2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,429 - $23,970.

10/5.9

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10

Good choice for fuel efficiency, 7 seats

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "price, versatility, MPG"

Cons: "Not a sports car, but that is okay"

"I have the 2015 Outlander SE AWD with no packages. Didn't want a mini-van, but wanted 7-seats (need only in a pinch to go 5 miles to movies/eat out/etc.) and good fuel economy. Looked at Dodge Journey, Nissan Rogue and Pathfinder and this. Hate the Journey's looks and handling. The Pathfinder was too big and bad on gas. The Rogue was about the same as the Outlander as far as handling, but the 3rd row was an add-on and had even less room than the Outlander. I didn't like the dash/interior of the Rogue. The 2015 Outlander is more classic and simple looking. The Rogue and the Outlander had the same driving dynamics to me (ie, 4-cyl, CVT, etc). So no really difference there. Like it lot. I like the style in and out -- better looking than Rogue, CRV, Rav4, any Subaru IMHO. Just don't expect a sports car from this or the Rogue. I have Mazda3 with a 2.5 liter and that is what I drive if I want some fun. The Outlander is for the family and works great there."

Best buy for small suv

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Awesome stereo, love the mpg, easy city parking"

Cons: "Vehicle could sit taller but might sacrifice mpg"

"I compared the Dodge Journey, Ford Edge, Chevrolet Equinox & Nissan Rogue with test drives along with price and options. The Outlander GT was the clear winner for my needs and wants. the interior cabin was attractive and simple. HID lights, Brake Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Rockford Fosgate stereo with Navigation, Back up Camera, 3500 pound towing capacity are features you find on more expensive vehicles. Outlander is also one of the top safety picks for its class. Been averaging over 28 mpg on hwy and 23 mpg combined with city and hwy. the 220 hp v6 is plenty of power for weight of the vehicle. Give the Outlander a test drive before becoming one of the masses with the other brands."

Wow - really love this car suprisingly

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Best car I've owned (I have had a lot!)"

Cons: "The dealer network is not large"

"I was shopping for an SUV. I test drove and saw everything (I'm OCD). The Mitsu impressed me the most despite all of the "expert" reviews. Best driving dynamics with the V6 and very good gas mileage. Also has the most premium feeling interior (I know - shocking for a MItsu but the redesign is nice). It also has those emergency third row seats for the kids when needed (much better than their old hammock). It also had an MSRP of 34000 but was by far the lowest price after the mitsu rebates. After almost 10000 miles - I love it. I've owned maybe 15 cars in my lifetime - most recently German luxury brands. Made a leap going with a fringe brand this time. Best car I have owned."

Excellent value and overall vehicle

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "Value, quality, warranty, space, engineering"

Cons: "Need to keeps RPM up to get a lot of power"

"I had a prior relationship with the dealer from when they sold SAAB cars so I wanted to check out their new line. Very glad I did, traded my 9-7X SUV for a Outlander GT 4 x 4 and really like the car a lot. It does everything you need and continues to surprise me with it's engineering quality. I am averaging 24 MPG without using ECO mode and I don't drive to save fuel so I bet 26-28 is possible. The room is better than expected, lots of headroom, sunroof is nice, and leg room is great. At first it makes you feel like it's not powerful enough to make it fun to drive but I have learned it's actually very fast if the RPM's are kept up a little. Kind of like riding a sport bike vs. a v-twin, just a different type of motor. Initial quality has been great, no issues to report after a month and 3000 miles. It's hard to beat the vehicle, warranty, and price paid. If anyone is looking for a small to midsize SUV/crossover they should take a look that the Outlander before they buy another brand."

First Mitsu - In love with it

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Untrendy design - Great Gas Mileage - Quality"

Cons: "Nav & Stereo limited when driving"

"I've owned a Toyota, Honda, Volkswagen, Scion and a couple of Kias - this is my favorite car to date. I was originally looking at the Forester, but I just couldn't get past the fact that it looks and feels less like an SUV than a car - and I wanted something "trucky". I hadn't thought of Mitsubishi and before going to the Subaru dealer, checked out their website and saw the Outlander. Love the design - it's sleek and sporty and compared to most of the competition these days, with designs that are nice but trendy, this vehicle's looks will still look good 5-10 years from now. I have the SE, AWD with every feature. The 4 cylinder and CVT are actually awesome - it's not some 700hp monster, but I've never had any problem going as fast as I want to. Handling is great, gas mileage is great (avg 27mpg). Third row is small, but I wanted something where I could drive a couple of extra people to the movies now and then -nothing more - and it works. Adults wouldn't want to spend more than a couple of hours back there, but that's typical for the compact class with third rows. The 710 watt Rockford Fosgate stereo is literally amazing. Turning up the bass turns the seats into massage chairs! (no charge feature people!) Literally my only complaint is that you can't use all of the features of the electronics system when you are driving. In my opinion, if they can tell that someone is sitting in the passenger's seat to determine whether or not to activate the airbag - they should be able to allow the passenger to use those features, even when the car is in motion. I know this isn't Mitsu's fault, but the over-protective lawyers who have to prevent us citizens from lodging extraneous court cases when we wreck our cars while distracted by the stereo.... That's it - love it. Definitely recommend this car - and this will likely not be the only Mitsubishi I buy."