2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,109 - $19,534.

10/6.5

Based on 25 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

First Impressions

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, driving experience"

Cons: "Have not encountered any yet."

"I recently purchased 2015 Sport edition and have only had it a few weeks, but I really couldn't be more pleased. The amount of room is more than adequate, especially with the fold down seats. Instrumentation exceeds my expectations and the ride is much more quiet than what I hoped for. The vehicle handles well for Pennsylvania winter weather and the comfort level is great. I am not a small person, and I enter and exit the vehicle easily with not issues. Also, I am extremely pleased with the warranty. I have owned a variety of vehicles and lived in Montana and Pennsylvania, this Outlander Sport has all of my confidence to handles winter driving conditions. If I would run into a situation where I am stuck in this vehicle, I shouldn't be trying to travel."

Noisy cab

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Economical"

Cons: "needs more bells and whistles"

"Wish it had more bells and whistles as standard equipment."

Don't Listen To The "Experts" - Great Little SUV

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "Great size, prrice, ride and features"

Cons: "Mitsubishi cheaped out on the carpet"

"We have a 2015 SE 4WD with the Deluxe (leather & pwr seat), and LED packages. Could not be happier with the car. This vehicle isn't going to win many drag races but who buys one for that reason. It has more than enough power for every day driving and it gets good mileage to boot. Right from the first tankful it has been averaging over the EPA combined of 27 MPG on regular gas. It has a great ride for such a small SUV and is relatively quiet. Plenty of people room, even in the back seat. This vehicle has the best headlights (adjustable HID's) of any car I have owned, and I've had a bunch. The hands free bluetooth interface is much much better than the SYNC in my $45000 F-150. Great IIHS crash test ratings, and 10 year 100000 mile warrantee. If your in the market for a small SUV, do yourself a favor and check the OUtlander Sport out."

Good Looks - Great Price!

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"I have a 2013 Outlander Sport SE with the Premium Package (Push To Start, Panoramic w/Lights, Heated Seats, Rockford Fosgate Sound System, Back-Up Cam) I have the custom Thule-Mitsubishi Roof Rack installed as well - it's rugged and suggest to everyone who has roof rails! I absolutely love this car, but there are some definite cons. The first test drive I took I thought the car was going to explode. Not used to noisy CVT 4-Cyl engines - that's for sure. My last car was a V6, so it took some time to get used to the 4-cylinder. I am not sold on the inside material of the car, the arm rest gets marked up very easily. However, I love the look of the car, the Rockford Fosgate sound system is very good and I love my panoramic roof. The handling is great - takes turns tight. All around great crossover - highly recommend!"

36mpg at 60mph - cruise control, somewhat noisy,

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "36 mpg freeway at 60mph, great design"

Cons: "somewhat noisy, needs rear seat ceiling light"

"Sleeper SUV! Great style, 36mpg at 60mph cruise control, fair amount of road noise, has enough pep when needed. needs rear seat ceiling light"

Great vehicle!

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage & options. Reliable."

Cons: "Cheap carpet and trim~hard to clean"

"This vehicle is great on gas and a pleasure to drive. Only problem thus far (in a little over 2 years of ownership) was that the battery was weak from sitting on the lot for an extended period of time. My dealer tested and gave it a full charge and I have had no problems since. The navigation system with MP3 and 7 speakers is what really sold me. My one drawback about this vehicle is that I think they could have given it a better quality carpet and trim on the interior-very cheap and ruins the overall feel."

love the heated seats

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "good price point & known Mitsubishi reliability"

Cons: "nearest dealer is 4 hours from where I live so"

"a nice change from what i was driving. i like the fact that this automobile isn't seen everywhere. i like to own something different that not everyone has. It gets alot of "second glances""

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Plenty of options. Not sold on the CVT trans.

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage. Options it offers."

Cons: "CVT trans. Not enough power. Use paddle shifters."

"Comfortable. Fostgate sound system is the best I ve had in a vehicle. Panoramic glass roof is an addition. Not much storage. The options are endless. I ve owned it for 8 months and still finding something new about it. Great turning radius. XID headlights that are adjustable with the payload are a huge plus. Can't say enough about the sound system that compliments the Bluetooth and Sirius radio. 2.0 engine lacks power on expressway. CVT trans doesn't help it either. Cannot get used to the trans not shifting. For the price, and options, its a steal."

uncomfortable rough ride

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "handles road well"

Cons: "blind spots uncomfortable rough ride poor quality"

"rough riding car uncomfortable seats. Radio and Bluetooth poor quality. Very noisy can hear road as you drive. Many blind spots"

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

Best Bang for the Buck for a compact SUV <16k otd

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Small, Fun, Sporty with 5 speed, VERY well equiped"

Cons: "dents easily, can get noisy"

"Overall Im very happy, GREAT price(6k less than other SUVs) lots of option even on the base unit but its not stripped out. I have alloy wheels (19"), leather steering wheel, tinted windows, USB port, and blue tooth - not bad for a base model with NO options! I wanted a 5 speed manual(lots of fun - and yes its even sporty) gets great mileage my average so far is 30.1 MPG mostly city commute, I have even hit 40+ MPG a few times hypermiling! Normally I get 500 miles to a tank of gas! Its small on the outside but big on the inside I have room for 5 adults and plently room in back for cargo. It is however a bit CHEAP, thin metal skin (put a dent in the roof at a car wash from the air dryer) a bit loud, bit bouncy, BUT for the price I would definitely buy again. Peace of mind with 10 yr warranty and tip safety pick by iihs to top it off."

Looks good... but you get what you pay for...

