2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,025 - $20,582.

10/6.6

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Reliable, Efficient, and a Great Value

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "MPG, Value, Reliability, Size, Warranty, features"

Cons: "small storage. but its a crossover"

"I purchased a 2015 outlander sport 2.0 awd after much consideraton and research of all the competitors in the small suv/crossover market. My top points were 1. MPG 2. Reliability 3. Value. Ive had the car for a couple months and have over 2,000 miles on it. Im very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy it again. I average 30mpg in 2wd. I drove it during the winter when we got 17inches of snow in one day and it went great. I have had no issues with the car. The competitors all cost much more, my loaded se came in at $21,500, less than most fwd base models. Mine also came with a lifetime powertrain warranty upgrade. The standard 10yr100k mile is still the best in the business. I dont find the suv to be sluggish at all. I have had a 73 nove,71 skylark both with 350 v8s, a 93 z28 camaro and a 09 gsxr 750 "crotch rocket" so I have an idea of speed and this little guy isnt bad for an suv. overall a great car."

Value for Money

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "visibility, gas mileage, ride dynamics, comfort"

Cons: "truck space, color options, 2.0L engine"

"I decided to purchase a crossover due to long commute to work and i was looking for reasonably priced (value for money) crossover. I looked at multiple crossovers from different manufacturers and decided to purchase Outlander Sport 2.4l GT model. Wow I'm glad that i bought this car and i really enjoy the car for daily commute. The visibility in the car is excellent same like sitting on any other full size SUV. Experts rated "2.0" model everywhere and failed to rate "2.4L" model. I owned and regular driver of Nissan and Honda crossovers and I would say from my purchase this is best among other if you really dig value for money from Japan manufacturer. If you are looking for a smaller, reliable, sporty crossover then its best bet for the price and options. This is not for a family who have more kids as trunk space is too small. Overall, I would recommend this crossover over others. Stay away from the 2.0 liter engine as its not strong enough."

Great little CUV

By on Monday, May 18, 2015

Pros: "Glass Roof, Radio system, Ride, and great price"

Cons: "No rear light, and No rear door storage,"

"Car was a great value a lot of high end upgrades. The car comfortable and Reliable, No problems in 2.5 years of ownership. The Rockford fosgate system and glass roof is great upgrade. Car could have a little more power but I good gas mileage get about 28mpg city/highway driving and as high as 33mpg."

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car