2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,877 - $19,472.

10/6.6

Based on 52 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

good vehicle for the price

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "price, warranty"

Cons: "about 5- 20 horsepower less than the competition"

"I reviewed and drove the cx5, escape, and this vehicle. I reviewed all of the interior dimensions before choosing the outlander sport. The Crv, Rav4, and Sportage were out of my price range. I wanted a normally aspirated engine without a turbocharger for reliability. I wanted a new 4-wheel drive for under $20,000. I managed to get my 2015 outlander sport ES AWD automatic with fog lights for $19,500. I'M 6-3, 220# and the vehicle has plenty of head and leg room. My brother rode in the back and had enough room and he's 6-1, 230#. Cargo Space is lacking, but it will fit 10 bags of groceries behind the rear seat. Sure this vehicle is a little short on power (5-20 horsepower less than the competition), but I drive the speed limit so it doesn't really matter. Ride comfort is half decent. It rides better than my 2002 gallant that's for sure. No one can expect a $20,000 SUV to perform like a luxury Mercedes SUV anyway. I'm not to keen about the CVT transmission, but with the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty, who cares. I feel that the outlander sport is the cheapest AWD SUV you'll find and the warranty can't be beat. If you want a slightly better ride, pay $6,000 more for a Honda CRV. Otherwise, pay around $4,000 more for an Escape, CX5, RAV4, or Sportage"

Fuel economy, comfortable, well designed

By on Thursday, March 05, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy, comfortable, nice looking, options"

Cons: "Acceleration, no built-in aux plug"

"I was in the market for a crossover. My previous car was a 2003 Pontiac Vibe, which is what got me liking crossovers in the first place. Based on fuel economy, aesthetics, price and features, I narrowed my list down to the Mazda CX-5 and the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I drove the Mazda first, and I liked it. Next I drove the Mitsubishi and also liked it. It was when I started looking at my options that I really saw the value in the Mitsubishi. There is nothing wrong with the Mazda, but after personal consideration, I felt it looked oversized, the seat was not as comfortable, and the features (although nice) were not worth the cost to me. Overall, the Mitsubishi won, and for the same price as the Mazda, I was able to upgrade the sound system (highly recommend) and get some unnecessary things (interior led lights, alloy fuel cap, spoiler). I am the type of person to hold onto a car for a long time, so I was happy to pay a little extra since I will be driving this car for the foreseeable future. If you want something with fast acceleration, or towing capabilities, this is not the car for you. If you want a car that is comfortable, safe, good looking, and fuel efficient this is a great choice."

Best bang for your buck!

By on Saturday, November 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, handles great, agressive look"

Cons: "needs longer sun visor"

"Don't get caught up on the hype with Honda and Toyota. Don't get me wrong, they make great cars. But if you want to get more, but spend less and still get a reliable and quality vehicle then highly consider the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. I've owned Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Suzuki and loved every one of them. But when I purchased the Mitsubishi after careful research and review, the Outlander Sport by far was the best overall! It rides smoothly and handles great. It fits my family well and all the stuff that comes along with kids! Gas mileage is better than average. It has a much better look than the rest. But the best feature of all that makes it the best of the bunch is that it earned the IIHS Top Safety Plus Award. Enough said. Get yours!"

I Chose Mitsubishi Over Mazda

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Very durable car and well built."

Cons: "Sun visors could use extender shields."

"I wanted an uncommon small SUV and was considering this and the Mazda CX-5. Well, after the test drives and weighing all of the features versus price, I picked the Outlander Sport - it is loaded with features at a very reasonable price and carries a long warranty along with the highest reliability ratings from a leading consumer magazine. The CX-5 I looked at is not a bad car, but you have to move up into higher and more expensive trims to get desirable features that the Outlander Sport has like tinted windows, keyless start/stop, auto climate control and a 6 speaker stereo. The Mazda does not even offer a system comparable to the Mitsubishi voice activated FUSE system (it's like the Ford Sync). I spent around $20,000 for my Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE and would have had to spend about $28,000 for the comparable Mazda with a little bit peppier engine (the Mazda dealer didn't want to budge much on pricing). It's not just Mazda though, the other car makers charge a lot more than Mitsubishi too. My Outlander Sport has good looks, comfortable seating and driving, good gas mileage, good road traction, the features all work well and it's really fun to drive."

Great value for the money

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Great value, nice aggressive look, fun to drive"

Cons: "Need cup holders and power sockets for the rear"

"I travel a lot to Manila, Philippines and I use a 2011 Outlander Sport / ASX for traveling through the busy streets of the city and the challenging trips to the provinces. Having great experience with the 06 Outlander in the US, deciding to go with the smaller Sport version for use in the tighter roads and parking spaces of Manila was easy. The rugged/ aggressive front look, driving height, compact size made it an even easier decision. Would have loved a bigger engine but the 2.0 is sufficient. I'm pretty sure it can hit or surpass the 100mph/ 160 kph marker but who needs to really go that fast, lol? The driving experience has been great I was actually thinking of buying one for use in the US."