2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $24,474 - $25,255.

10/6.0

Based on 22 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Exceeds Expectations

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Excellent actual MPG, smooth/quiet engine & CVT"

Cons: "More interior colors! (ES)"

"Shopped around for a mid-size SUV with an emergency 3rd row. Wanted 3rd row for those special occasions (backup) and at the same time, excellent MPG. Test drove a few SUVs - only two came up on the short list - the 2014 Rogue and Outlander. Rogue was in short supply - dealers would not call me back. Mitsu dealers were very accommodating. As far as what I wanted and what I was expecting, this exceeds what I wanted. Plus, I got a 100K powertrain etc. warranty - built in. Having owned only Japanese cars in the past, reliability was very important - and Mitsu has been reliable for me. Actual MPG has been 27 combined, 32 highway. Interior is very quiet, CVT is very smooth. I do wish they had more interior colors - and more LED lights inside. There is a dark spot near the 12V port. The auto-temp AC is a great plus - so are the fog lights and bluetooth connectivity which came standard on my ES"

After snowy winter, all is good.

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Body Integrity, excellent A/C & Heat"

Cons: "Can not adjust Navigation functions when moving"

"Excellent in snow. First Outlander I owned that did not nick the sides from salt and cinder. Good on gas. 26 MPG country road driving. 28-30 highway. After 12K just normal maintenance needed."

As good as much more expensive cars

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fuel efficient car, great for hauling"

Cons: "Seat folding complicated, premium recommended."

"This is a lot of car for very little money. Even base GT provides lots of bells and whistles usually found on much more expensive cars/expensive add on packages (backup camera, dual zone AC, rain sensing wipers, all wheel drive, paddle shifters, automatic high power headlights, and keyless entry and engine start). Most important, its fun to drive. High driving position, solid road feel, and unlike many others, virtually no blind spots, thanks to great window design and huge outside mirrors. It has a fantastic instrument panel, one of the clearest and most easily readable I've ever seen. Appearance and powertrain are clearly optimized for gas milage but results speak for themselves (much better than other V6 cars, esp. considering AWD, 23 mixed, seen up to 27.7 on highway). Nonetheless, car accelerates fast and effortlessly. Its solid construction feels very capable of handling pretty much anything and it has much better load rating (GVWR) than others of its size. Thanks to being able to move the second row seats, third row seats are handy to have and 5-6 people have a lot of space and comfort. More importantly, seats fold flat. The suspension absorbs competently minor bumps while still maintaining a solid feel for the road. 18" alloy tires for better road grip, over 8" ground clearance, super small turning radius, very roomy inside, even at my 6'4", unobtrusive placement of the 12V outlets and proven reliability track record backed with 5-10 year warranties. We were checking out the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and test driving a Subaru Outback (very similar in most aspects but feels essentially designed as a passenger car, less capability for hauling loads), Ford Escape (great car, but more expensive, feels more complicated and still unproven reliability) and Ford Flex (great car, more space but not nearly as fuel efficient and ended up being to pricey for us). I feel the car combines many of the best aspects of all of them for less money."

great in snow,fuel economy

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "test drive in snow was great,fuel economy"

Cons: "6 cil better than 4"

"I bought this suv,the first one in the dealer.4 cylinder,after 6 month driving the cvt transmision,and the engine noisy don't like me,but the suv run great,just too lazy.I ask in the dealer if I can change for 6 cylinder,and they help me.Now I have the same mitsubishi outlander but 6 cil.GT and I really love it.Good horse power,drive great in snow and ice,fuel economy is not too far from 4 cil.Quiet engine,I think is a great suv,I don't undertand bad reviews.6 cylinder much better than 4."

Good choice for fuel efficiency, 7 seats

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "price, versatility, MPG"

Cons: "Not a sports car, but that is okay"

"I have the 2015 Outlander SE AWD with no packages. Didn't want a mini-van, but wanted 7-seats (need only in a pinch to go 5 miles to movies/eat out/etc.) and good fuel economy. Looked at Dodge Journey, Nissan Rogue and Pathfinder and this. Hate the Journey's looks and handling. The Pathfinder was too big and bad on gas. The Rogue was about the same as the Outlander as far as handling, but the 3rd row was an add-on and had even less room than the Outlander. I didn't like the dash/interior of the Rogue. The 2015 Outlander is more classic and simple looking. The Rogue and the Outlander had the same driving dynamics to me (ie, 4-cyl, CVT, etc). So no really difference there. Like it lot. I like the style in and out -- better looking than Rogue, CRV, Rav4, any Subaru IMHO. Just don't expect a sports car from this or the Rogue. I have Mazda3 with a 2.5 liter and that is what I drive if I want some fun. The Outlander is for the family and works great there."