• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,852 - $20,343.

10/6.6

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Plenty of options. Not sold on the CVT trans.

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage. Options it offers."

Cons: "CVT trans. Not enough power. Use paddle shifters."

"Comfortable. Fostgate sound system is the best I ve had in a vehicle. Panoramic glass roof is an addition. Not much storage. The options are endless. I ve owned it for 8 months and still finding something new about it. Great turning radius. XID headlights that are adjustable with the payload are a huge plus. Can't say enough about the sound system that compliments the Bluetooth and Sirius radio. 2.0 engine lacks power on expressway. CVT trans doesn't help it either. Cannot get used to the trans not shifting. For the price, and options, its a steal."

uncomfortable rough ride

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "handles road well"

Cons: "blind spots uncomfortable rough ride poor quality"

"rough riding car uncomfortable seats. Radio and Bluetooth poor quality. Very noisy can hear road as you drive. Many blind spots"

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

Best Bang for the Buck for a compact SUV <16k otd

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Small, Fun, Sporty with 5 speed, VERY well equiped"

Cons: "dents easily, can get noisy"

"Overall Im very happy, GREAT price(6k less than other SUVs) lots of option even on the base unit but its not stripped out. I have alloy wheels (19"), leather steering wheel, tinted windows, USB port, and blue tooth - not bad for a base model with NO options! I wanted a 5 speed manual(lots of fun - and yes its even sporty) gets great mileage my average so far is 30.1 MPG mostly city commute, I have even hit 40+ MPG a few times hypermiling! Normally I get 500 miles to a tank of gas! Its small on the outside but big on the inside I have room for 5 adults and plently room in back for cargo. It is however a bit CHEAP, thin metal skin (put a dent in the roof at a car wash from the air dryer) a bit loud, bit bouncy, BUT for the price I would definitely buy again. Peace of mind with 10 yr warranty and tip safety pick by iihs to top it off."

Looks good... but you get what you pay for...

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Price, Options, Looks"

Cons: "Quality, Refinement, Noisy Ride/Engine"

"I have owned my Outlander Sport for about a year and a half now. I was initially drawn by the price, mpg, and looks. I am pretty much the target audience of this car... 26 yr old male looking for something bigger than my Cavalier that still got decent gas mileage and looks cool. Mine is fully loaded red SE model except for all wheel drive. Starting out, I ended up bringing it back to the dealer because the rear end sounded clunky about a week after purchasing... spent multiple trips and calls to Mitsubishi trying to fix it. They finally kind-of fixed it but it still makes slight noises in the rear on bumpy roads that can get irritating. The ride is pretty rough and noisy, and everything about the car is pretty cheap, you can just tell. Example, the in-dash navigation is straight from 2000 and looks like any aftermarket DVD/navigation unit you can buy at Best Buy. I would not recommend this for long trips all the time, the CVT transmission struggles at interstate speeds and its hard to get over 23-24mpg going 75mph. The panoramic sunroof is nice, and the Rockford Fosgate stereo is awesome. Overall, spend the extra money to get something like an Equinox or Escape and you won't regret it. The options, price, and looks were what drew me in. But the ride and quality are missing. I am really hoping this thing will get me to 100,000 miles, but I am kind of doubtful."

best vehicle ever

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "Great value, fun to drive, gas economy, extras!"

"I don't know how anybody could not love this car! Phenominal gas mileage, runs well in the snow, sharp looking design, and lots of added extras. The heated seats alone are a savior!"

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

SO SO CAR, CHEAP PRICE, CHEAPER FEEL

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, crampy and noisy interior, cheap"

"I orginally bought this car based on advertised 31mpg and 4wd capability. I must say after over 30kmi's, the gas mileage of 20-23mpg overall is the norm. I do a mix of driving mostly highway though. The cheap Goodyear garbage tires are at about 40% per the dealer and need replacing soon, the car is loud at anything above half throttle, the interior is dark, drab and my glovebox continually creaks and the dealer has not been able to correct, even after applying electrical tape to all the joints.(Yeah I called Mitsubishi Corporate on that service call, dealer admitted not approved remedy to fix, and replaced glovebox) however the creaking is now in the dashboard somewhere. Overall not impressed and let down by the false gas mileage advertisement. Buyer beware."

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25