2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Based on 60 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Very Good Small SUV

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Great value, comfort, looks and gas mileage"

Cons: "Trip meter underestimates actual gas mileage"

"I had never seen this car before attending the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. There seem to be so few of them on the road that they are easy to miss. I was looking around at small SUVs and the sharp looks and price of this one caught my eye. I drove one at a dealer after the auto show and ended up buying it. I test drove others beforehand and when it comes down to it, there are not really a lot of differences between them if you are just using it for commuting. The Outlander Sport is packed with features that you would have to pay anywhere from $2,000(Korean) to $7,000 (American/other Japanese) more to get. Mitsubishi dealers will work with you to get a much better price than the MSRP too. I don't know how Mitsubishi puts together such a great SUV for the price, but I am happy, especially knowing that it has a great warranty too."

Great vehicle!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, great stereo, comfortable, sexy"

Cons: "Not very powerful"

"I bought this vehicle in early December and absolutely love it! I got everything installed that I could - including auto starter and heated seats - which have been GREAT this winter (in Pittsburgh, PA). Drives great in bad snow, good gas mileage, comfortable and looks really nice. It is not a powerful car in reference to horsepower, but it drives smooth and handles well in city traffic. And for just a little more - I got the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty!!!"

Fun to Drive

By on Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, great stereo and attractive"

Cons: "The back seats do not recline"

"I enjoy driving my 2013 Outlander Sport around. It's comfortable, gets good gas mileage and has great looks. My kids say the front kind of reminds them of a shark. It is also very practical - the CR auto buying guide for this year lists it as one of their best new car picks for under $25,000. It is the only SUV that they listed in this category. Everything works too. I hear people gripe about how things like Bluetooth don't work right on their car, but it works just fine on this vehicle, along with everything else. I look forward to many happy years with it."

Don't listen to the "pros" - this is a great buy!

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "great price, ride, bluetooth system, easy access"

Cons: "responsiveness of CVT drivetrain, no compass"

"My wife and I were looking for a vehicle that would be easier on my back; in our exhaustive search we looked at a Honda Accord, Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Altima, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda 5, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV-4, and finally, the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport. To be honest, I almost didn't go to the dealership because the "official" reviews for the Mitsubishi were so poor. But, it seemed like it might be a good value, and the online reviews by people who actually owned the vehicle seemed pretty positive. It turned out to be the right vehicle for us, and for thousands less than the competition. We got the standard ES with no extra options, but the vehicle comes packed with standard features we find very useful, especially the bluetooth hands-free phone system. The vehicle is quiet and rides very nice (the ride of the RAV-4 was AWFUL), and best of all is super easy to get in and out of. Yes, it is not a sports car - the drivetrain is not terribly responsive, especially compared to cars like the Mazda CX-5 - but my wife and I are parents of a 20-month old girl, and neither one of us plan on driving the car at the local race track. It gets us from point A to B comfortably (my mom has a new CR-V, and even she admits the comfort of the seats is poor) and economically - on the highway we've gotten up to 33 mpg, and average about 27 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. If you can live with the quirks of the CVT drivetrain, you will have yourself a sharp-looking, comfortable and efficient car."

Enjoying the Outlander Sport

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Styling, comfort, city-sized, fun to drive"

Cons: "Small cargo area , slow automatic, climate control"

"I've had my Outlander Sport for almost a year and love it. I was happy to see that it is being recommended as a used car now by multiple sources, as its seems very well constructed and reliable. The vehicle was a terrific deal - its loaded with options that result in much more expensive pricing on other vehicles. I paid just over $20,000 for mine with the incentives that were being offered. The Outlander Sport has agile handling and is easy to park in the city. It has very comfortable seating for long car trips or long durations in traffic. It looks great and stands out among the usual compact SUVs. The only letdown is tepid acceleration when driving with the CVT automatic. In that mode, you can't say it's fast or even quick. But when switching to the manual mode with the metal paddle shifters, the Outlander Sport wakes up with quick acceleration. The back seat is a bit tight for three, perfect for two, and the cargo space is small. That's an acceptable tradeoff for ease of parking in the city. I love this vehicle!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mitsubishi Outlander Sport near Honolulu. See local deals