2009 Mitsubishi Outlander

Based on 224 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

a Great Value - tons of cargo, excellent MPG

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "versatility, cargo space, MPG"

Cons: "comfortable but lackluster interior"

"The outlander has performed admirably on my long road trips (granted, its not the chushiest of interiors) as well as my excursions up and down mountain roads. It's not meant as an off-road vehicle, but its got just enough extra clearance to get me to my dirt-road camping spots. The little 4cyl does just fine on big hills and gives me 32 mpg highway / 28 mpg total average. I don't think there's another vehicle with that MPG that has space for my gear (camping / biking / dogs / backpacking / trips to Home Depot, Etc.). The price was right, but you can feel some of the lackluster materials inside. Overall - I'd buy it again in a heartbeat."

Most Reliable Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, January 01, 2015

Pros: "Durability, reliability good handling, utility"

Cons: "Cheap interior and seats"

"I bought my 2008 Outlander LS in September 2008. It has been without a doubt the most reliable, trouble-free vehicle I've ever owned. In 100,000 miles, I have had one repair - the catalytic converter heat shield rusted out, and started rattling, which wasn't covered under warranty, and cost me $190 to fix. Other than that, just maintenance and normal wear items. It still drives like new, tires last 40-45K miles, brakes 70-80K. The 3.0 V6 runs like a charm, and the rest of the vehicle is easy to work on. My only criticism, like most Mitsubishi owners, is the cheap interior. It has worn well, but is cheap and drab-looking. If you're looking for a rock-solid, reliable, if not terribly exciting vehicle, the Outlander is hard to beat."

Can anyone answer this Outlander question ?

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Love the style, the handling & shifting paddles"

Cons: "Resale and value"

"Outlander Gt 2013 with every bell and whistle. I researched for months. I knew this car would have to last me. I got my Outlander 2013 in March of 2014. There was only 5 new ones left on the east coast. I used every website and found out that I was buying this one for way below book and dealer cost. It listed for a little over $35,000 and I got it with all taxes, fees, gap insurance for $31,200.00 . So, now my question and concern. Even though I have no plans on selling it, the resale and trade in is like $21,000. I'm beside myself and can't believe how this can happen. What about the people who got an Outlander in 2013 for closer to the sticker price? They most be in the same boat. Has anyone heard of this before with any other car company or is this a sign that Mitsubishi is in trouble and on its way out. This buy truly makes me sick sick sick. I know I'm holding on to it, kind of have to now but everybody wants value in their cars. Does anyone have past experience with Mitsubishi buying or can you tell me you think this happening with this model ?"

Kinda regret buying this vehicle

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good family vehicle"

Cons: "cheaply made, noisy"

"When I first purchased my vehicle, I bought it with the intention of doing some minor hiking, kayaking, hauling around teenagers, etc. After installing the roof racks, it did great hauling my kayaks, but the microsuede interior was a pain to clean after any of these adventures. I also had problems with some of the plastic interior pieces being cheaply made which I discovered after making a small move. Furniture I would load/unload easily popped off the plastic liners found on the seats and the back of the third row seat. I also have a lot of problems with my media system. Sometimes when I connect my iPhone via bluetooth, it either takes forever or doesn't connect at all. When I decide to charge my phone and hook it up via USB, it usually takes about 5 minutes to connect and then once I do can only control the music through my console. Lastly, my vehicle did sustain some minor body damage when there was an ice storm and to my surprise it immediately started to rust! So to sum it up, this vehicle is good for transportation, light travel, etc. I guess I just expected something a little more rugged and reliable for my money."

Penalty Box on Wheels

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Good value, good handling, decent mileage ,"

Cons: "Engine drone is terrible, very uncomfortable."

"This vehicle is great for short drives, but very hard to sit in for long. The rear seats are for enemies only (forget about the 3rd row seat!). I need to trade mine in before the horrible drone of the engine drives me crazy. Otherwise it is a typical well built and highly functional Japanese vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander near Honolulu. See local deals