2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,879 - $22,482.

10/6.6

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Fun to Drive

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great stereo and attractive"

Cons: "The back seats do not recline"

"I enjoy driving my 2013 Outlander Sport around. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and has great looks. My kids say the front kind of reminds them of a shark. It is also very practical - the CR auto buying guide for this year lists it as one of their best new car picks for under $25,000. It is the only SUV that they listed in this category. Everything works too. I hear people gripe about how things like Bluetooth don't work right on their car, but it works just fine on this vehicle, along with everything else. I look forward to many happy years with it."

Very Good Small SUV

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "Trip meter underestimates actual gas mileage"

"I had never seen this car before attending the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. There seem to be so few of them on the road that they are easy to miss. I was looking around at small SUVs and the sharp looks and price of this one caught my eye. I drove one at a dealer after the auto show and ended up buying it. I test drove others beforehand and when it comes down to it, there are not really a lot of differences between them if you are just using it for commuting. The Outlander Sport is packed with features that you would have to pay anywhere from $2,000(Korean) to $7,000 (American/other Japanese) more to get. Mitsubishi dealers will work with you to get a much better price than the MSRP too. I don't know how Mitsubishi puts together such a great SUV for the price, but I am happy, especially knowing that it has a great warranty too."

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

Great value , great suv

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

"The experts talk badly about this car due to what they say is poor acceleration and sluggish CVT. They are wrong , the car is more than capable. It is not a race car. It is a great value with great reliability, good mpg, and plenty of features at a fair price."

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"