2009 Mitsubishi Outlander

Based on 226 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

Please Look Elsewhere

By on Monday, March 30, 2015

I don't own this car

Pros: "Leather, Sound System, Sunroof"

Cons: "Very Weak Powertrain, Road Noise, Engine Noise"

"Test drove an 09 Outlander twice. The 4 cylinder whines like it is looking for a pacifier. The wind noise is horrible on highway. Seriously though, this engine and transmission combo is not refined at all. Its very slow, very loud, and it just does not shift very well. Gas mileage is also awful. 20-25mpg on a 4cyl? My dash said I was getting about 17mpg. That is horrendous. The only thing to like in this vehicle is the sound system, sunroof, and leather seats. The rest of the car is a Chevy Cavalier in disguise. Very primitive powertrain. Look elsewhere"

Extremely pleased

By on Friday, March 20, 2015

Pros: "Great price, very reliable, I enjoy driving it"

Cons: "Bluetooth is for phone only, not music."

"I bought this Outlander used 4 years ago. Did lots of research before deciding on the Outlander. I based my decision on customer reviews and price. Was surprised that the Outlander was far cheaper and had much better reviews than the likes of Murano's. I can honestly say this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned, especially after putting 100,000 of my own miles on it. Only repairs have been the key fob (warranty covered it), a tie rod end and the blower motor resistor. Ride for me is very comfortable, especially considering the 18" low profile tires. The Rockford Fosgate sound system is amazing, and the 4 wheel drive is excellent. The past two winters here in West Michigan have brought loads of snow and I have easily drove 40 mph through 12 inches of snow with no pulling when hitting a deep pocket. Very good on the ice too. I have the 2.4l 4 cylinder, and I can't complain about acceleration for passing or take off. I am amazed at how well the 4 cylinder does in a larger vehicle, and I am a lead foot. Cargo space has been sufficient for me, moved a lot of stuff in this. Plan on driving this into the junkyard and pretty sure that will be several years from now, love it."

a Great Value - tons of cargo, excellent MPG

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "versatility, cargo space, MPG"

Cons: "comfortable but lackluster interior"

"The outlander has performed admirably on my long road trips (granted, its not the chushiest of interiors) as well as my excursions up and down mountain roads. It's not meant as an off-road vehicle, but its got just enough extra clearance to get me to my dirt-road camping spots. The little 4cyl does just fine on big hills and gives me 32 mpg highway / 28 mpg total average. I don't think there's another vehicle with that MPG that has space for my gear (camping / biking / dogs / backpacking / trips to Home Depot, Etc.). The price was right, but you can feel some of the lackluster materials inside. Overall - I'd buy it again in a heartbeat."

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Durability, reliability good handling, utility"

Cons: "Cheap interior and seats"

"I bought my 2008 Outlander LS in September 2008. It has been without a doubt the most reliable, trouble-free vehicle I've ever owned. In 100,000 miles, I have had one repair - the catalytic converter heat shield rusted out, and started rattling, which wasn't covered under warranty, and cost me $190 to fix. Other than that, just maintenance and normal wear items. It still drives like new, tires last 40-45K miles, brakes 70-80K. The 3.0 V6 runs like a charm, and the rest of the vehicle is easy to work on. My only criticism, like most Mitsubishi owners, is the cheap interior. It has worn well, but is cheap and drab-looking. If you're looking for a rock-solid, reliable, if not terribly exciting vehicle, the Outlander is hard to beat."

Can anyone answer this Outlander question ?

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Love the style, the handling & shifting paddles"

Cons: "Resale and value"

"Outlander Gt 2013 with every bell and whistle. I researched for months. I knew this car would have to last me. I got my Outlander 2013 in March of 2014. There was only 5 new ones left on the east coast. I used every website and found out that I was buying this one for way below book and dealer cost. It listed for a little over $35,000 and I got it with all taxes, fees, gap insurance for $31,200.00 . So, now my question and concern. Even though I have no plans on selling it, the resale and trade in is like $21,000. I'm beside myself and can't believe how this can happen. What about the people who got an Outlander in 2013 for closer to the sticker price? They most be in the same boat. Has anyone heard of this before with any other car company or is this a sign that Mitsubishi is in trouble and on its way out. This buy truly makes me sick sick sick. I know I'm holding on to it, kind of have to now but everybody wants value in their cars. Does anyone have past experience with Mitsubishi buying or can you tell me you think this happening with this model ?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander near Honolulu. See local deals