• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,184 - $22,691.

10/6.0

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Comfortable, quiet, smooth

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "comfort, good ride"

Cons: "pep, gas mileage"

"Drove just about every small SUV out there. Wanted a used Murano but gas mileage was a concern. Wanted all wheel drive with decent gas mileage. Thought I found it in this car. So far not living up to its expectations. Supposed to get 29 mpg on highway. Only getting about 23. Hoping it gets better"

Disappointed

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Mitsubishi quality, in-door storage space"

Cons: "Feel on the road, styling, spare tire location."

"In looking for a new vehicle, I test drove this one. As a very happy owner of a reliable 2006 Outlander, I had high hopes for this one. Inside it was comfortable enough, but I frankly hated the new exterior styling compared with other similar crossovers. I saw one in a dealership a couple of years ago where you could just slide your cargo out. You can't on a 2014. And, the spare tire was moved under the vehicle. Not very convenient if you get a flat on a rainy road. I thought it drove more like a truck compared to my much more nimble 2006. The sound system was nice, though, but I found the steering wheel controls for volume, etc. too small and the markings not well defined. I know Mitsubishi makes a quality vehicle, having had three in the family, but I left feeling underwhelmed and quite disappointed in the 2014 Outlander."

Exceptional Value

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, visibility, warranty"

Cons: "Seats a little too firm"

"Been shopping and comparing for a CUV with 3 rows. I am the only passenger (90%) of the time but it is nice to have the ability have the 3rd row when needed. Primary drivers are - 1. Great gas mileage 2. Available 3rd row 3. Highly reliable I whittled it down to the Rogue (2014), Outlander (2014) and the Santa Fe/Sorento. I settled for the Outlander. Impressions: 1. Overall quiet driving refinement - minimal road noise. I do hear the engine (typical Mitsubishi sound - having been a previous Mitsu owner). 2. Exceptional gas mileage - I drive within restricted zones (45-50 mph - 70% of the time). I am getting up to 37 MPG. In the city or highway at 65 mph, I am getting 30-33 MPG - with me as the sole occupant. 3. CVT seems flawless so far. This is my 2nd CVT. I always set it to ECO mode. Will try non-ECO on the freeway. 4. Great price - The Rogue 2014 was higher by at least $3K (lowest negotiated price). The Santa Fe / Sorrento was about $2-3K higher as well. 5. 5 Star safety rating 6. Nice engine layout - I work on my own cars. The Nissan was really tight. The Outlander had plenty of space for me to work on. 7. Reliable - this is my 2nd Mitsu. My first was a Lancer and never gave me a CEL even at 166K. I sold it as it reached 11 years. 8. Outstanding warranty - full bumper to bumper 5/100,000 miles + 10 year/100,000 powertrain warranty. 9. Excellent overall visibility Wish List: 1. More storage spaces - there is plenty of space for more cubbies. For example, a drawer underneath the front passenger would be a nice plus. 2. Built in roof cross rails. The available roof rails/cross bars is a single integrated piece. I don't want cross bars."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next