2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,777 - $20,368.

10/6.6

Based on 38 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

My 50th Auto

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "got this at a below market price."

Cons: "wish it had a 6CD changer like the 2013 had."

"Purchased new in Dec 2013, Have 12000 miles on it now. Around town I average 26MPG and on the Highway I get between 29 and 34MPG, depending on the driving conditions. I have a bad right leg and looked at many SUV'S, for getting in and out of. This fit the bill, very comfortable and has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy."

2013 Outlander Sport SE

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

"I didnt opt for the info-tainment package. But, I was able to purchase for 18.5k. It was a few thousand less than a RAV4, and Mazda CX5. And unlike them I got bluetooth integration for my phone, alloy wheels, wheel mounted cruise and radio controls. The RAV4 had an antique 4 speed auto, and not much else. The CX5 had a 5speed auto but I thought the Outlander Sport drove better and felt more solid. I have been very happy with the Mitsubishi but I will say the CVT transmission took some getting used to. The highs: - I get 29.5mpg on the highway if i take it easy - The alloy wheels look much better than the hubcaps that came standard on mazda and the metal wheels of the RAV4. - I don't drive much but i have put 7k miles on it. I purchased in 2012 and I put gas in it, change the oil and thats it. It has been rock solid. - Cabin Air filter, and Air filter easy to change - This car is quieter than my friends Matrix, my old Suzuki SX4, and my brothers Equinox. I've read that consumer reports no longer recommends this car because owner satisfaction is too low. But mechanically they rate it much better than average... go figure. The Lows: - A month after i purchased my local dealer (5 miles away) shut his Mitsubishi dealership. Now i have to travel 25 miles to the closest Mitsubishi dealer if I need warranty work. (had 3 recalls so far over minor stuff) Its an absolute drag to have to dedicate the entire day to drive there, wait, and drive home. - Merging on the highway is loud, and i have to watch the tach to make sure I dont redline (but honestly the redline is 6500rpm so its pretty high) What Mitsubishi should change: - Make the roofline taller so I can get bigger boxes in :-) - And reopen some dealerships... having to travel so far is a real pain."

I love the outlander sport

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

"Very underrated suv. It is not a race car but moves just fine. I get 28 miles per gallon and a lot more features for less money than Toyota, Honda, etc. Typically Mitsubishi has lower resale values but I drove them for years with great reliability."

First Impressions

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Handling, comfort, driving experience"

Cons: "Have not encountered any yet."

"I recently purchased 2015 Sport edition and have only had it a few weeks, but I really couldn't be more pleased. The amount of room is more than adequate, especially with the fold down seats. Instrumentation exceeds my expectations and the ride is much more quiet than what I hoped for. The vehicle handles well for Pennsylvania winter weather and the comfort level is great. I am not a small person, and I enter and exit the vehicle easily with not issues. Also, I am extremely pleased with the warranty. I have owned a variety of vehicles and lived in Montana and Pennsylvania, this Outlander Sport has all of my confidence to handles winter driving conditions. If I would run into a situation where I am stuck in this vehicle, I shouldn't be trying to travel."

Noisy cab

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "Economical"

Cons: "needs more bells and whistles"

"Wish it had more bells and whistles as standard equipment."