• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,734 - $19,209.

10/6.6

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

SO SO CAR, CHEAP PRICE, CHEAPER FEEL

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, crampy and noisy interior, cheap"

"I orginally bought this car based on advertised 31mpg and 4wd capability. I must say after over 30kmi's, the gas mileage of 20-23mpg overall is the norm. I do a mix of driving mostly highway though. The cheap Goodyear garbage tires are at about 40% per the dealer and need replacing soon, the car is loud at anything above half throttle, the interior is dark, drab and my glovebox continually creaks and the dealer has not been able to correct, even after applying electrical tape to all the joints.(Yeah I called Mitsubishi Corporate on that service call, dealer admitted not approved remedy to fix, and replaced glovebox) however the creaking is now in the dashboard somewhere. Overall not impressed and let down by the false gas mileage advertisement. Buyer beware."

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

I love this vehicle. Rides nice on the highway.

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Good price, fun to drive, sporty"

Cons: "Light rear end"

"I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an inexpensive SUV with a lot of bells and whistls."

See if you qualify for