• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,412 - $19,947.

10/6.7

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great value and peace of mind for the price.

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Price, warranty, fuel economy, features"

Cons: "Radio has to many buttons, seats could be better"

My car

"I've been car shopping for years, and have been terrified of making a commitment. However after researching almost every car out there, I noticed how mitsubishi was completely underrated by all the experts yet hailed by the consumers, I even learned how many competitors rely on mitsubishi to make their parts. Kia and Hundea receive their motors from mitsubishi, GM receives parts from mitsubishi, and Ford even uses patented mitsubishi technology and well as VW. So with all these car makers reliant on mitsubishi...they clearly are doing something right. I found the outlander sport and was blown away by the features and price. Their warranty is the BEST, 10 year powertrain, 5 bumper to bumper, 3 year corrosion and 5 year road side assistance. I bought the SE model with the premium package. The sound system is amazing, the sun roof us breath taking and the little things line rear view camera, movable headlight (which are HID) and rain sensing wipers just make it even better. The cvt I was very unsure about because I read numerous complaints about the noise, but coming from a consumer whose driven this car for four hours straight on a trip...the noise is nothing. My old car was a v6 mustang...now that has noise. The pick up speed isn't bad, fairly decent and the mpg gage is really helpful in determining how fast you should be going if you want better fuel economy. It was great handling and lots of features to brag about. It's push to start is also another fun feature, it wasn't necessary, but still cool. I was able to get mine way way way under msrp. If you can as well, by all means but the car, you get so much more for your money as well as added security and peace of mind."

My car

Fun to Drive

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great stereo and attractive"

Cons: "The back seats do not recline"

"I enjoy driving my 2013 Outlander Sport around. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and has great looks. My kids say the front kind of reminds them of a shark. It is also very practical - the CR auto buying guide for this year lists it as one of their best new car picks for under $25,000. It is the only SUV that they listed in this category. Everything works too. I hear people gripe about how things like Bluetooth don't work right on their car, but it works just fine on this vehicle, along with everything else. I look forward to many happy years with it."

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

I love my SUV!

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, heated fabric seats, drives great!"

"I searched for an SUV that I liked for a long time. Finally settled with the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and love it!"

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25