gas "Recommended""

"Like some of the other reviewers, I must have test driven all the crossover SUV's on the market. My main must-have was that it performed great in the snowy Colorado winters. The Honda CRV had all the bells and whistles, but handled poorly in the snow. Mazda CX-5 was too basic for the expensive price tag. Jeep Cherokee's were great, but read the terrible consumer reviews on transmission issues...etc. Looked into consumer reviews for the Mitsubishi Outlander, test drove it, and fell in love! I didn't like the lack of power in the 4cyl models, so I went for the Outlander GT V6 model. For the fantastic price, I got the upgraded sound system, power lift gate, and sunroof. Here are the Pro's and what little Con's I could find: Pro's: It handled EXCELLENT in icy/snowy conditions! I put the car in "Snow" mode and didn't even slip once (whereas I watched others slide off the road). I love the heated seats, the lack of road noise, the sound system, the smooth drive, the appearance, the uniqueness (I have yet to see another one on the road), the steering wheel controls, and the mpg that I'm getting with a V6. I could go on! Con's: For a V6, it doesn't feel like it has a ton of power still. It is economical on gas though! Also, Premium gas is recommended for max performance. I just hope gas prices don't go back up! All in all, for the price I paid, it has all the bells and whistles I wanted, and it handles excellent on the road and in bad conditions! Test it out and see for yourself"

Exceptional Value

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, visibility, warranty"

Cons: "Seats a little too firm"

"Been shopping and comparing for a CUV with 3 rows. I am the only passenger (90%) of the time but it is nice to have the ability have the 3rd row when needed. Primary drivers are - 1. Great gas mileage 2. Available 3rd row 3. Highly reliable I whittled it down to the Rogue (2014), Outlander (2014) and the Santa Fe/Sorento. I settled for the Outlander. Impressions: 1. Overall quiet driving refinement - minimal road noise. I do hear the engine (typical Mitsubishi sound - having been a previous Mitsu owner). 2. Exceptional gas mileage - I drive within restricted zones (45-50 mph - 70% of the time). I am getting up to 37 MPG. In the city or highway at 65 mph, I am getting 30-33 MPG - with me as the sole occupant. 3. CVT seems flawless so far. This is my 2nd CVT. I always set it to ECO mode. Will try non-ECO on the freeway. 4. Great price - The Rogue 2014 was higher by at least $3K (lowest negotiated price). The Santa Fe / Sorrento was about $2-3K higher as well. 5. 5 Star safety rating 6. Nice engine layout - I work on my own cars. The Nissan was really tight. The Outlander had plenty of space for me to work on. 7. Reliable - this is my 2nd Mitsu. My first was a Lancer and never gave me a CEL even at 166K. I sold it as it reached 11 years. 8. Outstanding warranty - full bumper to bumper 5/100,000 miles + 10 year/100,000 powertrain warranty. 9. Excellent overall visibility Wish List: 1. More storage spaces - there is plenty of space for more cubbies. For example, a drawer underneath the front passenger would be a nice plus. 2. Built in roof cross rails. The available roof rails/cross bars is a single integrated piece. I don't want cross bars."

Exceeds Expectations

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Excellent actual MPG, smooth/quiet engine & CVT"

Cons: "More interior colors! (ES)"

"Shopped around for a mid-size SUV with an emergency 3rd row. Wanted 3rd row for those special occasions (backup) and at the same time, excellent MPG. Test drove a few SUVs - only two came up on the short list - the 2014 Rogue and Outlander. Rogue was in short supply - dealers would not call me back. Mitsu dealers were very accommodating. As far as what I wanted and what I was expecting, this exceeds what I wanted. Plus, I got a 100K powertrain etc. warranty - built in. Having owned only Japanese cars in the past, reliability was very important - and Mitsu has been reliable for me. Actual MPG has been 27 combined, 32 highway. Interior is very quiet, CVT is very smooth. I do wish they had more interior colors - and more LED lights inside. There is a dark spot near the 12V port. The auto-temp AC is a great plus - so are the fog lights and bluetooth connectivity which came standard on my ES"

Enjoying My Outlander

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "Good visibility, lot of bang for the buck"

"Looked at a couple of suv's. Went with the Outlander and have not regretted it for a minute. the CVT transmission is smooth, the engine (4cyl)has ample power and it is a joy to drive! Don't know what the big fuss is over the second row seat, it's really not that bad. Different but not necessarily bad. Getting about 28 mpg which is about what I expected. Recommend that anyone who is looking at a RAV4 or CRV check out the Outlander for thousands less. In this case, paying less does not mean that you get lower quality."