• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander

Based on 222 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Can anyone answer this Outlander question ?

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Love the style, the handling & shifting paddles"

Cons: "Resale and value"

"Outlander Gt 2013 with every bell and whistle. I researched for months. I knew this car would have to last me. I got my Outlander 2013 in March of 2014. There was only 5 new ones left on the east coast. I used every website and found out that I was buying this one for way below book and dealer cost. It listed for a little over $35,000 and I got it with all taxes, fees, gap insurance for $31,200.00 . So, now my question and concern. Even though I have no plans on selling it, the resale and trade in is like $21,000. I'm beside myself and can't believe how this can happen. What about the people who got an Outlander in 2013 for closer to the sticker price? They most be in the same boat. Has anyone heard of this before with any other car company or is this a sign that Mitsubishi is in trouble and on its way out. This buy truly makes me sick sick sick. I know I'm holding on to it, kind of have to now but everybody wants value in their cars. Does anyone have past experience with Mitsubishi buying or can you tell me you think this happening with this model ?"

Kinda regret buying this vehicle

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good family vehicle"

Cons: "cheaply made, noisy"

"When I first purchased my vehicle, I bought it with the intention of doing some minor hiking, kayaking, hauling around teenagers, etc. After installing the roof racks, it did great hauling my kayaks, but the microsuede interior was a pain to clean after any of these adventures. I also had problems with some of the plastic interior pieces being cheaply made which I discovered after making a small move. Furniture I would load/unload easily popped off the plastic liners found on the seats and the back of the third row seat. I also have a lot of problems with my media system. Sometimes when I connect my iPhone via bluetooth, it either takes forever or doesn't connect at all. When I decide to charge my phone and hook it up via USB, it usually takes about 5 minutes to connect and then once I do can only control the music through my console. Lastly, my vehicle did sustain some minor body damage when there was an ice storm and to my surprise it immediately started to rust! So to sum it up, this vehicle is good for transportation, light travel, etc. I guess I just expected something a little more rugged and reliable for my money."

Penalty Box on Wheels

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Good value, good handling, decent mileage ,"

Cons: "Engine drone is terrible, very uncomfortable."

"This vehicle is great for short drives, but very hard to sit in for long. The rear seats are for enemies only (forget about the 3rd row seat!). I need to trade mine in before the horrible drone of the engine drives me crazy. Otherwise it is a typical well built and highly functional Japanese vehicle."

The Hidden Jewel in the SUV Market

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, fun to drive, distinctive look"

Cons: "none that I've found"

"I absolutely love my Mitsi ! I had an Eagle Talon for 18 years, which was Mitsubishi underneath, so when it finally died I had no reservations about buying a Mitsubishi vehicle. Reliable and sturdy, sporty and a blast to drive. It looks small from the outside, but there's tons of room inside. My husband is 6.1 and very comfortable in the driver or passenger seats. The snout gives it attitude and makes the Mitsi stand out from all the other SUVs. I have the base ES, but it has enough options in my opinion. The CVT transmission takes a minute to get use to, but I love that it slows down on its own, which saves on your brakes. The 4 cyl is peppy and responsive. I have no trouble merging onto the highway. Plus it has a timing chain vs a belt, which saves you $$$. Gas mileage averages 22 in town and 30 on the highway. I've had no major or ever little mechanical problems with this SUV. I just keep up the regular maintenance schedule. I get many positive comments about it, and recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a reliable, all around great SUV! I look forward to many more miles with this gem."

My first Mitsubish and pleasantly happy owning it!

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "NAVI, Keyless, Reliability and Versatility"

Cons: "Passenger seats a little more comfortable"

Off-Roading

"I must say its a great reliable and fun car to drive and own. Not too many visits to the mechanic unless the maintenance, cheap parts, decent gas mile 20-25mpg. Great on the snow, sand, rain and off road. I do a lot of beach trips and this thing handles like a beast where others Pilot Jeep and Ford seem to struggle. Spacious for an SUV very well equipped, and awesome interior design! I love in particular my Navi System with an insane subwoofer. Keyless entry is great feature. Plus the paddle shift, if you want to put this thing moving since I have the 2.4L not the 6, does the job... I was a german car guy but I'm completely happy with my Outlander... Will keep my eye on future models"

Off-Roading

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander near Honolulu. See local deals