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Options, Looks"

Cons: "Quality, Refinement, Noisy Ride/Engine"

"I have owned my Outlander Sport for about a year and a half now. I was initially drawn by the price, mpg, and looks. I am pretty much the target audience of this car... 26 yr old male looking for something bigger than my Cavalier that still got decent gas mileage and looks cool. Mine is fully loaded red SE model except for all wheel drive. Starting out, I ended up bringing it back to the dealer because the rear end sounded clunky about a week after purchasing... spent multiple trips and calls to Mitsubishi trying to fix it. They finally kind-of fixed it but it still makes slight noises in the rear on bumpy roads that can get irritating. The ride is pretty rough and noisy, and everything about the car is pretty cheap, you can just tell. Example, the in-dash navigation is straight from 2000 and looks like any aftermarket DVD/navigation unit you can buy at Best Buy. I would not recommend this for long trips all the time, the CVT transmission struggles at interstate speeds and its hard to get over 23-24mpg going 75mph. The panoramic sunroof is nice, and the Rockford Fosgate stereo is awesome. Overall, spend the extra money to get something like an Equinox or Escape and you won't regret it. The options, price, and looks were what drew me in. But the ride and quality are missing. I am really hoping this thing will get me to 100,000 miles, but I am kind of doubtful."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, gas economy, extras!"

"I don't know how anybody could not love this car! Phenominal gas mileage, runs well in the snow, sharp looking design, and lots of added extras. The heated seats alone are a savior!"

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

SO SO CAR, CHEAP PRICE, CHEAPER FEEL

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, crampy and noisy interior, cheap"

"I orginally bought this car based on advertised 31mpg and 4wd capability. I must say after over 30kmi's, the gas mileage of 20-23mpg overall is the norm. I do a mix of driving mostly highway though. The cheap Goodyear garbage tires are at about 40% per the dealer and need replacing soon, the car is loud at anything above half throttle, the interior is dark, drab and my glovebox continually creaks and the dealer has not been able to correct, even after applying electrical tape to all the joints.(Yeah I called Mitsubishi Corporate on that service call, dealer admitted not approved remedy to fix, and replaced glovebox) however the creaking is now in the dashboard somewhere. Overall not impressed and let down by the false gas mileage advertisement. Buyer beware."

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

I love this vehicle. Rides nice on the highway.

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, sporty"

Cons: "Light rear end"

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an inexpensive SUV with a lot of bells and whistls."

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Great value, nice aggressive look, fun to drive"

Cons: "Need cup holders and power sockets for the rear"

"I travel a lot to Manila, Philippines and I use a 2011 Outlander Sport / ASX for traveling through the busy streets of the city and the challenging trips to the provinces. Having great experience with the 06 Outlander in the US, deciding to go with the smaller Sport version for use in the tighter roads and parking spaces of Manila was easy. The rugged/ aggressive front look, driving height, compact size made it an even easier decision. Would have loved a bigger engine but the 2.0 is sufficient. I'm pretty sure it can hit or surpass the 100mph/ 160 kph marker but who needs to really go that fast, lol? The driving experience has been great I was actually thinking of buying one for use in the US."

I Chose Mitsubishi Over Mazda

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Very durable car and well built."

Cons: "Sun visors could use extender shields."

"I wanted an uncommon small SUV and was considering this and the Mazda CX-5. Well, after the test drives and weighing all of the features versus price, I picked the Outlander Sport - it is loaded with features at a very reasonable price and carries a long warranty along with the highest reliability ratings from a leading consumer magazine. The CX-5 I looked at is not a bad car, but you have to move up into higher and more expensive trims to get desirable features that the Outlander Sport has like tinted windows, keyless start/stop, auto climate control and a 6 speaker stereo. The Mazda does not even offer a system comparable to the Mitsubishi voice activated FUSE system (it's like the Ford Sync). I spent around $20,000 for my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE and would have had to spend about $28,000 for the comparable Mazda with a little bit peppier engine (the Mazda dealer didn't want to budge much on pricing). It's not just Mazda though, the other car makers charge a lot more than Mitsubishi too. My Outlander Sport has good looks, comfortable seating and driving, good gas mileage, good road traction, the features all work well and it's really fun to drive."

great eco transportation

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "great.grea.t great.gas mi.comfort,&looks"

Cons: "driver r/sarmrest .longer/seat softer"

"glad I didn't get the v6.the 4 cyl is plenty fast"

Fun to Drive

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great stereo and attractive"

Cons: "The back seats do not recline"

"I enjoy driving my 2013 Outlander Sport around. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and has great looks. My kids say the front kind of reminds them of a shark. It is also very practical - the CR auto buying guide for this year lists it as one of their best new car picks for under $25,000. It is the only SUV that they listed in this category. Everything works too. I hear people gripe about how things like Bluetooth don't work right on their car, but it works just fine on this vehicle, along with everything else. I look forward to many happy years with it."

Very Good Small SUV

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "Trip meter underestimates actual gas mileage"

"I had never seen this car before attending the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. There seem to be so few of them on the road that they are easy to miss. I was looking around at small SUVs and the sharp looks and price of this one caught my eye. I drove one at a dealer after the auto show and ended up buying it. I test drove others beforehand and when it comes down to it, there are not really a lot of differences between them if you are just using it for commuting. The Outlander Sport is packed with features that you would have to pay anywhere from $2,000(Korean) to $7,000 (American/other Japanese) more to get. Mitsubishi dealers will work with you to get a much better price than the MSRP too. I don't know how Mitsubishi puts together such a great SUV for the price, but I am happy, especially knowing that it has a great warranty too."

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car