2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,425 - $22,152.

10/6.0

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Loaded and Reliable!

By on Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pros: "Excellent handling in the snow/ice!"

Cons: "Premium Gas "Recommended""

"Like some of the other reviewers, I must have test driven all the crossover SUV's on the market. My main must-have was that it performed great in the snowy Colorado winters. The Honda CRV had all the bells and whistles, but handled poorly in the snow. Mazda CX-5 was too basic for the expensive price tag. Jeep Cherokee's were great, but read the terrible consumer reviews on transmission issues...etc. Looked into consumer reviews for the Mitsubishi Outlander, test drove it, and fell in love! I didn't like the lack of power in the 4cyl models, so I went for the Outlander GT V6 model. For the fantastic price, I got the upgraded sound system, power lift gate, and sunroof. Here are the Pro's and what little Con's I could find: Pro's: It handled EXCELLENT in icy/snowy conditions! I put the car in "Snow" mode and didn't even slip once (whereas I watched others slide off the road). I love the heated seats, the lack of road noise, the sound system, the smooth drive, the appearance, the uniqueness (I have yet to see another one on the road), the steering wheel controls, and the mpg that I'm getting with a V6. I could go on! Con's: For a V6, it doesn't feel like it has a ton of power still. It is economical on gas though! Also, Premium gas is recommended for max performance. I just hope gas prices don't go back up! All in all, for the price I paid, it has all the bells and whistles I wanted, and it handles excellent on the road and in bad conditions! Test it out and see for yourself"

Good Quality Great Price

By on Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pros: "All the necessary equipment and very dependable"

Cons: "no roof rails on ES model"

"Purchased 9/11/14. Drove in all sorts of weather and conditions. Compared to my 2014 wife's Rav 4 and previous Forester, is equal to them in general performance and quality. The price was at least $6000 less and it does the job without excess toys. Seven air bags, good gas mileage (28-30) convenient controls, 4 wheel drive, starts easily in 10-20 below zero, and room for 5, is all I need. Glad I purchased this vehicle even though it receives lousy rating by reviewers."

Good choice for fuel efficiency, 7 seats

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "price, versatility, MPG"

Cons: "Not a sports car, but that is okay"

"I have the 2015 Outlander SE AWD with no packages. Didn't want a mini-van, but wanted 7-seats (need only in a pinch to go 5 miles to movies/eat out/etc.) and good fuel economy. Looked at Dodge Journey, Nissan Rogue and Pathfinder and this. Hate the Journey's looks and handling. The Pathfinder was too big and bad on gas. The Rogue was about the same as the Outlander as far as handling, but the 3rd row was an add-on and had even less room than the Outlander. I didn't like the dash/interior of the Rogue. The 2015 Outlander is more classic and simple looking. The Rogue and the Outlander had the same driving dynamics to me (ie, 4-cyl, CVT, etc). So no really difference there. Like it lot. I like the style in and out -- better looking than Rogue, CRV, Rav4, any Subaru IMHO. Just don't expect a sports car from this or the Rogue. I have Mazda3 with a 2.5 liter and that is what I drive if I want some fun. The Outlander is for the family and works great there."

Best buy for small suv

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Awesome stereo, love the mpg, easy city parking"

Cons: "Vehicle could sit taller but might sacrifice mpg"

"I compared the Dodge Journey, Ford Edge, Chevrolet Equinox & Nissan Rogue with test drives along with price and options. The Outlander GT was the clear winner for my needs and wants. the interior cabin was attractive and simple. HID lights, Brake Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Rockford Fosgate stereo with Navigation, Back up Camera, 3500 pound towing capacity are features you find on more expensive vehicles. Outlander is also one of the top safety picks for its class. Been averaging over 28 mpg on hwy and 23 mpg combined with city and hwy. the 220 hp v6 is plenty of power for weight of the vehicle. Give the Outlander a test drive before becoming one of the masses with the other brands."

Wow - really love this car suprisingly

By on Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pros: "Best car I've owned (I have had a lot!)"

Cons: "The dealer network is not large"

"I was shopping for an SUV. I test drove and saw everything (I'm OCD). The Mitsu impressed me the most despite all of the "expert" reviews. Best driving dynamics with the V6 and very good gas mileage. Also has the most premium feeling interior (I know - shocking for a MItsu but the redesign is nice). It also has those emergency third row seats for the kids when needed (much better than their old hammock). It also had an MSRP of 34000 but was by far the lowest price after the mitsu rebates. After almost 10000 miles - I love it. I've owned maybe 15 cars in my lifetime - most recently German luxury brands. Made a leap going with a fringe brand this time. Best car I have owned."